Diablo® III

farm route for act 2 inferno - maghda

anyone know a good farm route if you are farming maghda in act 2 inferno? like getting 5 s tacks and killing maghda is not much rares. are there any other places to visit, assuming u don't want to go past maghda yet?
Reply Quote
Act 1 is much more efficient than act 2
Reply Quote
I understand but I want to increase my drop rates for higher lvl 61-63 items but i guess not worth the risk and not much champ packs going to maghda i assume?

I just see so much random lvl 50 !@#$ in act 1 and i just sigh but u still think act 1 is best?
Reply Quote
is it also true u aren't capable of finding like for example 1000 weapon dps 1H in act 1? i heard somewhere u won't see higher than 700 or 800 but i don't know.
Reply Quote
How often ilevel 61-63's drop is only half of what you need to worry about, the other half is how fast you can find ilevel 61-63's. 61-63's drop almost twice as frequently in act 2 as act 1 which means you need to kill them twice as fast to get the same amount of 61-63's.

You can kill a champ pack with 5 stacks every 2 minutes in act 1 with a good route. Do you think you can kill 1 champ every 4 minutes in act 2 with 5 full stacks? I don't think I can, the packs are too dangerous, have too much HP and are too spread out to maintain that in act 2 runs. Your best bet if you really want to know is to time yourself vs a static variable. I chose 5 stack champ kills and ignore chests and goblins. You could compare vs that or just compare vs total rares found, both would be viable comparisons.

Edit: No you can find the absolute best gear in A1 (minus patterns, 5 props are in act 2 and 6 props are in act 3/4, those are the only reasons you'd want to farm higher acts)
Edited by BazDefunct#1607 on 8/3/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is true. Act 2 is more dangerous for me and my dps isn't there to farm it efficiently and i'm not as relaxed in act 2 as i am in act 1 obviously. Thanks man!
Reply Quote
u can run a1 with 200+ mf on + 5 stack valor.. the quality will be infinitely better when you do find 63's than running a2 or a3/a4.
Reply Quote
Vault of the Ancients and Ancient Path goblins are probably the only ways you'd ever bother to run act 2 instead of act 1.

Ancient Path can be dangerous due to banelings, and VoA is good but you won't be running with full NV if you do just that so its kind of MF dependent.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 06:04 PMPosted by kinglouis
u can run a1 with 200+ mf on + 5 stack valor.. the quality will be infinitely better when you do find 63's than running a2 or a3/a4.

Not always. You can farm goblins and swap full MF gear and get the same quality in terms of props but many more 63s.

Only problem is the risks associated with the banelings and its much more boring than killing champs.

Path to Alcarnus regularly has goblins also.
Reply Quote
I understand but I want to increase my drop rates for higher lvl 61-63 items but i guess not worth the risk and not much champ packs going to maghda i assume?

I just see so much random lvl 50 !@#$ in act 1 and i just sigh but u still think act 1 is best?

You can easily get 5 stack before Maghda, but its a lot more dangerous than Act 1 due to wasps/harder monster types and not really that much faster than blowing through act 1 in full mf gear.
Reply Quote
does more MF honestly increase the QUALITY OF THE ITEM or only the chance to drop MORE items on the floor????

i hear so many different stories,
Reply Quote
Yes MF i got 302% 600 AR on my barbie def helps alot and i find a legendary or set items once a week maybe 2 times a week but takes time "Forutne favors the bold" "Fight or Flight... yeah right" starcraft 2. to say i would farm act 2 wat class are u?
Reply Quote
act 1 farming of course with 302 mf lol. well Good luck on your farming for 61 - 63 items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]