Diablo® III

Mac Stuck At Initializing

its the 3/april/2013 and this still isn't fixed! I bought the game two weeks ago and I've not yet been able to play it. I have Mac OS X 10.7.3 and I've tried most things. First off, i click to launch D3 and Im stuck on initialising.

I've deleted D3 and Battle.net folders and reinstalled multiple times.

I've tried Force quitting in the activity monitor but but i don't even need to cause as soon as the "Failed to read" Error comes up it's all completely exited.

Ive tried to hit cancel when it says "diablo III would like to make changes" but it gives me another error and won't allow any further action (until i type in my password) and then I'm at INITIALISING again.

Im not very computer savvy, but i look at the dates and it has been months since these issues arose, any solutions?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
04/03/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Harold
Mac OS X 10.7.3

You should be on 10.7.5. Try updating to that first with this combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1582

Are you also on an admin account?

I would finally see about resetting your game folder permissions to see if it helps.
Reply Quote
Instead of restarting you can open Terminal and type:

open "/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app" --args -launch

press Enter.
If Diablo 3 is located in a different folder you will have to change the path accordingly.

This will launch d3 without the loader screen.

Everybody !!! This one works !!!!!!!!!!!! I did it!!!!!!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
04/08/2013 09:13 PMPosted by littleFOX
Everybody !!! This one works !!!!!!!!!!!! I did it!!!!!!

Be aware that this is a "last resort" launch type, since the game cannot patch if it is not run from the launcher. You'll eventually need to resolve the launcher issue or else when a patch finally goes live, you won't have access to the game at all (the directly launched game client still checks for patches and if it sees one tries to run the launcher).

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
^^ This is correct.
Reply Quote
I'm having this problem too, I havent played in months. Tried resetting permissions, I'm on 10.8 (whatever the most current vs is) any suggestions?
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Machkhan
Mac OS X 10.7.3

You should be on 10.7.5. Try updating to that first with this combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1582

Are you also on an admin account?

I would finally see about resetting your[url="https://us.battle.net/support/article/8500090?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=040313"] game folder permissions[/url] to see if it helps.

I'd like to point out that in my case of encountering this issue, I created a new user on my iMac and resetting the game folder permissions solved the issue for me.

Thank you Machkhan!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]