Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Pet Guide part 3 (old)

I just found dodge chance help a lot our pets alive.
Now my stats:

4200 armor
29.20% dodge chance
700 AR
2657 life regan
Edited by KieronLooi#1526 on 8/12/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
how does regen life fair vs LOH in act3 n 4 inferno? can you solo that gas guy ghom?
Edited by Dmurda#1599 on 8/12/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@raid: the fetishes don't take damage, so that's not an issue. they don't proc anything (cc, bleed, etc.) except for their aoe on summon if you get that rune. they do distract the mobs a bit

@kieron: with those stats, how do your pets do in a3/4?

@dmurda: regen life is for the pets, mainly. LoH is for you. i use both.. i don't think i've tried soloing ghom since the patch...

@doubtlessone: awesome gear man!

@weesheng: sorry. it's a pet peeve of mine when people make baseless statements (speculations) about what blizz is or isn't going to do. your post wasn't deserving of malice. nothing personal.

currently, my stats + barb armor/resist shout is enough for my pets to stand in diablo's fire circle !@#$ (i pop healing from SW).
Reply Quote
Does armour have a greater effect on pets than on us?

My pets and I get royally f'd up in act 3. Need better gear.
Reply Quote
Ur glove and belt are excellent, such items aren't available on the ah at the moment, and if they were they wouldn't sell for less than 15m. I got 200k lol
Reply Quote
Finally beat Act 3... Act 4 is going to be a pain, I just know it.
Reply Quote
No Offense BUT i saw better WD in this thread alone. So you clearly didnt checked out all the WD
Reply Quote
hi Peter, update to you the shield has bleed damage too, you can filter that on AH ^^
Reply Quote
Just beat Belial today with pets build !!

Died like 3-4 times, getting one-shot by Belial's deadly poisionous spike-like (up from the ground) attacks but after figuring out his attack pattern, it became very easy fight.

My strategy is to DoT him by haunts plus spamming firepit while my ZDs and GGT are stacking bleed damage on him. Just keep him facing away from your ZDs while he is doing normal attacks. Spirit Walk when are in danger.

At the end, my GGT stays safe and 1 of my ZDs is down.
Reply Quote

Now another video, same gear same build but vs Diablo himself:
Video: http://youtu.be/PeYImPHA9dY

I'm surprised your pets can actually sit in the fire blast, at my stats I have to save them. That can be easily done by spirit walking or running away to reset the fight location. Your zombie dogs would have been up so much more. Their added DPS (11% each) over time should be worth the effort. I like how you have 5 cooldowns so that you can rotate spirit walk / horrify rather than just blow them all to keep VQ up.

My fight with Diablo went faster though and I am using firepit. Aside from my higher DPS, I think its also due to the fact that only 1 bear can hit him at a time. Did you try positioning him at the edges where you can stream the bears in a single row? That would have improved your DPS so much more.

Plenty of upside more to your build, once you get your hands on a suitable 900-1100 DPS weapon.

I tried positioning him but he keeps teleporting, which makes it difficult to do. And yes, I love using 5 long cooldown spells so I can cycle spirt walk/horrify. In a way, it makes pet builds assist VQ bears a lot. Pets' long cooldowns give mana through VQ and pets allow the WD to stand in range for bears more easily due to their distraction. This might be a bit of a side step from the main themes in this thread but ya. Thanks for the comments though =)

And a suitable 900-1100 DPS weapon is too expensive.... this rather simple WD stick cost me 4M already.
Reply Quote
Just beat Belial today with pets build !!

Died like 3-4 times, getting one-shot by Belial's deadly poisionous spike-like (up from the ground) attacks but after figuring out his attack pattern, it became very easy fight.

My strategy is to DoT him by haunts plus spamming firepit while my ZDs and GGT are stacking bleed damage on him. Just keep him facing away from your ZDs while he is doing normal attacks. Spirit Walk when are in danger.

At the end, my GGT stays safe and 1 of my ZDs is down.

You managed to down him with 12K DPS? Impressive. I could not down him even with 19K DPS. Simply could not survive his pools due to latency and rubber banding.

What I am wearing now (shown in my profile) are not my fighting gears. I have like 10.8k DPS but big thanks to bleed damage done by ZDs+GGT and firepits. His life drops very quickly.
Reply Quote
Aside from Sam, anyone else gearing an offensive-minded pet doctor?

Want to enquire about the possibility of stacking DPS stats on top of all the nonsense I already have, of course I'm assuming I have to give up a bit of defensive stats but I am gearing with 1.04 in mind.

Looking at mine current gear, what's the best place to start. Should I commit to a crit chance / crit damage build which would basically require me to regear several pieces over a long time, or should I just take the easy route and go for 12% IAS + Mojo.

Personally, I am a big fan of bleed damage. Pets are going to get a huge buff (hopefully) when 1.04 goes live. So, I plan to find more gears with IAS stat to stack bleed damage even faster.

Cri chance and Cri damage may not intestest me much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]