Diablo® III

Some Rare/Champion monsters don't spawn

Greetings!

I wish you are having a nice day, because I'm having one myself ^_^

And back to the bug my friends and I found, is like this:

Some rare/champs are listed in some Achievements, such as

- We are the Champions! (HC champ mobs collect)

-Trophy Hunting (HC rare mobs collect)

-Champions' Collection (SC champ mobs collect)

-A Rare Phenomenon (SC rare mobs collect)

But they don't actually spawn.

Each is listed below:

1, Sand Dweller (Neither of Rare/Champ) Have the look much like sand giants, and often appear on Desolate Sands, but my friends and I never seen a rare/champ ever, no where.

2, Dust Imp (Neither of Rare/Champ) Little imps spawn from structure in Kulle's Archive

3,4 Skeletal Sentry/Skeletal Raider(Neither of Rare/Champ) Both skeleton weilding a shield, appear in Act 2

5, Mallet Lord (Neither of Rare/Champ) I don't know if I should be thankful as I never encounter one of these rare/champ... That should be really though if I met one on inferno xD

6, Armaddon (Neither of Rare/Champ) Mounts of Subjugators

7, Subjugator(?) Champs spawn normally, but Acheivement won't be lit when I kill them. A bug, I'm more then certain.

8, Armored Destroyer (Champs) I met rare Destroyers, but no champs...

9, Horned Charger (HC only, champs) Strange enough, I think I've killed dozens of rares, but no champs

10, Harvester (HC only ,rare) Same as above, maybe I'm ... I've been having bad luck

11, 12 Rockworm / Savage Rockworm (HC only, Neither of Rare/Champ) I'm sure you guys are joking while add those things into HC achievement lists. No? Well. please fix it anyway, and I'd plead remove those from the list , not adding to the game! Seriously!

12.5, Disentombed Hulk (HC only ,rare) I've killed more champs than I bother to count, but no rares...

That's all of them, may be there is less that is bugged, and I'm having really bad luck...

And anyway, I'm having much fun searching those rares, and looking forward to meet more of them =]
Reply Quote
I am having the exact same issues with #1-8. Really don't play hardcore yet so cannot state anything on those.

Has for #7 I have killed champion subjugators at least 12 times and no dice.
Reply Quote
I wonder if this issue will be fixed in the coming 1.04 patch =.=

Or, is this really a bug?
Reply Quote
This issue's not fixed in patch 1.0.4...

Subjugator (Champ) still won't be lit, neither SC nor HC mode

And as for other mobs, I found Harvester(HC) and Disentombed Hulk(HC) spawn-able, but still can't find "Plague Swarm" Champs (HC, A3, random dungeon on the Battlefield)

By the way, spawn rate of "Horned Charger"(A1) ,"Fallen Cur", "Betrayed"(Both A2) are almost as low as those of unique foes... I really hope someone would look into it, seriously

Best wishes
Reply Quote
Horned Charger isn't bugged its just extremely low spawn rate. Took hundreds of respawns to find. Both Champion and Rare Fallen Curs are now bugged since they removed all spawns in the Ancient Path.
Reply Quote
Your report pretty much matches the reports made by others and mine own.

I would really wish Blizz makes a state saying they're aware of this in their Known Bugs list.
Reply Quote
Your report pretty much matches the reports made by others and mine own.

I would really wish Blizz makes a state saying they're aware of this in their Known Bugs list.

After PvP sorry.

Regards
Blizzard Team.
Reply Quote
Some of yours just must be rare spawns. From the OP, ones listed that I have killed are:
1. Champion sand dweller
2. Champion dust imp
3. Champion skeletal sentry
6. Champion armadden
9. HC Champion horned charger
10. HC Rare harvester
12.5 HC Rare disentombed hulk

I've been going on the assumption that the others are just really rare spawns, but there may be a bug too. *shrug*
Reply Quote
Here's what I have. the * denotes bugs. It's been reported by many others already. Nobody I know thus far have gotten any of the * checked off. I've encountered some that won't give credit.

Since patch 1.0.4 I haven't seen plagued swarm. I know some friends have them.

