Diablo® III

Important question about Europe RMAH

87 Dwarf Hunter
So, I've been playing a bunch on Europe lately with some friends, and I've noticed that I cannot use the RMAH on that server, given that I bought my copy of D3 in America. I'd like to start using the Europe RMAH, but someone told me that in order to do that, I actually need to buy a European battle.net Diablo 3 key.

Before I spend the money on that, I just want to confirm that this is the case, and my attempts at calling Bnet support have proved futile.

If anyone here knows whether buying a European Battle.net Diablo 3 key will allow me to use the Europe RMAH from America, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Skynnerr,

Your Battle.net account has a US registered address and your playing activity shows you've been playing from the US. You won't be able to access the European Real Money Auction House.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-regional-information#q2
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Right, that's correct, this is a registered battlenet account in the US, but I'm wondering what happens if I buy a European Diablo 3 key. Will I be able to access the RMAH on that new, European account?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Skynnerr,

You'd need to create a new Battle.net account and register it to a European address. The problem will be if you try using the RMAH on EU then from the US, it's going to lock the account as that's not allowed. To use the EU RMAH, you have to be in the EU.

"Real-money auction house access is determined by the country of residence registered to your Battle.net account"

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-regional-information#q9
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Thank you very much for the information, I appreciate the feedback a lot. I guess I'll have to have a Eur friend handle it for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]