Diablo® III

Warning at log in for trade scam

here's a way to stop the trading and subsequent scamming from some players, if the sale of an item is under 1 million then it should be tax free, over a million gets the tax, this in turn will hurt the botter and help the average player.
Reply Quote
There are people posting who apparently cannot read. Are you in such a hurry? Will your heads explode?

Is video gaming 24/7 your entire life? What about careers, family, education.

Can I get an update on your current status?

Probably my favorite post of the entire week besides Lylirra saying:
08/02/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Lylirra
Soon™.
Reply Quote
Wow, you almost got Blizzard to admit it. So close.

Not enough people have complained yet. Blizzard will NOT fix trade scamming until more people complain. Encouraging trade scamming is making them money and the devs probably aren't even allowed to work on it. Such filth from a company that should be above this.

I cannot even begin to tell you how absurd this rumor has become. I think everyone wondered it at some point. The Fact is, it's so far fetched (when you ponder it's viability) it goes beyond words to describe.

Utter Trash.
Reply Quote

Perhaps you could give us a projection of whether it's of days/weeks/months away? Somebody at Blizzard must be working from a project plan

This has been asked probably a thousand times, and yet blues keep ignoring the question. Great customer service!

World of Warcraft lost 1.1 million subscriptions in the past 3 months (16.5 million dollars a month). Why would they make improvements to Diablo3? They don't want people playing D3 instead of warcraft. They wanted to make a fortune on the Diablo franchise and then get people back into warcraft...they are working off a project plan and it's right on schedule.
Edited by Lawbringer#1764 on 8/3/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well... It's kinda obvious why they cannot tell us when 1.0.4 will be out.

They as in the "CM's" do not have a clue or were not told. They probably have meetings prior to a major patch as suggested by the CM. this meeting has not occurred and therefore only have other job priorities to deal with ATM.
Reply Quote
The primary easy scam I keep hearing about is the ability to change the number of gems being traded to take easy money from them.

A temporary fix could be to limit the number of gems in a stack to 1 in the trading window.
Reply Quote
"World of Warcraft lost 1.1 million subscriptions in the past 3 months (16.5 million dollars a month). Why would they make improvements to Diablo3? They don't want people playing D3 instead of warcraft. They wanted to make a fortune on the Diablo franchise and then get people back into warcraft...they are working off a project plan and it's right on schedule. "

I doubt it when one aspect of the company starts to suffer they would buff up other aspects in order to keep a paying player base around to see ripe new Wow, SC2 and other products-games in adds. Diablo 3 was designed using a simple type of engine so after the hype dies down which it has will be easy to maintain and patch and expand.

Wow has lost some player base for sure and pandas is them trying a new target market "kids age 7-15" future gamers. Expect to see a new MMO "Titan" soon like 2-4 years and then panda kids plus wow players will be expected to buy into that game together. D3 will be needed to keep people around hoping like d2 that people will casually play it and see and buy their latest crap. ;)
Edited by Knoland#1632 on 8/3/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In the meantime - while there are still people playing - before we make these changes, you should use the RMAH since it is safe and secure.

Aren't you thankful?
Reply Quote
While the Breaking News window is typically intended for news or information related to service issues or interruptions, this is something I'll pass along for consideration. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

That said, we are definitely aware of the scams you and other players have reported and are working on improvements to the Trade window that should help prevent those types of scams from occurring in the future. I’ve spoken with our developers about this issue, and I can assure you that they're passionate about finding a resolution and making it so that players can feel safe and confident about trading with each other again. Unfortunately, the kinds of improvements we're making cannot be implemented via hotfix and instead require a full client patch, so please don’t think that because we haven’t made any changes yet that we do not consider this is a priority. We're hoping to get these improvements in as soon as possible (i.e. with 1.0.4), but keep in mind that sometimes schedules can change due to testing and implementation needs.

In the meantime, we encourage players to always be mindful of possible scams, and to use caution when trading with people they don't know. Additionally, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165"]as we posted previously[/url], if you have knowledge of a possible scam (or exploit, hack, or bot), the best way to inform us is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or by completing [url="http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html"]this web form[/url]. We also ask that you refrain from posting information on how to scam or exploit others in the forums.

Thank you Lylirra.

