Diablo® III

i just found 2 Identical items within 5 min

i was doing act3 niferno with my buddy and i found a legendary skorn (two handed axe). we chat a bit talking how garbage this item is etc etc and we ask ourself why they even designed this crappy item. and than BAM like within 5 min of the first one a second one drops. we both laugh.

30 mins later my buddy asks me which of the 2 is the better one, i tell him as far as i know they are both worth the same - A FIERY BRIMSTONE - lol. but i check them for real and they are IDENTICAL IN EVERY STATS...
its a mathematical impossibility... almost... the item can spawn with too many variations. plz explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by barnak#1451 on 8/4/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You are trying to sell duped items on the AH with out gettingt banned. Brilliant!
Reply Quote
If anything legendary items types have the highest chance to roll the same affixes, as more than half of them are usually preset. Granted, it's an incredibly low chance, but still very much there.

I found two sets and two legenderies during a single run of act 1. That's probably my one-in-a-million story.
Edited by KloHunt3r#1680 on 8/4/2012 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
crap to the 2nd power
Reply Quote
Were you the guy selling the 5 duped bows (edit: on the AH) a while back?

Add: I saw them on a link and thread.
Edited by WSanity#1214 on 8/4/2012 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Were you the guy selling the 5 duped bows (edit: on the AH) a while back?

Add: I saw them on a link and thread.

no
but i did read a post like a week ago where someone mentionned those rare cases have been reported, but no one knows for sure why they occur.

To me, it feels like and i think the items may have been "duped" mistakenly server side when the level was spawned. if drops are calculated and attributed per monster PRIOR to killing monsters.
Both identical items were on the same dungeon

edit: the more i think of it the more it makes sense. it might be too much for the servers to roll items on every single kills as they occur. there would be loot kill lag and such.
Edited by barnak#1451 on 8/4/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm suprised no one has said it.

Blizz likes to double things.
Reply Quote
i was doing act3 niferno with my buddy and i found a legendary skorn (two handed axe). we chat a bit talking how garbage this item is etc etc and we ask ourself why they even designed this crappy item. and than BAM like within 5 min of the first one a second one drops. we both laugh.

30 mins later my buddy asks me which of the 2 is the better one, i tell him as far as i know they are both worth the same - A FIERY BRIMSTONE - lol. but i check them for real and they are IDENTICAL IN EVERY STATS...
its a mathematical impossibility... almost... the item can spawn with too many variations. plz explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the game knows legendaries are so crappy you need at least 2.
Reply Quote
I actually found 2 Giant Skull Legendary items within 15 minutes of one another, although they where not identical.
Reply Quote
for anyone willing to do add up the odds of this occuring if it was truly random: go check the item: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/skorn

same in everything, even bleed chance and bleed dmg. every stat EVERYTHING same item!
Edited by barnak#1451 on 8/4/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a decently popular streamer, hi to my viewers.

Anyway, one day on stream I "duped" gloves. I was crafting about 40 gloves, and after all was done. I looked over the gloves and had a certain pair of tri-fecta gloves twice... and then once more.

Yes, I had the exact same pair of trifecta gloves 3x. Unfortunately, I can't prove it now. One sold in the RMAH, one via trade, and I'm still trying to RMAH one, so I only have one left.

I've heard it happened where there are exactly two, but in my case it was 3. Unfortunately, I didn't save the video when it was recorded.

chango #1 duper
Edited by Chango99#1159 on 8/4/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 01:46 PMPosted by laokoko14
Are you Barnak from atlantica online? Solid gold guild leader?

no am not that guy
Reply Quote
Same here, found frostburn gauntlets and couple of min after that, bam, another pair of frostburns. And it occasionally happens with rares too.
Reply Quote
hey i also just found two identical items within 5 min of each other. They were two helms found on act 3, this shouldn't be possible.
Reply Quote
its possible, not sure if a bug or not, ive seen items with same stats diff names, or two of the same weaps when i killed a eliet mob, games like, f your rares u get 2 of the same magics items instead, aren't you thankful?

:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]