Diablo® III

Can't install Diablo 3 with Mountain Lion Mac

still stuck at 0%
Reply Quote
Yeah I'm pretty exasperated with the whole situation. I bought an entirely new computer to play this game and now...what? Blame it on mercury in retrograde? I'm still totally unable to play DIII. So...Now what?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What specifically happens when you attempt to install the game?

Try deleting the Battle.net folder located in Users/Shared and see if this helps.
Reply Quote
Tried all steps, still nothing. Even made sure to be logged into my Admin account.

Here are my specs:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0F
SMC Version (system): 1.57f16

Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you attempt to install one more time? When the install does not go though, please send me your system information.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
Still doesn't work....
I sent you my config check it out
Reply Quote
no answer ? blue post allo ?

Will it be patched with the 1.0.4 update of late august ?? I can't play since the bug appear!!
Edited by Akhnott#2871 on 8/15/2012 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Akhnott - So, you're not able to reinstall since the the tools patch caused the initialize issue on the launcher, and you're attempting to reinstall now?

I see you're attempting to install it with a DVD. Can you delete the Battle.net folder in Users/Shared and try the digital installer from Battle.net?
Reply Quote
No differences

removed all files, empty trash, re-install with digital installer...nothing 0%
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try creating a new administrator and attempt to install via Safe Mode and see if it helps.

Creating a new admin account: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/creating-a-new-administrator-account-mac

Starting up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot)
    1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
    2. Press the power button.
    3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
    4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
    5. Once the login screen appears, make sure it has Safe Boot/Safe Mode displayed. This indicates you've done the steps properly.
    6. Login and attempt to install/patch. Once you are done, simply restart the Mac to leave Safe Mode.
Reply Quote
Okay...
Sorry dude, but I'm not gonna create thousand sessions and modes to install your crappy product on my mac.

Find a professional solution please...
Edited by Akhnott#2871 on 8/16/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi,

Finaly found myself,

1- install with the DIGITAL INSTALLER
2- it stay stuck a 0%
3- kill it
4- delete the Battle.net Folder (user/shared/...)
5- Empty trash
6- re-launch the DIGITAL INSTALLER

The problem was that I launched with the DVD first and second with the digital.
It's important to use ONLY the digital version (cause the DVD doesn't creat the diabloIII folder nor the blizzard folder.
Also accept the Agent request.

regards
Reply Quote
Still nothing doesn't even load that far
Reply Quote
As I've just looked at all the crap we have to do to load a game that should just work out of the box for $90, next they will say buy windows 7 and run Bootcamp
Thanks for nothing
Reply Quote
Still not working. This is terrible.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@JFINCH22- Can you describe to me exactly what is happens for your install?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem: The game does not install. The Installation stops at 0%, regardless if I use the downloaded installer or try to install from the DVD. I also tried the solution in 6 steps posted by Akhnott above... didn't help. Got a MBP early 2011 and OS X 10.6.8 .
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you send me your Battle.net Logs? This should be less than 2MB after you trim it. The instructions are below.

1. Navigate to Users/Shared
    2. Right-click the Battle.net folder and select Copy Battle.net
    3. Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and select Paste item.
    4. Go into each sub folder (Agent, Agent.[build], Client, Blizzard Launcher.[build], Setup) in the new Battle.net folder on your desktop and delete the any following:
  • Any Agent.app (the application itself)
  • Any Blizzard Launcher.app (the application itself)
  • Error Reporter
  • Any World of Warcraft, Diablo III or StarCraft II Setup files
  • 5. Now right-click the Battle.net folder and select Compress "Battle.net"

Now you can email the compressed (zip) file to macsupport@blizzard.com. This way I have all your logs and can investigate further. Make sure you put the URL and thread title in the body so I can know what issue we're talking about.
Reply Quote
I've solved it.

Navigate to Users/Shared/
then you can find Battle.net and Blizzard folders.
Delete them. and Run Diablo III setup again.

It means delete Diablo cache. ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5575474873 )

good luck:)

that worked enough for me to start the installation process...at 3.2% now...thanks dude.
you MAY just be awesome.
Now all you have to do is get my Demon Hunter to level up properly. Having to beat on a pine cone for 20 minutes in Nightmare is no fun....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]