Diablo® III

What lvl (solo) before killing Diablo?

Curious as I am playing 1st time HC wizard and wondering what lvl were you when going after him in 'Normal' playing solo?

I might be overdoing it a little, but currently lvl 37 with 6.5k health and 1350 dps with resis at around 120 give or take.

What do you use for primary/secondary attacks as well as passive skills?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Edited by DonQuixote#1124 on 8/3/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you will smash him wont be a challenge at all for you at that lvl. Most of my guys do it at about lvl 28-29 and have much worse tats then that.
Reply Quote
Thanks

Yes it's a slight overkill, but I'm taking my time with the HC character.

Will make it easier to go through nightmare.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 12:44 AMPosted by DonQuixote
I might be overdoing it a little, but currently lvl 37 with 6.5k health and 1350 dps with resis at around 120 give or take.

You should be fine. I did diablo normal without having to pop a potion on my latest toon at lvl 34 with 4.5k health and about 500 dps - and I only had about 7k health and 800 dps when I beat the butcher in nightmare.

I used something roughly like:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acXQRO!bXc!aabZZa

The idea being that you have to move a lot, and it's all really single target dps when you can, so I basically just drop the hydra (picked lightning because it is highest single target dps), dump the rest of my AP into arcane orb, then run away, let AP regen, keep hydra up and near him. Diamond skin w/crystal shell lets you let your shadow kill itself by attacking you in phase II if you want, and does OK damage to diablo if you have to use it as on oh-crap button. Teleport to help w/ kiting him around/getting away if needed, throw some magic missiles at him when you could throw an orb but AP is empty.

I don't even know if that's the best or a good build for that fight, but it made sense to me (I was basically just picking the highest-damage single-target skills that do not channel) and it worked, so ... might have been able to get away with using magic weapon/force weapon but I was paranoid about being able to take hits if I made mistakes.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 8/3/2012 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My monk was level 31 when I cleared normal - damage at the time was only around 360 and I had around 2.4k health. I got caged twice because I mistimed my moves but that only drained my life to just a little under the half-way point. Aside from that, it wasn't difficult. With your stats, you'll actually take him down quick.

I'm currently at level 37 now (740 damage and 4.5k health), around 75% through A1, and nightmare has been quite comfortable even when going against the elite mobs. With your current stats, I believe it outgears a good percentage of the content in nightmare.

From a wizard point of view, in nightmare softcore, I had around 4.4k damage for the Diablo fight at level 51. I also was using spectral blade and arcane orb as my two main attack skills. My damage mitigation at the time was horrible (not even 100 res) but if you watch the following, I still managed to take the brunt of most of his attacks. Therefore, you're HC wizard will be in really great shape by the time you get to nightmare Diablo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzVqaVu6tv4
Reply Quote
Curious as I am playing 1st time HC wizard and wondering what lvl were you when going after him in 'Normal' playing solo?

Word of advice:Finish softcore first on inferno and then try hardcore. You have no chance at all to do well in hardcore if you don't know what to expect in each difficulty..By the way with your stats you can beat Diablo in nightmaire too(with a bit more hp and some skill). You see what I'm talking about?:)
Reply Quote
word of advice dont listen to lluvatar hes a !@#$%^
Reply Quote
From a wizard point of view, in nightmare softcore, I had around 4.4k damage for the Diablo fight at level 51. I also was using spectral blade and arcane orb as my two main attack skills. My damage mitigation at the time was horrible (not even 100 res) but if you watch the following, I still managed to take the brunt of most of his attacks. Therefore, you're HC wizard will be in really great shape by the time you get to nightmare Diablo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzVqaVu6tv4

I haven't gotten to nightmare diablo yet, and I personally am not planning to face tank him as much as you did (my play style is very Brave Sir Robin - I'm always bravely running away), but I think it's neat it can be done.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 8/3/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]