Diablo® III

HardCore Australia: Update

(Sticky)

A happy new Hardcore year to all! Great to see how well our little post is still going and the awesome community of players that has been built up.

Keep it up HC Aussies/Kiwis! May your pings be low and your DC's none fatal.
Reply Quote
I got a decent gear monk in a3 inferno atm...
Also a lvl40 WD that I mess around with.
Reply Quote
Need advice on whether my WD is ready to tackle Butcher before enrage timer hits.
Defensively I'm pretty sure I'm covered, just worried my DPS may be too low.
Reply Quote
No enrage timer anymore.
Reply Quote
Really?! Awesome, I should cruise through to Act 2 then. Thanks heaps.

edit: inferno bosses STILL have enrage timers. Butcher's is 3 minutes before the whole floor is "fired up".

Still need advice on whether I'm good to take down Butcher in less than 3 minutes.
Edited by Khai#6885 on 1/2/2013 3:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Khai

If I was you I would at the very least try to upgrade that mojo mate. See if you can find a cheaper one with a higher average damage, crit chance and a higher Int value. I would suggest you get your damage up to AT LEAST 20k to be a bit more safe and doing it on MP0.

You currently don't have allot of damage modifiers ie. Crit chance, crit damage or attack speed. If you can find one or 2 cheap items with some of those stats you would be much safer.

Let me know how you go, I might be able to help with gear if you can't find anything.
Reply Quote
@ReaVer

Appreciate the advice to get my DPS to over 20K, I think I'll remove some life for more intelligence to get my DPS up. BTW, I thought IAS only increased "paper DPS" for acid rain builds and that we should concentrate just on CC and CD. Will save up for a Thing of the Deep which willl make a big difference. Just new to HC so haven't got much coin yet and gear is so much dearer than on softcore. No issues beating enrage timers on my softcore WD but different story with HC :)

edit: just beat Butcher with 19K DPS, had to lower my life to 40K to achieve this though, but happy to take down butcher in 1.5 minutes.
Edited by Khai#6885 on 1/3/2013 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Khai

Congrats mate!

Yeah true, for me I made CC and CD an early priority, and I purely chose acid rain as it proc's life on hit really well. But as you get to the higher levels the good crit gear becomes very scares and expensive. In my case increasing my attack speed it still kept my dps going up while I tried to look for better crit gear. So I wont replace my crit gear, I would just see where I can modify other gear if I couldn't get anything.

Also, if you do go for life on hit, the ias will obviously heal you faster as your doing more/faster dps. So I guess it really depends on your play style too.

So looking at your current gear, the best in my opinion to get for an all round boost would be a knife/sword/dagger with a socket, crit dmg and life on hit. It's hard to get but great when you do!
Reply Quote
Hey ALl,

Feel free to add me Varl#6837 I play most days after 6pm West Aus time. I have a lvl 30+ player of all types. I like to complete a whole difficulty with each player before moving on to the next but are willing to fit in with the needs of others.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Been a long time since i posted in,
we running uber runs, anyone up for key farming on mp2-mp3 thats a team player we have a spot open. :}
Reply Quote
just hit 60. still on hell though, act 4. cant wait til i hit inferno. lost a couple low lvl WD's on the way due to inexperience
Reply Quote
Hey guys,
so glad to c a nice HC group in Australia
Jus started playing like a month, SC is getting real quick, decided to do some HC. HC is really fun!
currently only lvl34 barb, looking for friends to play with:)
also is there a way to exchange SC gold to HC gold? got like 100mil just sitting there, without gear HC can be impossible to beat.

May everyone's pings b low!
Reply Quote
Hey guys,
so glad to c a nice HC group in Australia
Jus started playing like a month, SC is getting real quick, decided to do some HC. HC is really fun!
currently only lvl34 barb, looking for friends to play with:)
also is there a way to exchange SC gold to HC gold? got like 100mil just sitting there, without gear HC can be impossible to beat.

May everyone's pings b low!

if you go the the 'hardcore' discussion, there are often threads by ppl trading HC for SC. usually 4mil SC for 1mil HC. look for ones by ppl with vouches from others

and im now in inferno, recently killed the skeleton king and progressing nicely
Edited by WAZZ#6978 on 1/5/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Call towards the HC community!

Starting a fresh char on HC with only mp10 and selffound items (inner trade between us is aloud).

Is any one interested???

Santaclauze#2291
Reply Quote
Finished act 3 last night with a couple close calls (thank god for spirit vessel :p). Azmo's fireballs were pretty nasty too. 1 took me to 50% health. Foundy first inferno legendary too, a crappy 2h sword dropped from the spider lady.
Looking for some farming partners as i dnt have any friends who play HC. Feel free to add me. Note that im not well geared or anything though :p
Reply Quote
so hard to make money on HC
keep farming guys!
Reply Quote
Another dishonerable death. Death by Blizzard.......
Reply Quote
Bad luck! Disconnects are the worst way to die....it's more frustrating than dying to a silly mistake.

Having just made level 60 on all my 10 chars (8 HC & 2 SC), i'm tempted to leave them semi-retired and work on a new batch of heroes :)
Reply Quote
I joined the Hardcore side of things.

Now that my softcore monk can carry ubers mp10 in softcore the game is on easy mode. (not wearing all the gear in profile btw).

Hardcore is a lot of fun, gets your adrenalin going!
Reply Quote
lost my WD (PLVL 6) to a DC this morning. rolled a wizard now to begin the journey again.
if anyone has a new or low level toon feel free to add me

wazz#6978
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]