Diablo® III

Diablo III Setup Problem - Mac

Diablo III wasn't loading with Mountain Lion so I tried reinstalling, yet now when I try to run 'Diablo III Setup' it just blinks a small icon and disappears. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Edited by Panda#1354 on 8/1/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the exact same issue... i've redownloaded the dmg/zip file about 5 time, still no difference...
I've also made a post earlier today, still no replies..
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You might want to try the following to see if it works for you:

1) Delete the unzipped setup program you have now. Do not delete the zipped setup program if you still have it (re-download it if you do not have it anymore).

2) Unzip the setup app from battle.net by right clicking it and selecting Open With -> Archive Utility. This will ensure you have proper permissions to run the program.

3) Navigate to /Users/Shared/ and right click the Battle.net folder.

4) Click the Padlock icon at the bottom of the Get Info window and enter your administrator password (this authenticates you as an administrator).

5) In the Sharing and Permissions tab, select the Everybody group and choose Read and Write option in the Privileges pulldown menu. Make sure you are working with the pulldown menu on the same line as the Everybody group.

6) Click the Cogwheel icon at the bottom of the window and select Apply to enclosed items. When it asks you to confirm this, select OK. Close the Get Info window.

7) Run the newly extracted setup app and the installation should proceed normally.

You need to use Archive Utility to unzip the downloaded file from Battle.net so that proper permissions are retained in the unzipped setup files.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
I just upgraded to os x mountain lion which i saved under os x 8 HD. Now I cannot find my Diablo 3 game app. Sorry, not very techy. Need help. Do i need to download the game again?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
If you did an "archive and install", you might find your Diablo III installation in the /Applications directory of the Archived System folder. If you just did a straight upgrade, then Diablo III should not have changed locations and by default is in /Applications.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I'm french and i'm having exact same problem.

When i launched diablo III setup, it opens a windows and the installer closed without errors.

My account is the only one on the mac, so it's admin.

I redownload many times the app, unzip it with archive utility.

I've repaired disk permissions, erase, using easyfind, all file mentioning diablo, blizzard or battle.net

As instructed by french chat assistance, i've done a reset of nvram.

Following this thread, i've changed permissions on the battle.net folder in Users/Shared

Console says :
2013-10-07 13:31:00 +0200 Diablo III Setup[3734]: Current process is NOT running as Admin: -60007

many times

But when i launch the app, it asks me for the password, and i type it right.

What can i do ?

Edit :
Console says :

07/10/13 16:43:16,620 Diablo III Setup[1703]: Current process is NOT running as Admin: -60007
07/10/13 16:43:16,621 Diablo III Setup[1703]: Current process is NOT running as Admin: -60007
07/10/13 16:43:16,621 Diablo III Setup[1703]: Spawning Elevated Process: /Applications/Diablo III Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo III Setup
07/10/13 16:43:25,751 coreservicesd[60]: Application App:"Diablo III Setup" [ 0x0/0x11e11e] @ 0x0x7fad139955e0 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x11f11f:) ), so denying.
07/10/13 16:43:25,751 WindowServer[1179]: [cps/setfront] Failed setting the front application to Diablo III Setup, psn 0x0-0x11e11e, securitySessionID=0x186b5, err=-13066
07/10/13 16:43:25,756 authexec[1708]: executing /Applications/Diablo III Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo III Setup
07/10/13 16:44:15,969 authexec[1714]: invalid argument vector

It looks like app is not running as admin, so asks for password.
It begins downloading and exit with an "invalid argument vector" ...
Edited by eliohann#2710 on 10/7/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have the same problem,...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]