Diablo® III

WOW! The Profile Pages Are Really Neat!

View profile
Yeah, it's great. Now everyone can look at my profile to see what it looks like to try to play the game without GAH or RMAH.

(spoiler: it looks like a pile of craps)

Why aren't you using the GAH? I can understand why someone on a budget might not want to mess with the RMAH. But why wouldn't you want to use the GAH?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
08/06/2012 12:25 PMPosted by DarkCycu
When i look at my profile, I got stuned. I have only 1 char at lvl 5(monk) but when i log in to the game i have all of my chars, even in-game this monk has lvl3. Wonder why?

Because you play on EU: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DarkCycu-2107/
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's great. Now everyone can look at my profile to see what it looks like to try to play the game without GAH or RMAH.

(spoiler: it looks like a pile of craps)

Why aren't you using the GAH? I can understand why someone on a budget might not want to mess with the RMAH. But why wouldn't you want to use the GAH?

I did some Diablo II single player with a character editor once when I got tired of never getting a Frostburns to drop for me, and it really made the game dull because it short cut a lot of what I was enjoying about it.

I figured the AH would have a similar effect on my gameplay experience so I avoided it from the start. I've been doing fine without it but have hit a bit of a wall in the last section of Act II...snakes just aren't much fun. For the first time, I may have to do some farming grind to keep going.
Reply Quote
...Just a thought. Is there going to be a way to change your toon's name?
Reply Quote
great job on the new profile system. can you make pvp now please.
Reply Quote
Hey @Straton, the level requirement reduction stat seems to be a sum of all level reduced gear when shown in the character summary. For instance, I have an armor piece with a level requirement of 2, and one with a 3. In my character's overview, it says "level requirement reduced by 5".
This doesn't seem intentional.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Look at me!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HNN-1351/hero/1258472
Reply Quote
Love it, bask in my Glory...rofl.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey @Straton, the level requirement reduction stat seems to be a sum of all level reduced gear when shown in the character summary. For instance, I have an armor piece with a level requirement of 2, and one with a 3. In my character's overview, it says "level requirement reduced by 5".
This doesn't seem intentional.

Thanks for reporting that bug. I'll add it to the list.
Reply Quote
View profile

I did some Diablo II single player with a character editor once when I got tired of never getting a Frostburns to drop for me, and it really made the game dull because it short cut a lot of what I was enjoying about it.

I figured the AH would have a similar effect on my gameplay experience so I avoided it from the start. I've been doing fine without it but have hit a bit of a wall in the last section of Act II...snakes just aren't much fun. For the first time, I may have to do some farming grind to keep going.

Heh...I did the ole D2 Character Editor too. It pretty much ruined the game for me. I never got into ladder play and I never trusted the trading websites. For me the AH is a godsend. It allows me to do in D3 what I never was able to do in D2.

The AH isn't comparable to a Character Editor. You can't just give yourself what you want. You have to find the right gear that works for your spec and playstyle. You have to be smart and buy it at a good price. You have to know what good gear is for other classes to sell your gear to make gold.

Those snakes are rough. All my ranged friends hate them.
Reply Quote
you have to post to see it^?
Reply Quote
Great job with the profile pages.

Now, could you please fix the scams, exploits, and terrible game flaws please? I just personally hope critical gameplay concerns aren't being thrown under the bus to make way for more social media fluff.
Reply Quote
Straton,
I've never seen you post before. Say's your the Web Guy. If that's true I wanted to say that while I have lots of issues with the game in general, you web guys are doing a Bang up Job! Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
72 Goblin Warrior
08/06/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Glurp
you have to post to see it^?
Reply Quote
View profile
08/06/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Riostrioff
how long does it take for profiles to update?

I would like to know this also. In WOW it's pretty fast soon after you log out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]