Diablo® III

Suggest a Book Series

90 Human Rogue
I've noticed a lot of people out here love to read different book series. I like books about dungeons and dragons so if anyone could suggest something you feel I should read I'd greatly appreciate it. My two favorite book series are Dragonlance and The Sword of Truth.
Reply Quote
Song of Ice and Fire.

Never read sword of truth, but the TV show Legend of the Seeker was awesome! Wish it went longer than 2 seasons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I did enjoy watching that TV Show. I'm sad it didn't last more seasons. Maybe someone will turn it into a movie someday.
Reply Quote
Oh boy, where to start. I guess I'll start with one of my favorites, The Wheel of Time. Might also want to check out the Mistborn series, and a new series that started recently The Stormlight Archive Book 1: The Way of Kings.

Lots of stuff there for you to explore.
Reply Quote
How far did you get in SoT? I stopped after Naked Empire. The only DragonLance I have read were Soulforge and the chronicles named after each season.

You might want to try Song of Ice and Fire (as already mentioned), The Farseer, and The Wheel of Time.
Reply Quote
Song of Ice and Fire series. Hands down.

Also you can check out Bernard Cornwell's Series:

The Warlord Chronicles
The Grail Quest Series
The Saxon Stories

All pretty good historical-fiction novels. And if you end up liking his writing style, you can always pick up on the Sharpe series as well (didn't mention because they are a very different historical era)
Reply Quote
abhorsen trilogy
The demonata
The seventh tower
Cirque Du Freak
Reply Quote
if you start the song of ice and fire (Game of Thrones) read the books before watching the show. This is one of those rare times where reading the books actually enhances your enjoyment of the show.

also, don't read too fast. those of us who have been fans for years can tell you about the glacial pace at which the books come out. as is HBO will likely catch up with the series by the time the next book hits.
Reply Quote
WW2 Book that's pretty good - Soldier X
Percy Jackson Books are pretty good
Alex Rider Books are pretty good.

Those are off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
if you start the song of ice and fire (Game of Thrones) read the books before watching the show. This is one of those rare times where reading the books actually enhances your enjoyment of the show.

also, don't read too fast. those of us who have been fans for years can tell you about the glacial pace at which the books come out. as is HBO will likely catch up with the series by the time the next book hits.

Totally agree. Song of Fire and Ice is amazing and very well written. I am half way through Storm of Swords (book 3) and love that I have 2 1/2 more books to read that have been published.

If you read then watch the show it does make for an excellent time. Also someone mentioned the series is over but it is not, it has been renewed and is coming back.

As for the series. TO date 5 of 10 books have been released and Martin is finishing up book 6 very soon. With the successes of the TV show he mentioned that releases of the remaining books may come a bit quicker then normal but he doesn't want be pushed by a deadline.

So its 10 books in all with a 1000 page average of small typeset. Very very long but well worth it.
Reply Quote
I've enjoyed a few book series' the last few years.

The Legend of Drizzt Series ~ R. A. Salvatore
The Highwayman Series ~ R. A. Salvatore

The Coldfire Trilogy ~ C. S. Friedman
The Magister trilogy ~ C. S. Friedman

Blades of the MoonSea ~ Richard Baker

Also open to suggestions.
Reply Quote
Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. I am, I think the only fantasy reader who dislikes
A Song of Ice and Fire.

Edit :
The series starting with The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross for a contemporay Cthulu setting I also found fun to read.
Edited by Arsiel#2137 on 8/1/2012 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i also highly suggest Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover. there are i think 4 other books in the series that were out of print for years but recently brought back as a compilation book.
Reply Quote
Tad Williams series called Memory, Sorrow and Thorn. I put that one right up there with A Song of Ice and Fire series.
Edited by Ender#1738 on 8/1/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A Song of Ice and Fire - George R. R. Martin - 5 books and counting.

The Night Angel Trilogy - Brent Weeks - 3 books.

The Thrawn Trilogy - Timothy Zahn - 3 books, Star Wars universe (basically would be episodes 7, 8, and 9), but better, BY FAR, than episodes 1, 2, or 3, and an excellent follow-up to episodes 4, 5, and 6.
Reply Quote
Not a single person suggested Patrick Rothfuss' King Killer Chronicles? Dude, go pick up Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear RIGHT. FREAKING. NOW!
Reply Quote
21 Orc Hunter
"The Dark Tower" is awesome.
"Wheel of Time" is pretty good.
"Song of Ice and Fire" is obviously awesome.
Reply Quote
Author: Terry Brooks

1st book in series : The Sword of Shannara.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_of_Shannara
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]