Diablo® III

magic find on follower

how does it work? do i get the full stat i.e 20% shield on templar i get 20% mf ? im just curious because i tried fully equip my templar yesterday with magic find gear; sunkeeper mf shield etc and the increase in mf is barely noticeable
Reply Quote
one forth
Reply Quote
Every little bit helps.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You get 20% or 1/5th of your follower’s Magic Find, Gold Find, and + to XP.
Reply Quote
Yikes. 50MF on a follower only gives 10MF. The gimp you give to them stacking MF almost makes it not worth it.
Reply Quote
You could have seen this by looking at the follower's stat details, for future reference.
Edited by Glowyrm#1132 on 8/3/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:25 PMPosted by krauss
Yikes. 50MF on a follower only gives 10MF. The gimp you give to them stacking MF almost makes it not worth it.

They arent exactly power houses to begin with.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:25 PMPosted by krauss

It's not a big deal unless you don't have that great of gear on your character. There's a point that you kill stuff so fast that they can't really help anyway. But for much lesser geared people, yeah, there's a trade off. It's good this way since you have to weigh the small MF benefit against some extra DPS. If you could get 50% MF everyone would probably do that no matter what and it would be a "no brainer".
Edited by Glowyrm#1132 on 8/3/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Followers - yet another downgrade from D2.
Reply Quote
Followers do so little damage anyway that I load them up with MF just to make every little bit count.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Rygarius
You get 20% or 1/5th of your follower’s Magic Find, Gold Find, and + to XP.

Oh good, I love having choices.
Reply Quote
Does it still apply if the follower is dead?
Reply Quote
It only gives 20%? Can you Double it in the next patch, please?
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 01:44 PMPosted by HuzZ
Does it still apply if the follower is dead?

I would like to know this myself
Reply Quote
I use Kormac for max MF, his damage is terrible but the heals / regen / stuns are nice. Basically I just give him vit/mf gear with a legendary 25% mf 1hand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]