Diablo® III

Game opens into a monitor that isn't there.

So I have a laptop with which I play D3 on. When I bring it home it's fine as I play it in windowed mode, through HDMI onto a TV.

When I bring it to work and want to play at lunch, the initial launcher comes up, but when I hit the play button it opens up basically on the TV that isn't there. I can min/max the window and see it moving to my task bar, then off the screen to where the TV is at home.

WoW doesn't do that, and will see that there's nothing there to open to, and will stay on the laptop.

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Your TV at home acts as a dual display. Simply disable it when you are not at home so that everything comes up on your desktop by default...
Reply Quote
No dice.. I do both of personalizing my screen to show only on one display, and disabled any monitors in device manager.

Game still wants to load off in la la land.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking I'll just have to ensure I shut it down on my laptop window so it remembers.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Abdar,

The game uses whatever display Windows has set to be the primary, it has no way to select anything else. It sounds like you have the external display at home set as the primary so if that's the case, just set the laptop's screen as the primary when not using the external display. You may need to run the game in windowed mode if you have the TV set to run at a higher resolution than the laptop screen can support.
Reply Quote
This same issue happened to me after removing my second monitor. I was able to find a solution on another site that worked on Windows 7.
Steps:
1) Click on the application on the task bar so it has focus
2) Hold down the windows key and press the left or right arrow until the application returns to the correct computer screen.
I hope that helps anyone else having this issue.
Reply Quote
works:

This same issue happened to me after removing my second monitor. I was able to find a solution on another site that worked on Windows 7.
Steps:
1) Click on the application on the task bar so it has focus
2) Hold down the windows key and press the left or right arrow until the application returns to the correct computer screen.
I hope that helps anyone else having this issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]