Diablo® III

confused about few things

Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong forum. I’m new to Diablo story wanted to know more about the game before I start playing D3 I got most of the information about the D1 and D2 story from wiki.

Few things made me confused in D3 like Leah don’t believe what Cain say and keep thinking it’s just a story yet she talk about Diablo when you talk to her even after she heard about the Skeleton King and saw Maghda and heard what she said she still don’t believe till Tyrael showed her what happen to him…and why Maghda didn’t take Tyrael blade when its right next to her….?

Shouldn’t Azmodan be more worried about what happen on the battlefield than talking to us? Or trying to make new plans to destroy us?
How did everyone in the keep know Tyrael is angel?

Maiden of Lust didn’t feel like that at all even the voice acting didn’t suggest she is the maiden of lust. I’m running around the dungeon and nothing in there *the big guys in background with chains on them* tell me what I’m going to fight is the maiden of lust more like suffering than lust to me.

Diablo feel different in D3 than D2 *at least for me* in D2 cinematic when he talk to Marius from his tone he seems to care about his brothers and the first thing he did was trying to free them but in D3 he give me the feel of “I’m bad you are good now we fight” only like any generic villain because of his lines.

Did I miss something? Or was the game story made by 2 writers only to have one of them drop and leave the other with no idea what to do with half the work?

English is not my language sorry if I made many mistakes :p
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 03:50 AMPosted by Uluru
Leah don’t believe what Cain say and keep thinking it’s just a story yet she talk about Diablo when you talk to her even after she heard about the Skeleton King and saw Maghda and heard what she said she still don’t believe till Tyrael showed her what happen to him
Undead and witches are more commonplace in sanctuary than angels and demons.

why Maghda didn’t take Tyrael blade when its right next to her….?
It seems like she fears the power of Leah.

Shouldn’t Azmodan be more worried about what happen on the battlefield than talking to us? Or trying to make new plans to destroy us?
Azmodan is commonly criticized for being lame.

How did everyone in the keep know Tyrael is angel?
I doubt it was much of a secret.

Maiden of Lust didn’t feel like that at all even the voice acting didn’t suggest she is the maiden of lust. I’m running around the dungeon and nothing in there *the big guys in background with chains on them* tell me what I’m going to fight is the maiden of lust more like suffering than lust to me.
Well you should consider that she is the Maiden of Lust from Hell. BDSM is probably her thing.

Diablo feel different in D3 than D2 *at least for me* in D2 cinematic when he talk to Marius from his tone he seems to care about his brothers and the first thing he did was trying to free them but in D3 he give me the feel of “I’m bad you are good now we fight” only like any generic villain because of his lines.
I thought you didn't play d2 ;)
It is different though, as expected. They were made by 2 different game studios. I think Baal is a great villain and has some of the best dialog throughout the entire franchise. He has a certain eloquent charm to his language that makes it that much more scary. I do think that the cinematics in DIII are fantastic though.
Edited by Chris#1235 on 8/8/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Chris
I do think that the cinematics in DIII are fantastic though.

Yeah, only if you don't like good storytelling.

Said by Marius

I heard later that [Diablo] was defeated. And the soulstones destroyed at Hellforge. All except one.
Reply Quote
I thought you didn't play d2 ;)
It is different though, as expected. They were made by 2 different game studios. I think Baal is a great villain and has some of the best dialog throughout the entire franchise. He has a certain eloquent charm to his language that makes it that much more scary. I do think that the cinematics in DIII are fantastic though.

Thank you Chris :)

I didn't play D2 yet going for it soon and I just forget to add youtube is my best friend :D

Agree about Baal he made me jump when he said 'SILENCE!' by just that word and his tone he made me scared of him. I like the villain I fight to have a personality of his own that make him/her more interesting. I hope we can fight the 3 brothers together that would be one epic fight for sure.

D3 cinematic are good but after watching the D2 cinematic can't help but it leave me with the feel it's missing something the D2 have.
Edited by Uluru#1927 on 8/9/2012 3:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]