Diablo® III

Favourite act of the four and why?

Act 3 .. until you get to the boring circle "Sin Heart" areas.

The openness and big fights of all the Act 3 bastion stuff is pretty epic. Though the act could use a TON more randomness .. of the zones themselves and events and dungeons.

Act IV - my least favorite it is so short .. that most of it seems pointless .. you might as well just go kill Diablo
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Bluthium
Least favorite: Act 3 since it's extremely repetitive.

If I was geared properly on one or more of my characters, I probably wouldn't get bored of act 3 farming :/

Or would I?
Reply Quote
In order for me: 3 - 1 - 4 - 2

3 has the nicest monster density, even if some of the monsters suck (fallen prophets, heralds...)
1 is just fantastic.
4 is fun, hard, but ultimately a little too small
2 is total !@# and there's nothing I enjoy about it period.
Reply Quote
Act 3 seems to be the one they spent any time on.
Reply Quote
In order for me: 3 - 1 - 4 - 2

3 has the nicest monster density, even if some of the monsters suck (fallen prophets, heralds...)
1 is just fantastic.
4 is fun, hard, but ultimately a little too small
2 is total !@# and there's nothing I enjoy about it period.

true, while some act 2 monsters are ridiculous, I enjoy all of act 2 except the sewer areas.
I'll usually always have a drop in frame rate whilst in the process of slaying and have a death or two.

O:

EDIT: and perhaps I dislike that worm-cave area where zultan kulle's head is supposed to be
Edited by pasta#1851 on 8/8/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I love them all, but you will have a hard time convincing a yeti that it gets better than killing demons in the snow. Act III wins my vote for personal favorite.
Reply Quote
I really like act2.

I think the mob types are challenging with the wasps and stealthy snakes, and I really like all the "vault" dungeons. They are creepy and a bit scary, totally random, and chock full of mobs. As a plus I recently leveled a barb, and they are one of the best places to leap around and prove how much more superior you are to your friends....until they teleport to the same spot, and then you carry on knowing secretly that you really are super cooler.

The cave dungeons are cool too, and having to check all the holes before moving past them or face the wrath of death bats popping up while trying to avoid a mortar shower adds some apprehension to the game.
Edited by Lostform#1156 on 8/8/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 12:52 PMPosted by NewThreat187
I love them all, but you will have a hard time convincing a yeti that it gets better than killing demons in the snow. Act III wins my vote for personal favorite.

Nice job trying to defend your poor story and awful acting so on and so fourth.

And for the fanboy who crys "LEAVE THEM ALLOOOOONEEEEEEEE" Idc.

They should know already by 80% of the fans that this game blowed and so did EVERYTHING about the story.. and character developement etc.

People like you are the reason they don't post more.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Grimiku

Act I is obviously the best since that is the one Blizzard spent the most time planning and designing into.

It relates to the previous Diablo games in terms of lore and atmosphere and also contains side-stories like the Thieves Guild which we never hear about again.

The other Acts on the other hand, go off in a spin in a weird direction that has nothing to do with the Diablo franchise.
Reply Quote
I enjoyed acts 1 and 3 the most. Although I really wish there was a way to gag Azmodan. I cannot express in words the amounts of displeasure I get from hearing the grand strategist of hell tell me exactly what hes doing every few minutes.

2 is downright annoying. 4 is far too short, and without enough elite packs to make it interesting or worth farming.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 12:52 PMPosted by NewThreat187

They should know already by 80% of the fans that this game blowed and so did EVERYTHING about the story.. and character developement etc.

Says the guy who hasn't completed normal yet.
Reply Quote
Drothvader
View profile
MVP
I personally love Act I. The story, atmosphere, and dungeons are pretty spot on.

Out of all 4, my least favorite is Act III.

Ahh, yes I do tend to dislike all of the under ground barrack areas including the various mini-dungeons. I also do not prefer going from killing the Assault beast to Azmodan, but venturing snowy plains filled with plentiful monsters to slay is always joyous!
Reply Quote
Most:Act 1 Pre-Butterfly.
Least:Act 1 Post Butterfly. Act 2, specifically the Cave of the Betrayer.
Edited by Makani#1836 on 8/8/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Tope

Says the guy who hasn't completed normal yet.
Reply Quote
Act 1. Music and overall feel feels right. Hate butterfly lady though. She should have been made more druid like with crows, vultures, or something if you ask me. I love the cathedral area, fields of misery and the highlands/hunting grounds.
Act 3. I like how the monsters just keep coming. I kind of feel like D2 here how I am just killing monsters constantly. Love it. It was very linear other than on the way to fart demon though.
Act 2. It feels a little too long to me. I don't really dislike too many areas, there is just isn't an area I really like. Butterfly lady still corrupts its early story. She seemed to be like the most naive villian ever in the Diablo Universe. How someone gonna trust the lord of lies? I loved Lut Golin (sp?) I feel this area fails on its theme.
Act 4. Short, the bosses seem to talk way more in Act 4 to me too, maybe because they are so close together. Also Izual never speaks until you fight him unlike so many of the other bosses, which seems like he would be one that would actually have something interesting to say. Diablo talks way too much. The first two bosses in Act 4 would have been better served dealing quick one liners than going on like a Bond Villian. Something like "You Die NOW" or "I'll bathe in your blood." is all thats necessary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]