Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Pet Guide part 3 (old)

Nice post Peter, txs so much, explains a lot,
Using this build :)
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bhUiYT!UgV!YcZaYZ

got about 450 resistance to all elements, 900 armor, and attackers get 3500DMG after hit.

planning to buy some items to increase pick up radius and then I switch VQ to GI and change Bats to Fetish army :)
Reply Quote
I sorta just wanted to add to Mr.Karisu's original thread since he already made one, even though I didn't realize it when i was testing it out myself. I don't want to impose on something he already started. Since he already has a thread with the same information, I'll just reply in his thread to add to it.
Reply Quote
@FireZombie

Karisu hasnt exactly updated his post for quite awhile, there may or may not be changes and perhaps some of his info isnt as accurate as it was before.

Would generally be better if he updates with the new info you have found, but if not, the next best would be as per Peter's suggestion, for you to create your own thread.

Edit :

Believe the last update or post from Karisu in that thread was from 2 months ago.
Edited by NightCross#6873 on 8/8/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1

Great guide! I geared my WD with less than 5m (found the weapon, bracer, pants, and one ring) using this and it works great up to a2 solo and co-op. I think I need to up my armor a bit more for a3 though.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 05:58 PMPosted by MeatyBalls
Trying to find stuff with over 100 int, 50 vit, 50 AR, 150 regen and cc is too hard. Close to giving up I think I crashed this party too late :-(. Who the hell has 3m to spend on each piece I only have 2m total

You have a decent amount of CC already. Finding an item that has all of those stats at good levels is of course expensive. Looking at your gear, I would probably try to get your damage up to ~10k and you would probably be ready to try Act2 Inferno.

You probably don't need so much LoH- even with something like ~400 LoH your HP will refill in a flash as long as your pets are alive. I would recommend dropping the LoH on your weapon and maybe finding one with bleed or stun/freeze. You could probably drop the LoH on your rings and find decent rares that have life regen/all res/int too.
Reply Quote
K, ill post my finding, along with his in a new thread.
Reply Quote
Peter View profile

I just tried to log on to Diablo 3, but the thought of getting lousy yellow drops turned me off and prevented me from logging in.

This....can't wait for the patch.
Reply Quote
Gratz for the really good post Peter, again.

I think bleed is not that good, currently i use an hybrid pets/cc/Acid Rain with small LoH/Mana regen spec to farm A1 and A2:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RZUTYQ!adU!aacYYZ

I used to run it with a 1h with 25% 1400-2200 and a Shield with 24% 1000-1300, but really, even vs the champ pack,s i didnt saw how bleed was a good dmg source. So i changed the 1h for ceremonial knife with stun (didnt find a good one with freeze).

And with mana regen, i took VQ instead of FL and Acid Rain instead Fire pit: Voila! DPS was back.

I know the main idea is to let the pets do all, but atm, i think pets are just good to bring support.

Ofc, if u have enough gold or $$, u can get gear for any build, but, in that way, there are another builds with better gold/playability ratio.
Edited by Tango#1978 on 8/9/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Heyyo- I just attempted to start building a pet proc build, via regear. Weenseng (sorry dont remember) posted on one of my posts, and a look at his profile looked way more fun than my zb /vq build. I dropped about 8 bucks on a belt, gloves and found a shield for a total of aprox 10% CC between freeze/stun. The proc of firepit, stinker and fire dogs works fine, could use some more CC for sure, but im wondering what DPS is comfortable to not have to just sit and hold the mouse button for a 5 minutes an enemy. Been perusing the AH for a knife with high bleed, mana regen and damage + for toads, and maybe try and switch away from firepit. Just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for decreasing elite battles.
Reply Quote
HALP PLZ

i am SO BAD at numbers and decision making, which is how i can tell i'm playing the wrong game...

can a kindly individge have a looksie at my current gear and let me know what to throw my 1.8 mil gp at so i can die less and farm more?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/capntao-1291/

all i ever wanted to do was have my pets be crazy hawt and that's how they are with the proctologist but the homework involved in gear purchasing is far beyond my clicking abilities.

help me plz or tell me to go play guild wars 2 because the pvp in gw1 was at least not gear dependent.
Reply Quote
I don't see how you did Act 3 or Act 4 I am getting stomped, its so !@#$ing annoying.
Reply Quote
HALP PLZ

i am SO BAD at numbers and decision making, which is how i can tell i'm playing the wrong game...

can a kindly individge have a looksie at my current gear and let me know what to throw my 1.8 mil gp at so i can die less and farm more?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/capntao-1291/

all i ever wanted to do was have my pets be crazy hawt and that's how they are with the proctologist but the homework involved in gear purchasing is far beyond my clicking abilities.

help me plz or tell me to go play guild wars 2 because the pvp in gw1 was at least not gear dependent.

