Diablo® III

Electrify dealing more damage?

Just a heads up, I think electrify might be dealing more damage?

I am getting wrecked right now by some electrified quill beasts in Act 3 inferno. This is on softcore, but I am pretty decked-out, and normally I could just ignore that modifier. I can kill myself in less than 2 seconds just by attacking one of them, and they have fast, horde, electrify, and knockback. Not sure if there is a bug or weird interaction, but it has been a long time since I have fought a group of elites this deadly.
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 8/2/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think it necessarily does more damage, but you're just finding yourself in a position to get hit by all the sparks at once more often than usual. I noticed this a lot in act 2 with my barb. If I kept my distance a bit, it hurt a lot less than if I were to start off with a leap and try to hack them down while standing virtually right on top of them.
Reply Quote
No, something was definitely up. Each bolt was wrecking me.
Reply Quote
Yeah...

I reinstalled to see what ninja nerfs and buffs they did and the first elite I fought on what became face-roll A1 Inferno had the property. I worm holed out and town portaled.

I don't suspect it is just this elite property as I saw posts of many people that were 'farming A1/A2' saying they can tell it became harder.
Reply Quote
The softcore forums are all abuzz about the ninja nerfs/buffs. Be careful out there, hardcore players, we dont find out about the actual nerfs/buffs until we die.

It seems like elemental damage is increased or now working as intended? Not just lig, but molten, plague, etc.
Reply Quote
Update: Fought 3 packs of electrified mobs since that last one. They have been way easier, like I remember. Not sure what was up with those quill beasts.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Sheldor
Update: Fought 3 packs of electrified mobs since that last one. They have been way easier, like I remember. Not sure what was up with those quill beasts.

They had MSLE.
Reply Quote
Yeah electricity from elites was scaring the shiit out of me with my barb... Never noticed the problem in the past.

Obviously the closer you are, the more you take, but wowzers it's packin a serious punch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]