Diablo® III

HardCore Australia: Update

(Sticky)

Helooooo.

Been playing HC since second week of release and looking for some fellow aussie HC players to befriend. Wont be leveling any new chars for some time but it'll be good to know the active HC aussies.

Feel free to add.

Nif#6884

@imagester, afaik there was an aussie barb who cleared it a couple of weeks ago, other than him I haven't heard anything.
Reply Quote
Just reached inferno! Thanks for the help all!
Reply Quote
Hey dudes, just playing on my hardcore newbie DH, since I lost my old one. my battletag is CarlSagan #1855 if you want to come join me, half way through act 1 again ><.
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 04:28 AMPosted by sjwt
Just reached inferno! Thanks for the help all!

Woohoo!
I can't think of anyone who has been more persistent with a build attempt than this.
Well done on the 60 and then the Inferno progression.
Reply Quote
Their server just lost connection to me (everything else remained connected, so no clue why). Lost her, oh well, not far, but starting once again, can't get any luck with a hardcore toon, third I've lost to random server disconnections.
Reply Quote
09/07/2012 08:09 PMPosted by smurfynz
All chars at L52 and start of Hell.

Congrats on that, I am still with wiz & wd in nm. Hope to get them to act1 hell soon - will spend some time there until I get more gems/tomes.

09/07/2012 08:09 PMPosted by smurfynz
Only one who really struggled with NM Diablo was wiz against shadow clones.

Just wait for D hell & inferno - DH, Wiz & WD clones can be very dangerous.
(The other day did D inferno on softcore with a barb friend & my WD clone took the barb out every time until I switched from firebomb to poison dart [managed to revive him a few times but in the end ran out of survival options myself].)
Btw, I assume you know that one can just outrun the clones - they vanish after some time (if you don't kill shadow diablo, clones will be recreated after a break but you can outrun them again until you get shadow diablo).
Reply Quote
Anyone awesome who wants to come plow me up to act 4 normal, or have a started HC character they want to co-op with for a while?
Reply Quote
I think its safe too say we have all had a few deaths.

If you've just died and wana team up a new lvl 1's post in:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6522913919
Edited by Alvis#6948 on 9/11/2012 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Still not a single death in HC to date touch wood, just dinged 60 with my barb, the first of my hc chars, now to pray to the loot gods for items over level 30 that are upgrades lol.
Reply Quote
Act 1 inferno complete, let the farm begin, act 2 can stay where it is.
Reply Quote
Just lost my Wizard @ 56 to a DC, seriously forcing online only was the biggest slap in the face for us Hardcore players.
Reply Quote
Hi guys, fairly active HC player here while my band is having some downtime (All chars to 60, paragon 20 DH). Looking for some progression buddies for Inferno A2 onwards, as well as decent characters to speed farm A1 with - there's too many slow town-sitters in all the pub games! Usually on in the early evenings, with the exception of work every second week where its about 9pm-12. juzcook#6145
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Creations
seriously forcing online only was the biggest slap in the face for us Hardcore players

Disagree, the real problem is how disconnects are handled - in d2 a disconnect rarely caused the death of a character. The way it has been implemented in d3 is probably to prevent some potential duping methods but while it does not hurt softcore characters it is a near certain killer of a hardcore character if in 'sight' of monsters. With a little effort they should have been able to implement a better method, at least for solo games.
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 04:41 AMPosted by juzcook
Hi guys, fairly active HC player here while my band is having some downtime (All chars to 60, paragon 20 DH). Looking for some progression buddies for Inferno A2 onwards, as well as decent characters to speed farm A1 with - there's too many slow town-sitters in all the pub games! Usually on in the early evenings, with the exception of work every second week where its about 9pm-12. juzcook#6145

Do you have some 2h+off hand gear for any of your ranged classes? I'll be happy to some farming for Act1/2 if your get your dps higher. That way we can use our respective classes to our fullest.

My monk mostly farms Act1 in full mf gear but I got a few people and might be able to make a act 2 farming team. Which class are you looking to use?
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Creations
Just lost my Wizard @ 56 to a DC, seriously forcing online only was the biggest slap in the face for us Hardcore players.

R.I.P mate, glory to the fallen!

~Hopefully a good weekend of lag-free demon slaying ahead~!
Reply Quote
Finished Act 1 Inferno today for the first time. Happy Happy Joy Joy
Edited by Alvis#6948 on 9/14/2012 1:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Congrats Alvis.

All my 5 classes now through Act I and into Act II Hell.
Level 55-56.
Got a usable legendary last night (DH's shield with +7% Hungering Arrow damage).
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 12:21 PMPosted by TDA101

Do you have some 2h+off hand gear for any of your ranged classes? I'll be happy to some farming for Act1/2 if your get your dps higher. That way we can use our respective classes to our fullest.

My monk mostly farms Act1 in full mf gear but I got a few people and might be able to make a act 2 farming team. Which class are you looking to use?

I usually use my DH for A1 farming. I've been running with a cinder build that works as the main dps for the party (with SS at full, I hardly fire an arrow and hit for 80k). Though if they still nerf cinders it means I'll have to get new gear to build around the stock standard DH style instead so I'm not doing lousy damage. I havent bothered improving his gear beyond what it is because of the nerf (been putting my gold into other chars until I know what's happening). Just been working on some A2 on my barb with a WD friend which was an absolute walk in the park, but would rather farm A1 or A3 rather than A2 at this stage unless it was a sweet party :)
Reply Quote
All my 5 classes now through Act I and into Act II Hell.Level 55-56.

Slowly, slowly is how I am going - but got all now in hell act 1.
Going to level in the early parts, collect more gems and tomes.
Also saves the constant upgrading of gear so I will be able to spend more on decent gear.
Reply Quote
Well, milestone reached.
I am now further along in HC than SC. My WD is now up to "The Breached Keep" in Act III Hell which is further than I got in my "NoAH SC" career (My SC L60 Wiz still doing the signal fires).

Had been shuffling them too regularly, every couple of quests in each Act.
Changing tactics a little now.
Going to progress them all to L60 (should all get there in Act III, death notwithstanding) before changing and once there I will then decide how to progress them to Inferno.

Belial is still the one boss fight in the game that makes me scared I am going to lose my char.

**Edit: And the WD is my First L60 Hardcore!
Thanks to Reaper78 for the L60 weapon - hit 60 just before Ghom and switched out weapons, facerolled Ghom without taking damage. :)
Edited by smurfynz#6632 on 9/15/2012 3:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]