In general, your resist all, life regen, and lack of life on hit is what's holding you back.

I would:

1) Replace your shoulder, pants, and boots. You don't really need chill/immobilize/slow- fear, blind, freeze, and stun are much much more important and you already have those. Replace them with resist all and life regen as a priority while also getting as much int/armor as you can afford.

2) Replace the ring that doesn't have all resist. Buy one that has all resist and life on hit, with int/armor/life regen as a bonus if you can find them. If you have any more money, replace the other ring with one that has all resist and life on hit too. ~400 or so life on hit will make a HUGE difference in your survivability.

3) You can probably find a bracer with either higher knockback and all resist/life regen, or just forget about the knockback. I like knockback but it isn't necessary (fear/stun/blind/freeze are usually much better).

4) Your weapon and amulet are pretty decent, at least up to Act2 probably- I haven't had the patience to find an ammy with blind so I'm jealous.

Doing that should get you higher all resist and some life regen which will drastically improve your pet's survivability. The life on hit will make you near invincible while your pets are alive.

The next thing I would do is change up your build. With you gear I would run Fire Pit, Burning Dogs, Big Stinker, Frightening Aspect, Healing Journey, and Soul Harvest with whatever rune you prefer. I would also use Jungle Fort, Fierce Loyalty, and Zombie Handler. Zombie Bears isn't sustainable with you gear- you have very low mana regen and no VQ. Sacrifice, while the most fun skill a WD has, isn't worth using if you're going to try to get your pets to tank for you. Fierce Loyalty is necessary to give your pets the life regen you're going to be stacking. Healing Journey and Frightening Aspect also heal/buff your pets and can help them survive fights against elites. Soul Harvest will boost your DPS and give your pets a little extra all resist, though it could be changed out for any other skill you'd prefer probably (another DPS skill, or Hex, or BBV, or...).
Edited by crdvis16#1981 on 8/10/2012 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 06:01 PMPosted by BROMONIUM
Heyyo- I just attempted to start building a pet proc build, via regear. Weenseng (sorry dont remember) posted on one of my posts, and a look at his profile looked way more fun than my zb /vq build. I dropped about 8 bucks on a belt, gloves and found a shield for a total of aprox 10% CC between freeze/stun. The proc of firepit, stinker and fire dogs works fine, could use some more CC for sure, but im wondering what DPS is comfortable to not have to just sit and hold the mouse button for a 5 minutes an enemy. Been perusing the AH for a knife with high bleed, mana regen and damage + for toads, and maybe try and switch away from firepit. Just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for decreasing elite battles.

Weesheng is right- stacking bleed could certainly help. I would find something with at least 20% chance or more to do at least 1k-2k on both weapon and shield. He's also right that trying to get life on hit on your weapon just makes things more expensive and that you're better off getting life on hit from your rings/amulet, especially since your weapon is one of the only places to get bleed/CC/mana regen/etc.

Alternatively, since your DPS is pretty high for a pet build you could get more damage from your skill choices. I run Fire Pit/Zombie Bears in my pet build and it REALLY helps take down elite packs faster. The main problems with Zombie bears have always been that you can't stand still in inferno and use it without dying and that it requires VQ. I've found that running a pet build easily solves the first problem- the CC and life on hit returns from your pets keep you alive while you spam bears. As for VQ being required, I made sure to get a CKnife with mana regen and -mana cost to Fire Pit. This allows me to dump my mana into Bears when I have it and then quickly regen mana while spamming Fire Pit in between. I can't spam bears non stop but I find that I spend time re-positioning to avoid elite affixes anyway and by the time I feel safe again my mana has largely regened.

With your back to a wall and the bears shooting in a line, elite/champ packs go down MUCH faster. It makes farming an act that you're comfortable with much quicker, though it might not be as safe or viable for progressing in an act that you're having a hard time with. Lately I've even been skipping a shield for a mojo with mana regen and running with Soul Harvest instead of Frightening Aspect and Spiritual Attunement instead of ZH because it makes farming VotA much quicker.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there!
Reply Quote
how are you able to get 3 def. skills wheni am only able to 1
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 07:12 AMPosted by odoacer
how are you able to get 3 def. skills wheni am only able to 1

Turn on elective mode in game options. It allows you to put skills wherever you want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]