Diablo® III

Warning at log in for trade scam

I want to see a warning in the info window of the log in screen stating there is a known scam happening in game with the trade windows and people should avoid it or at least be aware of it.

I would think it would help the people that don't frequent the forums or even know about the exploited trade window scams and help cut down on the 12-16 threads we seem to get every day about it.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While the Breaking News window is typically intended for news or information related to service issues or interruptions, this is something I'll pass along for consideration. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

That said, we are definitely aware of the scams you and other players have reported and are working on improvements to the Trade window that should help prevent those types of scams from occurring in the future. I’ve spoken with our developers about this issue, and I can assure you that they're passionate about finding a resolution and making it so that players can feel safe and confident about trading with each other again. Unfortunately, the kinds of improvements we're making cannot be implemented via hotfix and instead require a full client patch, so please don’t think that because we haven’t made any changes yet that we do not consider this is a priority. We're hoping to get these improvements in as soon as possible (i.e. with 1.0.4), but keep in mind that sometimes schedules can change due to testing and implementation needs.

In the meantime, we encourage players to always be mindful of possible scams, and to use caution when trading with people they don't know. Additionally, as we posted previously, if you have knowledge of a possible scam (or exploit, hack, or bot), the best way to inform us is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or by completing this web form. We also ask that you refrain from posting information on how to scam or exploit others in the forums.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're hoping to get these improvements in as soon as possible (i.e. with 1.0.4), but keep in mind that sometimes schedules can change due to testing and implementation needs.
Perhaps you could give us a projection of whether it's of days/weeks/months away? Somebody at Blizzard must be working from a project plan
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Zuzax
We're hoping to get these improvements in as soon as possible (i.e. with 1.0.4), but keep in mind that sometimes schedules can change due to testing and implementation needs.
Perhaps you could give us a projection of whether it's of days/weeks/months away? Somebody at Blizzard must be working from a project plan

Like he said there can be issues that come up with the testing of it that will prolong it. So its hard to give a date to when it will be out.
Reply Quote

This has been asked probably a thousand times, and yet blues keep ignoring the question. Great customer service!

Think about how bad people cry over 1 or 2 more hours of downtime. Now multiply that by 1000 if they miss a projected patch date...
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:38 PMPosted by tubasteve

This has been asked probably a thousand times, and yet blues keep ignoring the question. Great customer service!

No, what they're doing is good customer service. Having played WoW in the past, I remember a few times where they had announced a patch, then had to push it back due to unforseen circumstances such as bugs or new issues coming up- and the playerbase EXPLODED.
This is another situation where Blizzard can't do anything right- if they announce a date but don't make it, the players will flip out. If they refuse to announce it, the players flip out.

Think about how bad people cry over 1 or 2 more hours of downtime. Now multiply that by 1000 if they miss a projected patch date...
Reply Quote
soon
Reply Quote
There are people posting who apparently cannot read. Are you in such a hurry? Will your heads explode?

Is video gaming 24/7 your entire life? What about careers, family, education.

Can I get an update on your current status?

Says the 85 wow fan with 3,2k posts
Reply Quote
I got scammed for just 1 mil so it wasn't that bad of a loss .. but I wish it would get fixed
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Warzeal
Says the 85 wow fan with 3,2k posts

He/she only has 279 posts, that 3200 is achievement points. GJ Validating his/her views on the lack of reading comprehension on the forums.
Reply Quote
I am confused how hard is it to say put commas in $$ text boxes or make a second click on accept to finalize trades?
Reply Quote
While the Breaking News window is typically intended for news or information related to service issues or interruptions, this is something I'll pass along for consideration. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

That said, we are definitely aware of the scams you and other players have reported and are working on improvements to the Trade window that should help prevent those types of scams from occurring in the future. I’ve spoken with our developers about this issue, and I can assure you that they're passionate about finding a resolution and making it so that players can feel safe and confident about trading with each other again. Unfortunately, the kinds of improvements we're making cannot be implemented via hotfix and instead require a full client patch, so please don’t think that because we haven’t made any changes yet that we do not consider this is a priority. We're hoping to get these improvements in as soon as possible (i.e. with 1.0.4), but keep in mind that sometimes schedules can change due to testing and implementation needs.

In the meantime, we encourage players to always be mindful of possible scams, and to use caution when trading with people they don't know. Additionally, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165"]as we posted previously[/url], if you have knowledge of a possible scam (or exploit, hack, or bot), the best way to inform us is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or by completing [url="http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html"]this web form[/url]. We also ask that you refrain from posting information on how to scam or exploit others in the forums.

Thanks for the response.

I have posted several times that the Devs should check into the City of Heroes in game trading window. Their system is basically a 2 click acceptance per person. You click once to lock in as does the other party. Once they both lock no changes can be made to the offer. If they are happy with the locked proposal they click confirm again, if one sees shenanigans they can click cancel and be out of the trade with no loss. Its a fail safe method of trading in game and has been proven to be hack proof for over 6 years.
Reply Quote

QFT.

The silence is sad but 1000000% understandable.
Reply Quote
Second click can't be hard to put into the game can it? I am not a programmer but would this take a full client patch?
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:38 PMPosted by tubasteve

Just shut it dude. Gosh, do you know how pathetic you sound?

Customer service is fine. Improvements will be discussed when there's something concrete to discuss.. If certain aspects of the patch aren't finalized, then what can they say to us? You want them to discuss 1.04 details that may change the second after? Forget that.

They know what they are doing. Just simmer down and listen to what they have already said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]