You've acknowledged its an issue
You've let us know its been reported
You've let us know its being worked and even gave us a hopeful ETA.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
A mailbox would rock, but they aren't going to invest anymore money into Diablo 3 unless it proves to be a money farm, and so far, it isn't because game play is broken, drop rates are horrible for reasons so patently obvious a blind person could see why (use of the RMAH), and MoP is coming out. I'm sure every single resource is dedicated to the game that is regular revenue.

Blizzard needs to examine that Dark Souls PC and Guild Wars 2 are coming out this month. Unless both fail horribly, I don't think anyone is going to care about Diablo 3 any more than they are demonstrating to care about it now, what with the population playing count falling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
There are people posting who apparently cannot read. Are you in such a hurry? Will your heads explode?

Is video gaming 24/7 your entire life? What about careers, family, education.

Can I get an update on your current status?

Says the 85 wow fan with 3,2k posts

Ya but, I have advanced degrees, careers, company, family and was semi-retired even before beginning playing wow. All those videogamers that let their life lapse turns them bitter and they act like the screaming kid in the supermarket.

"HOW LONG!?"

"when you grow up son."
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Shaman
'm baffled that something like Wizard and Barb godmode exploits gets fixed within 24 hours, yet something related to player experience with trading between players is not fixed and not a priority. Could this be because Blizzard wants people to use the AH and see the trading window exploits because of bad coding (as the wiz/barb exploits) are something positive for the company?

The Wizard/Barb stuff was done through a hotfix. The trading thing requires a client patch.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Shaman
"World of Warcraft lost 1.1 million subscriptions in the past 3 months (16.5 million dollars a month).

The money figure is probably too high. If any significant percentage came from China, Korea or countries in that region of the world, they don't pay $15 a month for a subscription. They do micropayments for time and it's much, much less than US/Europe.
Edited by Eschaton#1854 on 8/3/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
While the Breaking News window is typically intended for news or information related to service issues or interruptions, this is something I'll pass along for consideration. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

That said, we are definitely aware of the scams you and other players have reported and are working on improvements to the Trade window that should help prevent those types of scams from occurring in the future. I’ve spoken with our developers about this issue, and I can assure you that they're passionate about finding a resolution and making it so that players can feel safe and confident about trading with each other again. Unfortunately, the kinds of improvements we're making cannot be implemented via hotfix and instead require a full client patch, so please don’t think that because we haven’t made any changes yet that we do not consider this is a priority. We're hoping to get these improvements in as soon as possible (i.e. with 1.0.4), but keep in mind that sometimes schedules can change due to testing and implementation needs.

In the meantime, we encourage players to always be mindful of possible scams, and to use caution when trading with people they don't know. Additionally, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165"]as we posted previously[/url], if you have knowledge of a possible scam (or exploit, hack, or bot), the best way to inform us is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or by completing [url="http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html"]this web form[/url]. We also ask that you refrain from posting information on how to scam or exploit others in the forums.

Glad to see you back :P
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 8/3/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yay Lylirra,
Thanks you for the awesome response! Tells me you guys are very aware of the problem and will definitly be doing something about it as soon as patch 1.04 and if not then within a reasonable time frame depending on how hard/much time the fix ends up requiring. Nice, thank you for coming back to the forums and answering the serious questions with a serious and as detailed response you could give. I understand the uncertainlty as to when it will be fixed as this is software development and I appreciat the commitment to get it fixed.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Windspirit
"World of Warcraft lost 1.1 million subscriptions in the past 3 months (16.5 million dollars a month).

The money figure is probably too high. If any significant percentage came from China, Korea or countries in that region of the world, they don't pay $15 a month for a subscription. They do micropayments for time and it's much, much less than US/Europe.

It didn't come from China. D3 hasn't been released in China yet and they said in the quarterly disclosure that the majority of the losses came from North America. It may be inflated by a million dollars or two million dollars...but regardless, that is a huge some of money to see evaporate in a 3 month time frame (Say it's 10 million...that's 30 million in losses in 3 months.) There is a group of people who design games, and there is a completely different group of people who care about the bottom line. Why would they ever put money and effort into a game that has caused a massive loss in subscription revenue. In terms of business model, initial sales are not the money makers. It's the subscription fee where the money is at and right now they're figuring out a way to get us to resubscribe to warcraft.

If MoP isn't the success I will bet my lunch money that you'll see wow go free to play and we'll pay a monthly subsription to battle.net in general to have access to all of blizzards games. That would be the last straw before we witness blizzard implode on itself. Hopefully MoP draws back some of the 3 million subscriptions that have left over the past year.
Edited by Lawbringer#1764 on 8/3/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]