Diablo® III

Sin Lords (Azmodan's Lieutenants) (Spoilers)

I've heard that Eirena talks about them once you pass one of the large flay demons in A3 but I can't seem to get her to talk about it.

What does she say about them?

Gluttony and Lust are covered but, I can't seem to find anything about the other 5.
Edited by Graverobber#1713 on 8/8/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the other 5 are found in the forums:

envy, pride, wrath, greed, and sloth

j/k, but it is a bit harder to make fearsome enemies out of sloth and envy.
Reply Quote
One of Azmodan's excerpts mentions that he punishes any minions that fail him by sentencing to the Circle of Wrath. We can assume that each Sin Lord governs a realm within the Realm of Sin relating to the sin he or she represents.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
We also know that the Demon Lord Greed, Baroness of the Treasure Realm isn't a Sin Lieutenant so the instead of a Sin Lieutenant of Greed we might get a Sin Lieutenant of Avarice.
Reply Quote
There's a purple Colossal Golgor boss, Bholen "Aspect of Sloth" who spawns in the Arreat Crater areas. He's probably a Sin Lieutenant. And there's also a purple lacuni boss who spawns in the frost caves, Zelusa the Grasping "Aspect of Envy". She is probably another Sin Lieutenant. I've never encountered a Pride, Greed, or Wrath.
Edited by giantsequoia#1780 on 9/25/2014 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2014 07:18 AMPosted by giantsequoia
There's a purple Colossal Golgor boss, Bholen "Aspect of Sloth" who spawns in the Arreat Crater areas. He's probably a Sin Lieutenant. And there's also a purple lacuni boss who spawns in the frost caves, Zelusa the Grasping "Aspect of Envy". She is probably another Sin Lieutenant. I've never encountered a Pride, Greed, or Wrath.

The aspects I believe are stand ins for the actual lords. As in their right hand men. What makes me think this is they're simply "aspect of.." kind of like the Aspects in Act 4. Aspect of Destruction, Anguish, etc. They're not the actual demon lords of those because the demon lords are absorbed by diablo.

Good example Ghom is the "Lord of Gluttony.", Cydaea is the "Maiden of Lust", and Greed is the "Baroness of Greed." The Sin Lords have formal titles.
Reply Quote
Hmmm, you might be right about that. The Aspects in Act 4 seem like heralds or head-goon types for the various Lords of Hell that once owned that aspect. The Aspect of Pain is "Duriel's Darkrider", Aspect of Lies "Belial's Assassin" etc... I wonder if we'll ever fight the actual Sin Lieutenants.
One thing that made me curious was what Azmodan says before you enter the second Cursed Tower area, the one where you kill Cydaea at the end. He says "My concubine will teach you about pain and anguish." Duriel was once the Lord of Pain, and Andariel was the Maiden of Anguish. I wonder if Azmodan took over their realms after they'd been killed, and relegated their power to one of his own lieutenants.
Reply Quote
Of the Seven Sins, we known Gluttony (Ghom), Lust (Cydaea) <- These two are Super Uniques
Two others are Envy (a unique Lacuni) and Sloth (a unique Golgor) <- Blizz got lazy for sure
And Pride is Azmodan. He was so proud of his pathetic army that he kept on telling us what were his next moves (what a commander). Besides, Pride (in Christianity) is the first or 'original' sin, so...
Baroness of Greed may be a Lieutenant, but could have defected out of Azmodan's army in some ways...
We still need to if there is the aspect of Wrath. He/She should be a badass damage-buffed monster (fingers crossed).
Reply Quote
Of the Seven Sins, we known Gluttony (Ghom), Lust (Cydaea) <- These two are Super Uniques
Two others are Envy (a unique Lacuni) and Sloth (a unique Golgor) <- Blizz got lazy for sure
And Pride is Azmodan. He was so proud of his pathetic army that he kept on telling us what were his next moves (what a commander). Besides, Pride (in Christianity) is the first or 'original' sin, so...
Baroness of Greed may be a Lieutenant, but could have defected out of Azmodan's army in some ways...
We still need to if there is the aspect of Wrath. He/She should be a badass damage-buffed monster (fingers crossed).

The aspects aren't the sin lords. They're stand ins. Just like there's the "Aspect of Destruction." etc. The aspect thing doesn't work the same way for the demons. The aspect of destruction is not as powerful nor is he Baal. Who is the lord of destruction. Also our characters specifically mention the "sin lords." The lacuni and Golgari aren't the sin lords. Think of them more as captains for the individual sin lords. Also, Lacuni aren't even demons and aren't spawned from hell. Which further proves my statement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]