Diablo® III

What's so great about Tyreal?

I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but as I was thinking back to Diablo 2, I couldn't help and wonder "Why was Tyreal so awesome?" I mean everyone seems to complain about how he's been weakened in this game because he's mortal now.

At least in this game he does something!

Yes, that's right, I dare challenge that Diablo 3 Tyreal is more productive than Diablo 2. In Diablo 2 he let Baal get away, provided you with advice as you fought your way to (let's just say) the center of Hell where Diablo was at, and then he doesn't even help with stopping Baal, you have to do it. Imagine how much quicker you could have mowed down demons if you had the Angel of Justice fighting alongside you. Then at the end of LoD, he destroys the worldstone.

If you remove the cut scenes between acts, he only has one bit part in the smallest act of the entire game. In Diablo 3, he's fighting alongside you for chunks of Act 3, and Act 4. He's helping investigate the corruption of Caldeum in Act 2. Act 1, he's useless, but hasn't regained any of his knowledge until the end.

I'm guessing had they left Tyreal an Angel, he would have showed up in Act 4 and said "Hey, thanks for coming to help with Diablo invading my home. It's about time someone did something useful."
Reply Quote
Imagine how much quicker you could have mowed down demons if you had the Angel of Justice fighting alongside you.

Impossible. Tyrael, like all angels, is not allowed to directly interfere with the events of Sanctuary. That's why he doesn't do anything besides giving advice in D2. When he destroys the worldstone he is actually way out of line from Heaven's point of view. That's why Imperius is pissed off and why Tyrael finally decides to become mortal.
In D3, he is useless in act 1, doesn't recognize Hakan II to be Belial, fails to see what Adria is up to, fails to stop Adria from combining the souls of the Evils, lets both Adria and Diablo escape... I mean, it always sounds bad when you put it like that.

I guess you have a point that he is more productive in D3 in game terms. But he is still WAY cooler as an archangel :p
Reply Quote
Raguel the real arch in the book of enoch allways asumes mortal form when dealing out gods wraith in latin and jewish lore he had no anglic compants about him but would insprie mortals with his power to punish those who trasngressed against god and gurds the church so if he was modled after this angle he also much have fairness and harmony as well witch he is aslo the angle of there cant be blind justice thats why they dulled him down but yes he is awesome with that bad !@# sword everyone knows it
Reply Quote
I felt D2 Tyrael was cool because he was mysterious (you never knew why he did or didn't intervene) and he was only there when the plot needed him to be. Had Tyrael claimed he wanted to fight against the demon lords but spent all his time just standing around in every town you visited he would have been as lame as D3 Tyrael.

By contrast D3 Tyrael is lame because he's no longer mysterious, he's always present even when he doesn't have any purpose in the story, and his motives don't make any sense (he says he wants to fight against the demon lords but never does).
Reply Quote
Look at the cinematic between a1-a2 of d3 and then ask why he's awesome. Seriously are you blind? He just looks so god damned epic.
Reply Quote
We were spoon-fed, and fan-serviced

Basically Tyrael was in the game so that the devs could say: he guys looks its that cool angel from D2!

Yeah, I know. Let me tell you what a fangasm I had seeing Tyreal again.

And Izual, and the Butcher and the Skeleton King, and Adria, and Diablo.
Reply Quote
08/14/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Notyalc
Look at the cinematic between a1-a2 of d3 and then ask why he's awesome. Seriously are you blind? He just looks so god damned epic.

I did say "if you ignore the cinematics". I mean the cinematics are pretty much completely awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]