Diablo® III

Six Fatties

Well, I popped it.

Monk dead. And it was nasty. I was happily smashing up everything in the caverns and decided to go to New Tristrum to get my stacks up to 5.

40k life 14k dps 1.85 att speed all res 800. Enough for act 1 you may think.

Anyhoo was in the Willow near the cemetry and wander into 2 packs.

6 fatties.

Fattie group 1 Arcane vortex plaque frozen
Fattie group 2 Arcane waller Jailer.

Hmm what do I do here. What skills do I need to beat these guys.....well hmmm not a lot really.

I was soloing

If you solo and run into 2 packs like this you are rip.

You can't really survive solo In inferno as a Monk or it its really hard. I was well geared (if not overgeared for act 1)

Oh well, no plans to not have 2 elites marching round at the same time I suppose. Would be good to see in 1.0.4.

Had to vent.

Oh well must reroll.

Over but not out

TY TY

sorry if i've offended anyone by using the term fattie...
Edited by Turniphead#2314 on 8/7/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RIP

I've been trying to improve my regular monk, I feel like armor is a general weak point when monks must take unavoidable damage. Been trying out Deadly Reach/Keen, which of course doesn't help much while frozen...

I like monk better than barb, but I know how to stay alive on barb (15s CC immunity) and I'm not yet sure how to do that on monk with only a 3s immunity.
Edited by Mooch#1326 on 8/7/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You had DS? Could have easily repositioned and walzed out of there with it ...

If you didn't have DS - use it!

I f you did and still died - RIP! :)
Reply Quote
RIP

I've been trying to improve my regular monk, I feel like armor is a general weak point when monks must take unavoidable damage. Been trying out Deadly Reach/Keen, which of course doesn't help much while frozen...

I like monk better than barb, but I know how to stay alive on barb (15s CC immunity) and I'm not yet sure how to do that on monk with only a 3s immunity.

y i reroll a Barb next time - lost 4 lvl 60 monks in inferno and I like to solo
Solo monk = impossible in inferno imo

What do you do with arcane frozen molten waller packs ffs :) I mean one pack like that in a dungeon and you are fried even with really good gear and ds. If you have 2 players then the walls are "split" and it's a lot easier but solo monk Inferno is so tough.

If you hit 2 rough elite packs you are fried as well.

gl
Reply Quote
You could, you know, just walk away instead of trying to fight it.

lol
Reply Quote
Let me guess.

You didn't have NDE.
Reply Quote
I like lashing tail kick for making some space between me and them. Also fists of thunder. I lost my first 60 monk to a horde of fatties chain-exploding in a narrow dungeon when I was walled in. I didn't have lashing tail kick at the time, or any other escape skill. Wasn't using FoT either. Live and learn.
Reply Quote
Congrats on an Honorable death!

You had a grand roll friend. What will you do differently next time (if anything)?
Reply Quote
Time to roll a sprint barb, so you can kill all the packs in the map at once.
Oh,, and I love those fatties, bigger hitbox easier to hit :)
Reply Quote
Hmm thanks for the responses rolling a barb - leap>ds or tr....

any chance of getting rid of 2 elite packs in 1.0.4?
Reply Quote
Hmm thanks for the responses rolling a barb - leap>ds or tr....

any chance of getting rid of 2 elite packs in 1.0.4?

I hope not. I hope they put all the elites in one spot, Im serious.
Reply Quote
Word. They don't need to make this game any easier.
Reply Quote
You can easily solo act1 inferno as a monk, you just need to know to run from double elites. There is absolutely zero point in fighting in such a situation, especially with such a nasty affix combo. Waller+vortex+double arcane? Yeeeeeah right.
Reply Quote
I got vortexed into the waller pack :) hard to get away from obv im not going to try and take on 2 elites
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]