Diablo® III

"An internal Error has occurred"

Using a Mac and this problem happened after I installed and played only once. Now I can get in , just says "An internal Error has occurred, please restart" I restarted and nothing, I played with my security options and nothing. I also tried to change my password.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Does this error error on the launcher or when you attempt to log into the game on the login screen? Can you post a screenshot of this?
Reply Quote
I'm not sure how to send a screenshot, but I can explain. It's is when I launch either Diablo 3/Diablo 3 Launcher where the problem occurs. As soon as I double-click, the message pops up

"An internal error occurred, please restart. If problems persist contact customer support."

That's it. Then I can only press the "ok" button.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks. To take a screenshot, press command-shift 4. This makes some crosshairs to drag a box and make it screenshot. You can also press spacebar after doing command-shift-4 and it will take a picture of whole window instead.

Then you can post this in a photo sharing site, like Tinypic, Photobucket, etc.

Was the game installed previously?
Reply Quote
http://i47.tinypic.com/159e2d.jpg

This is this first time I installed it
Reply Quote

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

Thanks. Can you send me your system information?

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
Sent. Thank you for the help
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Gramble,

I think I see the issue.

I see that both Diablo III and Diablo III Launcher are on the desktop. Do you have a Diablo III folder in /Applications? Is there Diablo III and Diablo III launcher in that folder?
Reply Quote
D'oh!

Can I make a copy to place on my desktop?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Would it be better to create a shortcut, that way it can launch properly?

1. Right-click the Diablo III Launcher and select Make Alias.
2. Then you can drag the Alias (aka shortcut) to the desktop and launch normally without it interfering with functionality.
Edited by Machkhan on 8/2/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ive got the same problem after reformating my drive i reinstalled the program and it worked for two days now this is happening win 7 amd phenom 2 x6 16 gig ram only the launcher is on the desktop
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/08/2012 02:23 PMPosted by talon8770
ive got the same problem after reformating my drive i reinstalled the program and it worked for two days now this is happening win 7 amd phenom 2 x6 16 gig ram only the launcher is on the desktop

This is the Mac Technical forums.

For Windows technical assistance, the Technical Support forums would be the best place for you. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Reply Quote
same problem, internal error
Reply Quote
Would it be better to create a shortcut, that way it can launch properly?

1. Right-click the Diablo III Launcher and select Make Alias.
2. Then you can drag the Alias (aka shortcut) to the desktop and launch normally without it interfering with functionality.

I did all of this but it still says: An internal Error has occurred. Please help me.
Reply Quote
31 Troll Hunter
Making sure that Diablo III and the Diablo III Launcher where BOTH in the 'Diablo III' folder completely solved this issue for me.
Reply Quote
Im having the exact same problem as above. 'internal error'. after trying to play after one day of playing. please help support!!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
How are you opening the game? (desktop shortcut, directly from the game folder, the dock, etc)
Reply Quote
I try to open it throught the launcher OR through the shortcut............neither work. Still this stupid "an internal error has occurred" any ideas? I hate to throw 50 bucks down the drain because nothing seems to work.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We recently updated our internal error article for Mac, can y'all review it and see if it helps? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/internal-error-while-patching-mac
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]