Diablo® III

Receiving Error Code : BLZPTS00007 Help plz

I have been playing Diablo3 for a little while now, no problem.. D3 recently went down due to maintenance and since then I have not been able to play! :(
When i would click on my launcher it would go up for a brief second, say it was Downloading Updates and then shut down right away.. :/
I decided to Re-Instal 'thinking this should solve the problem' but now I cant even install my game!.. T_T instead i get a error code of ' BLZPTS00007 ' ugh -_- ..

So I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else? or if anyone has already gone through this issue and would know of a solution! I mean i was already playing before so what could be happening for it to just suddenly start giving me error codes and not launching?

Idk if this helps or not either but I'm from Canada - Montreal area, maybe its something to do with servers?

Thank you in advance! :)
Reply Quote
Bump for help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ChaosDemon

1. What security programs do you have installed?

2. Try this out:

1. Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files.

Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

2. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and delete the Agent folder
3. Navigate to the Diablo III folder and delete the Updates folder.
4. Start up the launcher and let it download until it's up to date.

Let me know what happens.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
I have Nortons installed but I've turned it off to try to install D3 but it ended with the same results :(

I also tried what you had recommended but that didn't work either :(

I then took a look into the '' Agent .524 '' logs and noticed...

04:22:03.5955 Initialize HttpProtocol Server Called.
04:22:03.5988 Agent started on port #1119
04:22:03.5990 Registered Periodic Event: "auth validation event" with a resolution of 10000 and a start delay of 10000
04:22:03.5992 Registered Event: "shutdown event"
04:22:03.5993 Registered Event: "database flush event"
04:22:03.7671 Incremental patch:
04:22:03.7673 -source url: http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/tools-pod/NA/a1199/a-524-1199-win.mpq.torrent.75D66BF55324509BEF9D90385836A4DF
04:22:03.7675 -dest: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Blizzard
\AgentUpdate_9D18B5F6\a-524-1199-win.mpq

So i went into'' C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\Blizzard '' and Deleted the Blizzard folder..

Tried to run D3 and got a different Error Code of '' BLZPTS00009 '' >:/
( I have 50gb of space left on my hard drive and can easily make more.)

Tried Running Disk Scan / Error Checking hoping it might fix the problem but it didn't work either.. though it did make the Error code go back to the original '' BLZPTS00007 ''

simply frustrating.. T_T .. lol

The thing is though, I was just playing the other day! got to lvl25 and then the next day, the launcher didn't want to start the game.. said ''Updating'' , flashed, then closed and up came the error code :(
Reply Quote
Bump for Help
Reply Quote
open win task menager, start game, end process explorer.exe in win task menager and play game
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ChaosDemon

Even if Norton is disabled, it can still be interfering with the game. Would you be willing to try temporarily uninstalling Norton? If so, you'll want to be sure to use the Norton Removal Tool so that all traces of Norton are completely removed.

Here's the link for the Norton Removal Tool:
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid=&docurl=20080828154508EN

When you click on the link scroll down to Step 2, click on the orange download button and save the download to the desktop. Once saved go ahead and run the program, and follow the on screen steps.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

Reply Quote
Just finished trying the suggestion but it didn't work :( ..

Are there more things that I could try?

P.S. Thank you for helping me ^^ , appreciated!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
ChaosDemon

Now that Norton is removed, try the original steps that I mentioned in post 3.

Reply Quote
It didn't work. I still got the same error code BLZPTS00007. :(
Reply Quote
I have the same issue on my desktop... So maybe this will help the main person figure out the problem. On my laptop i have only agent .1040 and .1199. Game runs great with it. But on my desktop It has .524.... now it gets to like 30% updating then crashes and that air comes up on my desktop but maybe the .524 shouldnt even be there.. I tried deleting it but just comes back and what not. Everything else matches though with my laptop and desktop. I dont know much about computers but maybe that will help you help us fix the issue...
Reply Quote
Yeah, I only get the .524 agent.
I wonder if this is the problem? I thought it might have just been my P.C. having issues but if its happening to other people as well then.. :/
and like I said , I was originally playing and then the next day (after blizz maintenance ) all these issues! :(
Reply Quote
Deleting Updates in Diablo III directory helps to renimate this incapable updater. Bad is - at next start you have to do the same because those donloaded updates are ... you know .

BTW. Deleting posts statin truth instead of answering them - is a way into the hell. ;)
Reply Quote
Still nope :/ I get '' Failed To run Agent ' Error BLZPTS00007 '' uuughh, this is crazy lol..
Reply Quote
This was posted on another thread. Maybe you could try and see if it works for you in correcting the issue.

"FIRST: Delete the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net <---- Delete it

If anybody is still experiencing the error "bLZPTS00007" I know how to fix it and its confirmed. You have to go into your files and change agent to agent2.
Heres how:
1) go to start
2) type in regedit into search
3) click on it and it will open a set of files
4) click on Hkey_local_machine
5) click software
6) click microsoft
7) click windows NT
8) click on image file execution options
9) then just scroll down to "agent" and right click it and select properties and change the name to "agent2"
10) close out of everything and run diablo 3. I would have never guessed this was the solution but it is.

^^This works, no doubt about it. give it patience for like 15 minutes, it will go to the launcher"
Reply Quote
so u deleted folder battle.net.... tried starting setup and end process explorer.exe in win task menager .. and still no luck ?
Reply Quote
I have sadly report that even though it looked like it was working for a second it then immediately stopped at the "Checking For Updates" and gave me the same error code again T_T.. *sigh* thank you though! :)

Whats next to try? lol
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Locust
so u deleted folder battle.net.... tried starting setup and end process explorer.exe in win task menager .. and still no luck ?

Yes, I've also tried this but yet again same old error code.. >< :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]