Diablo® III

The 7 Sins

Do the 7 Sins have any roles to play in the Diablo series?
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure Azmodan has 7 lieutenants, each embodying a different sin. Like Gluttony for that guy in the cellar of Bastion's Keep and Lust for Cydaea. Other then that, dunno.
Reply Quote
Yeah, they are some of the lesser evils that aren't really...lesser evils. Take Ghom, the Lord of Gluttony, for example.
Reply Quote
It's kind of a gray area...

Cydaea was originally slated to be the Mistress of Pain, if you look at some of the Blizzard artwork development. They shoehorned her into the Mistress of Lust, even though the feel was not quite what I would have expected. Although she would have been a better servant of Andariel.

Seven Deadly Sins:

Lust: Cydaea
Gluttony: Ghom
Greed: *
Sloth: ?
Pride: ?
Envy: ?

*: Greed was hinted at by the Treasure Goblin lore entry... supposedly the portals lead to Greed's domain.

The rest? Who knows. I can't imagine the sloth demon to be much of a challenge. Although Dragon Age did that one very well, now that I think on it.
Reply Quote
Yes but not in the storyline unfortunately.
Reply Quote
You forgot Wrath, Melancholy.
But we all have an idea of where that aspect is going ;)

Diablo:
Your rage makes you powerful, yet you hide it from your brethren. Perhaps you fear them seeing you for what you truly are...
Edited by Chris#1235 on 8/3/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Azmodan, in one of the orders you find I think, was threatening his minions by saying that he'd send them to the circle of wrath if they do not get it together and beat the hero(es). That might show up at some point.

Edit: It's Orders from Azmodan: Part 5
Edited by Sage#1516 on 8/4/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's kind of a gray area...

Cydaea was originally slated to be the Mistress of Pain, if you look at some of the Blizzard artwork development. They shoehorned her into the Mistress of Lust, even though the feel was not quite what I would have expected. Although she would have been a better servant of Andariel.

Seven Deadly Sins:

Greed: *

*: Greed was hinted at by the Treasure Goblin lore entry... supposedly the portals lead to Greed's domain.

The rest? Who knows. I can't imagine the sloth demon to be much of a challenge. Although Dragon Age did that one very well, now that I think on it.

IIRC azmodan embodies Pride, envy and greed. Dunno who has sloth
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Providence
IIRC azmodan embodies Pride, envy and greed. Dunno who has sloth

I believe Azmodan is suppose to embody all sin, but thats not the point. He has 7 sin lieutenants that each embody one of the 7 sins.
Reply Quote
Greed: RMAH
Reply Quote

F'ing LoL
Reply Quote

F'ing LoL

I see what you did there
Reply Quote
Greed: Belial
Reply Quote
Greed: Belial

If this is a joke, I don't get it. Belial is not a lieutenant of Azmodan's.
Reply Quote
Seriously talking, it's difficult to tell what is what.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]