Diablo® III

Mac Stuck At Initializing

08/01/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Machkhan
Cool. Thanks for verifying this. I'll send this feedback up to the appropriate team.

Works. But are we going to have to do this every single time? What happens when there's a patch that we DO want to install? Will we be stuck at initializing?
Reply Quote
I was having this issue. It seems to have mostly resolved but still asks for my admin password every time I start up. I press cancel, no new patch, press play, everything works. Except it asks for the admin password every time I start the game.
Reply Quote
Oh, great, now I have to hit cancel FOUR times instead of one before the game will load. That was helpful.
Reply Quote
The cancel thing worked for me on mac thank you
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We're working on a fix to address this. No ETA yet.
Reply Quote
Still stuck at initializing. I tried all the steps in this thread (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6232743280) but still nothing.

Agent wants to make changes message pops up continuously even after I hit cancel, forcing me to type in my password. After I type it in (since I am forced to in order to close the window), nothing happens.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Did you try the recent steps added yesterday?

The earlier version (which didn't get change till late afternoon yesterday) just had you cancel, where the new steps makes sure you are not running any Agent/Blizzard Launcher processes, then delete the D3Debug.txt file and then reset folder permissions and launch.
Reply Quote
As am I, its doesn't want to load! It just stays on "initializing"
Reply Quote
So sad... Tryed it all, nothing worked...
2 hours to play a week and it does not work...
Reply Quote
Those problems denote very poor programing from the Blizz team. Annoying and unprofessional. You guys should have the best of all teams.
Reply Quote
it only works for lion, with mountain lion none of those steps works.
Reply Quote
solved this issue on Mountain Lion for me:

Fixed the OSX launcher password bug permanently downloading and executing the Official Diablo III Client Installer over here: http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/

Just started the Installer, entered Password for OSX admin Account, The Installer said after some seconds that all Files are Uptodate and then the Launcher started without asking for the Password anymore.
Reply Quote
macs are a computer, theyre used for doing multipule tasks... gaming being one of them. Its not that macs arent designed for games, which they play them fine, its that games werent designed for macOS. Which more and more games are...
Reply Quote
44 Undead Warlock
Macs aren't build for gaming. You people were well aware of this. D3 is a game. 2+ 2= ?
You have no one but yourselves to blame. Sorry to break it to ya.

LOL, ignorance + internet = ?

LAWL
Reply Quote
On Mountain Lion this worked for me too

solved this issue on Mountain Lion for me:

Fixed the OSX launcher password bug permanently downloading and executing the Official Diablo III Client Installer over here: http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/

Just started the Installer, entered Password for OSX admin Account, The Installer said after some seconds that all Files are Uptodate and then the Launcher started without asking for the Password anymore.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue, after I update to 1.0.4, it was fine, but the next day, the launcher stuck at initializing, I have tried your steps, kill all related process, delete debug.txt and reset permissions, after several times of cancel, still stuck at initializing, please help.

My environment, Mac air 2011, osx mountain lion.
Reply Quote
Tried everything suggested, only thing working is launching the game manually bypassing the launcher. It's staggering how this can suddenly appear, slipping by your checks and yet haven't been fixed. Damn shame is what it is.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Did you try deleting the Diablo III.mfil file as well and see if it helps? This is located in /Applications/Diablo III.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]