RARE (YELLOW)
*Dust Imp (Storm Halls, Unknown Depts, Archives of ZK)
*Sand Dweller (Desolate Sands)
*Skeletal Sentry (Sewers of Caldeum, and Forgotten Ruins)
*Skeletal Raider (Valut of Assassin, StormHalls,UnknownDepts)
*Mallet Lord (Act 4)
*Armaddon (Act 4)

CHAMPION (BLUE)
Plague Swarm (Fortied Bunkers)
*Skeletal Raider (Valut of Assassin, StormHalls,UnknownDepts)
*Armored Destroyer (Act 4)
*Skeletal Marauder (Battlefield Store)
*Mallet Lord (Act 4)
*Subjugator (Act 4)

Edit notes: Enraged Phantom Rare was found in Decaying Crypt -fields of misery. Didn't take many resets for that. Festering woods, for over a month now I have not seen it there.
Edited by Ronald#1452 on 9/7/2012 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am missing the following: SEVEN champions and SIX rares. This is post 1.0.4!!

I am pretty positive all of these are bugged. Either they do not spawn, or when you kill them they do not check off. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, but I feel like I've done my research. Please note I also have six level 60 characters, having done all acts about 20 times just from normal playthroughs (no skipping). I also hunted for a majority of these with no luck.

RARE SPAWNS (YELLOW):
Dust Imp
Sand Dweller
Skeletal Sentry
Skeletal Raider
Mallet Lord
Armaddon

CHAMPION SPAWNS (BLUE):
Skeletal Raider
Armored Destroyer
Skeletal Marauder
Plague Swarm
Mallet Lord
Subjugator

Pretty much 100% confirmed that Subjugator champion never checks when you kill them.
Pretty much 100% confirmed that mallet lord does not spawn in either rare or champion.

PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY.
Edited by Zed#1489 on 9/3/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can confirm that Rare Enraged Phantom appears in Decaying Crypt level 1 in Fields of Misery.

I've seen them and just killed them now.

Seems like the spawn rate there is way better than in Festering Woods.
Reply Quote
Your list below is now exactly like my list.

I am pretty positive all of these are bugged. Either they do not spawn, or when you kill them they do not check off. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, but I feel like I've done my research. Please note I also have six level 60 characters, having done all acts about 20 times just from normal playthroughs (no skipping). I also hunted for a majority of these with no luck.

RARE SPAWNS (YELLOW):
Dust Imp
Sand Dweller
Skeletal Sentry
Skeletal Raider
Mallet Lord
Armaddon

CHAMPION SPAWNS (BLUE):
Skeletal Raider
Armored Destroyer
Skeletal Marauder
Plague Swarm
Mallet Lord
Subjugator

Pretty much 100% confirmed that Subjugator champion never checks when you kill them.
Pretty much 100% confirmed that mallet lord does not spawn in either rare or champion.

PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY.

***Some of my friends have Blue Plague Swarm checked off but I believe its bugged after the patch for quite a while now. Possibly bugged since 1.0.3
Edited by Ronald#1452 on 9/7/2012 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY.

You wrote Seven Champions. I counted only 6 in your list.
Reply Quote
It would be awesome if a Blue would confirm these will spawn post 1.05 so I dont waste dozens more hours searching. This is getting extremely irritating.

All 10 of my slots are level 60 so its not like I can find them doing normal playthroughs anymore.
Reply Quote
Still no blue response?

Maybe if enough people request it as a sticky. Something will be done.
Edited by Ronald#1452 on 9/24/2012 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bumping for blue response.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 02:32 AMPosted by MagicalRay
1, Sand Dweller (Neither of Rare/Champ) Have the look much like sand giants, and often appear on Desolate Sands, but my friends and I never seen a rare/champ ever, no where.
- Sand dweller is not on the Champion Collection list on SC/HC so i'm guessing there are only rare ones.

also bump, i'm missing just about the sames in my list ..
Reply Quote
Wow still not fixed yet? I would imagine this would have been hotfixed on the server by now.

It's Oct. May was the release date. WTF.

Achievements that you can't complete. I'm really disappointed.
Reply Quote
35 Gnome Rogue
Any luck ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]