Diablo® III

WOW! The Profile Pages Are Really Neat!

How long does it take to update?
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 04:12 PMPosted by mymy69
they're not that great, although it's something that should have been added upon release.

You either came from WoW, where there's a TON of information available on profiles, or you're just upset about the game in general and you don't want to admit that Blizzard's on the right track with profiles. Either way, you're wrong, the profiles are well done and are a pretty nice start.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
But is there any way to make them private? I don't like people seeing my gear, lol. :p

*hides*

We’re glad you’re enjoying the new character profiles! Like the World of Warcraft armory, all character profiles are intended to be visible within the Diablo III character profiles. It’s a great way to share your progress into the depths of Sanctuary with your friends. :) Remember, if there’s something else you’d like to see appear in a character profile, please make sure to let us know.

As a point of clarification: the character profile pages are spearheaded by our Web and Mobile team, as opposed to utilizing the resources of the Diablo III development team.
Reply Quote
looks cool..

that's it.
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 04:27 PMPosted by AJx
or just fix the god damn game

Haters gonna hate. This is a great addition yet you're whining. Get a grip please.
Reply Quote
or just fix the god damn game

Haters gonna hate. This is a great addition yet you're whining. Get a grip please.

This.

Obviously Blizzard's going to make more money if players are happy, so it's not like they're avoiding updates just to be jerks. Give it time man, not all games are the final product on release, but with a few patches they can be better than you ever expected.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where the !@#$%ing is coming from, but just relax, the updates are coming. If you're not happy, take a break from the game and come back later.
Edited by demaxxus#1684 on 8/6/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really like it! Not that my profile is very flattering in any way, shape or form, but it's just great to poke around and look at things about your characters in a laid-back, offline manner.

As a number of people have already said, it's also nifty as a reference for if you're asking the community for advice.

Thumbs up. Again, I really like it!

Cheers,
Lain
Reply Quote

You have literally no clue how "hacking", or more like phishing, works do you?

And you have literally no clue how common sense works, do you? Now that everyone can see everyone else's gear simply by being logged into Bnet, there's some validity to what he said. If scammers know who to target, and can work out roughly how much a player's gear is worth, they'll know how much time they can invest in trying to gain access to their account, regardless of the method they use.

So you think people are just going to randomly brute-force passwords to hack someone's account over gear? You know Blizzard can see everything and will restore hacked accounts if you're honest. Be more defensive, don't click unknown links and don't buy illegal gold or even go to their websites. Virus check your comp often, don't log in from public/friend's computer. Use your authenticator, follow security precautions as advised by Bliizzard and you won't lose everything. That's common sense.

ps. your btag's been on forum avatars since forever. Protect your password.
pps. your email is your login name - make a separate email just for battle.net and never use it anywhere else.
Edited by vixie#1798 on 8/7/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Straton,
I've never seen you post before. Say's your the Web Guy. If that's true I wanted to say that while I have lots of issues with the game in general, you web guys are doing a Bang up Job! Keep up the good work!

Many thanks. I work with an amazing team and we are extremely happy with the release of the profile feature.

I agree!

P.S. I wonder if Nebu is still around...
Reply Quote
Well done on profiles feature, Blizzard. Hopefully it dramatically reduces the amount of pure whining on the forums.

For the haters, RMAH ruining the game, inferno is a gear check (so different from D2, yea right..) crowd : The profile feature is just a cunning money grab forcing you to buy a different Blizzard game so you can maintain your anonymity for whining purposes.

Tin foil hats ON!
Reply Quote

And you have literally no clue how common sense works, do you? Now that everyone can see everyone else's gear simply by being logged into Bnet, there's some validity to what he said. If scammers know who to target, and can work out roughly how much a player's gear is worth, they'll know how much time they can invest in trying to gain access to their account, regardless of the method they use.

So you think people are just going to randomly brute-force passwords to hack someone's account over gear? You know Blizzard can see everything and will restore hacked accounts if you're honest. Be more defensive, don't click unknown links and don't buy illegal gold or even go to their websites. Virus check your comp often, don't log in from public/friend's computer. Use your authenticator, follow security precautions as advised by Bliizzard and you won't lose everything. That's common sense.

ps. your btag's been on forum avatars since forever. Protect your password.

More visibility = more risk. Period.
Reply Quote
Well, I guess it is time for me to log off the forums for good. I do not like my profile being public at all, bugs me as well in game that people can peep at my gear and stats as it is. This is the end of the line for me on the forums.

I enjoyed them when I was not playing, and will continue to browse them logged out, but this will be my last post as that requires logging in.

Thanks for "nerfing" the forums for me, not. What a bad idea to not have a private feature, it is no ones business but my own how much I play and what I have. I am just disgusted by this.
Reply Quote
One small point. The characters should be shown on site wearing their bad@$$ gear much like the main menu screen. Then have a tab to show the gear in inventory menu form with its actual stats and such.
Reply Quote
Nice profile pages.... thumbs up.
Keep up the good work, btw, please release 1.0.4 asap.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Well, I guess it is time for me to log off the forums for good. I do not like my profile being public at all, bugs me as well in game that people can peep at my gear and stats as it is. This is the end of the line for me on the forums.

I enjoyed them when I was not playing, and will continue to browse them logged out, but this will be my last post as that requires logging in.

Thanks for "nerfing" the forums for me, not. What a bad idea to not have a private feature, it is no ones business but my own how much I play and what I have. I am just disgusted by this.

Although I agree with you on some levels, it's not like it actually lists how many hours you've played, just the percentage that you've played each class. Though if it listed the actual hours, yeah, I wouldn't be happy either.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
08/06/2012 04:42 PMPosted by miraclechip
Tin foil hats ON!
My hat is made of dreadweave not tin, ta very much.
Reply Quote
Just waiting until threads are full of people posting on non-Diablo forum accounts...it'll be like the equivalent of posting on a level 1 alt, on the WoW boards back in the day.
Reply Quote
Agreed. The character profile pages are sweet! Good job Web team!

Any thoughts on sharing your stash & inventory as well? Just a thought?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]