Diablo® III

Eight elite packs in the Watchtower yesterday

Plus a named mob and a resplendent chest. So what's your record? Luckily none of them were on top of each other so I only had to deal with one at a time. Moral of the story: if you farm Act1, check if the Watchtower has spawned before you do anything else. If not, recreate.
Reply Quote
Is it in the Hunting Grounds or the Highlands?
Reply Quote
My record so far has been three watch towers in three games with no elites.

Beat that.
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 10:35 AMPosted by DCElite
Is it in the Hunting Grounds or the Highlands?

Northern Highlands. Take the WP there, check for Watchtower, recreate. Be careful of elites near the WP since you'll have no kiting room (if I see one I just immediately exit and recreate).
Reply Quote
Its good, but really not that amazing.

90% of games you get 1-2 elites and a resplendent chest or goblin.

Worth adding to a MF rotation but you wont be regularly getting 7-8 elites.
Reply Quote
I usually start in Leorics manor and work backwards, building up a few elites while on my way to check for the watchtower, so if it isnt there i do keep going since i already have a few stacks.

Leorics ---> Hunting Grounds ---> Norhtern Highlands ---> Watchtower if there ---> way point to the cemetery ---> clear out the tombs ---> back to leorics for Halls of Agony ---> run all the way to butcher if i'm feeling it.
Reply Quote
Guy i was in game with said 10 elite packs in a nightmare game... I didn't believe em though, but still if that's true... cool shiit
Reply Quote
Its funny how this game goes from dreading running into elites to seeking them out..
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 12:30 PMPosted by DCElite
Its funny how this game goes from dreading running into elites to seeking them out..

Yeah. Gotta be real careful about stacked elites in the Watchtower though, it happens there more often than in other places. One time ran into one pack with waller, arcane, on top of another pack with frozen, vortex. Something was also lobbing mortars. Ran like a little girl.
Edited by TooManyNotes#1499 on 8/3/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah usually you don't get that many packs in WT. We had one game with 8 or 9 elites ourselves. Was great!
Reply Quote
08/03/2012 12:04 PMPosted by DCElite
Leorics ---> Hunting Grounds ---> Norhtern Highlands ---> Watchtower if there ---> way point to the cemetery ---> clear out the tombs ---> back to leorics for Halls of Agony ---> run all the way to butcher if i'm feeling it.

you're leaving out festering woods, which has 4-5 packs every single time and rather small
Reply Quote
Best place to farm elite packs in D3 is Vault of Assassin in Desolate Sand of Act 2.

Medium map, easy to navigate, and guarantee 7+ elite packs every time! (i think the best i had was 10), just no chest but sometime u get goblins ( i got 2x goblins once spawned in the same room).

Happy hunting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]