Diablo® III

HardCore Australia: Update

(Sticky)

Slowly progressing through inferno very cautiously. Ready for belial, but trying to make some $$ for LoH/regen and more AR before worrying about act 3.

MP0 for me :p

Edit: Think its time for me to switch to rend build too.
Edited by TimP#6765 on 11/14/2012 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am unlclear about this forum...is this on the Amer or EU server?
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 02:43 PMPosted by JoeCooL
I am unlclear about this forum...is this on the Amer or EU server?

America, but I'm sure some are EU
Reply Quote
Finished Hardcore today, Diablo inferno toasted.

Update: Also Barb is toasted -_-.
Edited by Alvis#6948 on 11/16/2012 4:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
^
RIP http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Alvis-6948/
Reply Quote
Started a HC barb, getting along pretty well.

Any tips to avoid sticky situations appreciated :)
Reply Quote
Hey Kilrtom, there are probably plenty of people who are better qualified than me for Barb advice, but I found having CC breaking/dodging skills up your sleeve at all times to be the best way to avoid dying (other than some kind of lag/disconnect)

Furious charge can dodge frozen and break jailer and quickly run you over that health globe (there is a bug on this skill though - its only happened to me once in like 150 hours though). I love this skill and use the rune for 2 seconds off cooldown for each enemy hit.

People love leap attack for dodging frozen and if timed right can avoid jailer and can escape from packs.

Wrath of the Beserker of course breaks all CC's and makes you CC immune for 15 seconds.

Use 2 of those and you should always be able to escape any hairy situation.

Ignore pain is a fantastic 'oh sh#t' button to have for in case everything is on cooldown.

Revenge is quite useful for its ability to self heal and triggers fairly regularly. Alternatively people use rend with a life leech rune in it. One of these two skills can keep the life ticking in the right direction when you're in trouble.

Go slow, play smart, be over geared and over levelled for your content. +armour is a cheap underrated mod on items to look for. Good luck.
Reply Quote

I leave you alone for a night and what do you do, you go and defeat D and then get yerself kilt.

So, spill the beans, was it an honourable death? Did you try MP1 ;)
Reply Quote

I leave you alone for a night and what do you do, you go and defeat D and then get yerself kilt.

So, spill the beans, was it an honourable death? Did you try MP1 ;)

I know man, I was kicking as and then the barb ship sunk so fast.
Made a game after restarting computer, didnt wait for the usual asset loading lag to go through on the first game (super newb move on my behalf), died on close elite pack mp1. -__- Danggg.
Edited by Alvis#6948 on 11/16/2012 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Started a HC barb, getting along pretty well.

Any tips to avoid sticky situations appreciated :)

- Always wait for first lag to go through
- Save Wrath of the Beserker for frozen or jailer packs
- when progressing always wait for the Wrath of the Beserker cool down to be fully down.
- follow the funnest build not the strongest
Reply Quote
Playing it veeeeeeeeery safe with my Monk. This guy's outlasted all my other HC characters simply due to not being played. Spent 80% of my gold on him so far, and he's only level 40! Feel free to add me, I'm always happy to join a group.
Reply Quote
Great tips! Im currently 54 and slowly progressing through hell on my barb. Im currently using Ground stomp with Rend and find it to be a great combo for getting some seriously fast kills.

Wrath of the bezerker is my "oh S&&t" skill, and has worked well so far. I might need to add a second skill once I make it to inferno.

I managed to a find a decent life on hit wep on the AH, so thats helping my progress so far. Though, i might need to upgrade my wep again come Act 3
Reply Quote
Ummm.
What a sh1tty way to end the weekend.
So, Alvis, Andelas and I have been levelling the 3 Wiz together.
Andelas wasn't playing last night so Alvis and I tore through nightmare until Azmodan at L48.
I was the ranged, Alvis was the crit/blades/melee.
We had toned it down to MP1, having run MP3 up to Belial.
After kiting the 1st round of black pools, I was blasting away and had Azmo down to about 1/4 health and next minute see Alvis is dead.
1-shot by fireball at long range. 18000 HP gone in 1 hit.

Sorry man, I avenged your death.
Reply Quote
finally got a nice dex hellfire ring =)
http://i49.tinypic.com/286wndv.jpg
Reply Quote
Anyone that wants to join me to farm act 3 mp0 is more than welcome :).
Reply Quote
Well my barb died early today in Act 2 Inferno.

Got into a fight with 2 elites and instead of retreating, I made the wrong decision and fought on. Got surrounded by elites and didnt have leap up, panicked a bit and forgot to use my bezerker mode lol

Ah well. Was fun while it lasted :)
Reply Quote
unlucky kiltrom, i believe i have you on my f list. feel free to join me sometime in a hc game
Reply Quote
Yeah I might give HC a miss for a bit and get my monk main to 100. Thx though :)
Reply Quote
I wish my connection was good enough for HC. :(. IN SC I die on average once per day due to lag spikes...
Reply Quote
Oops, RIP NilremIII.

Oh, well, re-rolled as "Ancano".

And back to having all 5 classes at L60 and into Inferno.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]