I have been thinking about this for a few days now and figured I better get it out there before I forget. I have been trying to think of ways to take the current item inventory we are given and try and think of a way to make them better other than use the word buff this, buff that, here goes...
1) Remove spells % of weapon damage to that characters main stat. So for a WD the percentage goes up by how much int he has, not his weapon DPS. This would cause people that find low DPS weapons with awesome stats to be "useful" again. The weapon DPS would be taken into account for classes such as barb, monk, demon hunter that use there weapon as damage but the main buff would be from the stats not the weapon DPS.
2) Item synergy - this is a weird thing I have been thinking of. Say you have gotten the best everything in the game...what next? Item synergy would cause the items you have to start to forge together creating more powerful items than can ever be obtained by finding them. Basically monsters you kill would give the items you are wearing synergy exp. As the synergy grows it gets more and more powerful, Each synergy level would make all your items 1% stronger or something like that for x amount of levels. If you change out any piece of gear your synergy level would restart and you would be forced to start over from synergy level 1. This would cause players who mf swap to never have a high synergy level, but they would still have bonus mf for lower synergy levels and the people who don't would be more powerful. PVP would exculed all synergy levels bonuses. This way when a player finds a sweet new piece of loot they are excited about killing monsters again to make there char more powerful than he was before.
3) Forge items using other items - Instead of using just mats you can buy by the dozens make crafting require you to have a particular item to be crafted with it. Lower levels could be something as easy to find as a maul or ax then the legendary would require another legendary item to have in order to craft it. This would cause lower level legendary to be more valuable since they would be required to make certain items and even some plans would require more than 1 other legendary item. Crafting mats would still be needed, but this way certain items get destroyed for making better ones, making all the legendary's valuable.
4) This one is kinda out there - reroll - be able to id an item and if item sucks be able to pay x amount of gold to reroll it. The price would be dependent on iLvl, number of rerolls on item. The number of rerolls would stay on the item so one player couldn't give it to another player and they can reroll it for the same price but you could literally reroll a certain item as many times as you wanted as long as you had the gold for it. Thus causing a gold sink across the board. So the next time you get a crap iLvl63 you can at least get another chance to make it good. I am sure this has been mention before in other posts but I am not sure.
5) Certain iLvl do different things - lets face it when you get an item and you see iLvl 60 you most of the time just drop and move on. But what if each iLvl had a unique property that could only be on certain iLvls? So for example you get a iLvl 60 item, iLvl60 have a better chance at getting +30mf, iLvl 61 would have a higher chance at getting +200 stats points, iLvl62 would have higher life leach abilities, iLvl63 would have other class abilities. You could do this with all the iLvls from 50+ to make each iLvl mean something different. So if you get an item with iLvl 58 you would go oh maybe it will have that +80 res all buff on it. This way depending on what rout your are going you can get items with a variety of iLvls and not so focused on iLvl63
6) Broken item pieces - This one isn't really about the current items just a new way to find them. The cow king staff inspired this one. Say there were certain items that were forged long ago but broken down and lost over time, you could find certain pieces of an item and when you find all idk 5 pieces of that item you could forge it into a certain badass item. This would cause players to look at loot for pieces and since they would have to run across all 5 or so before they get an item they would be forced to keep several item pieces in there stash limiting the number of things they have. This item pieces would be soul bound and not able to put in AH due to how good the items would be.
7) All items drop-able in hell difficultly - I know this has been discussed before but I wanted to put my own spin on this. Basically all items would be able to be drop in hell but depending on your level would make item drop percent have a different effect. So say you are level 50 and just entered hell you would have a HIGHER percent chance of a legendary dropping than a level 60 would in act 1. This way it would help lower level players and would not allow players to farm easy content for the same reward the formula would go something like this,
legendaryDropRate -= (playerLevel * 0.125f);
or something like that, than that way certain legendary's would be impossible to get at certain levels because there level times the multiplier would be greater than the normal drop percentage making the drop rate 0%.
8) Last one - Items that buffs sets of skills not just 1 skill. Why don't we have an item that has decrease witch doctors voodoo mana cost by 8%, or decrease witch doctors cooldowns for all his deecay abilities.
This are just some of the ideas I came up with. Please if you have anymore paste here and I will try and update this list.
TL;DR - Read it!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.