Diablo® III

HardCore Australia: Update

(Sticky)

Well, milestone reached.
I am now further along in HC than SC. My WD is now up to "The Breached Keep" in Act III Hell which is further than I got in my "NoAH SC" career (My SC L60 Wiz still doing the signal fires).

Had been shuffling them too regularly, every couple of quests in each Act.
Changing tactics a little now.
Going to progress them all to L60 (should all get there in Act III, death notwithstanding) before changing and once there I will then decide how to progress them to Inferno.

Belial is still the one boss fight in the game that makes me scared I am going to lose my char.

**Edit: And the WD is my First L60 Hardcore!
Thanks to Reaper78 for the L60 weapon - hit 60 just before Ghom and switched out weapons, facerolled Ghom without taking damage. :)

very nice :P
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 01:50 AMPosted by smurfynz
Belial is still the one boss fight in the game that makes me scared I am going to lose my char.

Same for me, with 200+ latency even a tiny mistake can be fatal with the poison wells.
That's why I will get all chars to 60 before trying it - want to use level 60 weapons w/o having to pay through the nose for level reduced ones.

09/15/2012 01:50 AMPosted by smurfynz
And the WD is my First L60 Hardcore!

Congrats on that - and may he live a long life.
Reply Quote
**Edit: And the WD is my First L60 Hardcore!
Thanks to Reaper78 for the L60 weapon - hit 60 just before Ghom and switched out weapons, facerolled Ghom without taking damage. :)

Grats m8, and your welcome on the gear, i would of just vendored it as i dont plan on leveling any other hc chars any time soon.

If anyone else has chars 50+ in hc add me in game, I am only farming act 1 inferno atm but can still help out with gear as i find it. Prefer to give it to you guys then try and sell on ah.
Reply Quote
Play a lvl 60 wiz.. have always played solo but it might be good to play in a team! am currently in act 1 inferno.. be willing to play as a group in act 3/4 hell though and take it from there.
Live in wa and usually play early mornings.. only time i get a stable connection
Reply Quote
Thanks guys.
And now the Wiz is through Act II Hell and at 60 after beating Ghom. Keeping exact pace with the WD (19 elites less). 2 down, 3 to go.

Started the DH tonight but too tired. Too many close calls on the way to Khasim Outpost so she can have a bit of a rest. She seems to be equipped OK for Act II (edit - except resistances) but it was just my clumsy play.
Had to skip the Sirocco Cavern, wasn't worth the risk.

Otherwise, I continue to clear every map, fight every foe. Eventually that will stop when I hit affixes that are just too risky.
Edited by smurfynz#6632 on 9/16/2012 3:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hey guys.
hardcore arcane monk here.
also planning on leveling my hardcore DH soonish (lvl17).
i'm from brisbane and am on most nights.
xdfubar#6498
Reply Quote
Hi guys, would love a good group of Aussies to tear up inferno with.

I have a Barb and Wiz that comfortably farm act 1 inferno.

I have the ultimate goal of taking the barb to Diablo. I've cleared inferno on multiple SC characters and have a good understanding of most classes.

Add me if you like Clysmic#1834
Reply Quote
I would be, but I don't think my frayed old nerves would take anything beyond Nightmare diff lol!
Had a great HC coop group in D2...guys from all over Aus, NZ, Europe/UK, Asia, US & Canada. We actually had troubles some weeks when we had more than 8 ppl wanting to play!
Were you thinking of a set weekly time, or just ad hoc...? I'd be starting from absolute scratch though, pretty much 'untwinked' :-/.
Reply Quote
So I heard you like some HC Australian action with your D3...

here's my add for some smexy wizard action!

Sheldor#1779
Reply Quote
Keen to play with some fellow aussies and kiwis

NFLIKT#1247 :)
Reply Quote
Level 59 Monk just died to the lag monster while fighting Hell Belial - was absolutely creaming him - down to 25% in phase 2 before any green pools. Suddenly no damage happening and I'm thinking "oh crap, here comes a death" and sure enough, lag stops and I'm dead.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/smurfynz-6632/HCAntiMonkV/25459276
Blast!

Dilemna - Do I level the barb and DH to 60 or re-roll the Monk...
Will decide tomorrow.

*edit - I should say it was my own dumb fault, I had been suffering regular lag problems all evening and kept telling myself to quit or I'd lose a char... kept ignoring the little voice... paid the price.

*Edit 2 - I predicted this yesterday...
If I lose a Lvl59 (and I probably will), ....
Edited by smurfynz#6632 on 9/19/2012 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok aussie hardcores Xtremelogic,TDA101, and I are looking for 1 others to join in on the NO AH challenge. The rules are simple.

No using AH
No using already found items- mats and gem
Crafting allowed -can only use mats found and gems by the new char
We all pick different chars so we can share drops

So if your interested and play reasonable hours Add me on Tyetye#6939 or leave a msg on here.

Xtremelogic: Witchdoctor
TDA101:Monk
Edited by TyeTye#6939 on 9/20/2012 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright add me to the hc challenge - i'll play a DH..... yes, i know just call me RigorMortis
Reply Quote
Cool added ya when do ya think ull be on
Also what sort of hours do u play?
Edited by TyeTye#6939 on 9/20/2012 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seigebreaker Down. @_@
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-8b6LgnMk
Edited by Alvis#6948 on 9/23/2012 8:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
annnd back to square 1.
Reply Quote

Dilemna - Do I level the barb and DH to 60 or re-roll the Monk...
Will decide tomorrow.

So I've decided I really don't like playing Barb or DH so I levelled my replacement monk to 60.
3/5 down.
Now progressing the 3 60s to Inferno.
Then will revisit the DH and Barb.

09/23/2012 11:11 AMPosted by TDA101
annnd back to square 1.

Damn. RIP Blind. DC/Lag or just a tricky affix combo while decked out in MF gear?
Reply Quote
Shameless bump - My WD 60(1) is now in ActI Inferno. :)
Reply Quote
Im leveling a barb at the moment I also play with the No AH rule with some exceptions.

Im at lvl 41 ATM and I play everyday in the evenings only HC now.

I'd like to play with comms in a group where possible so skype etc.

Btag#6843
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]