Diablo® III

Misc idea to make followers more helpful

I was just thinking of how when you meet the enchantress in a2 she reveals illusions and leads you to your quest objective, and how dissapointing it is when she never does it again once her quest finishes.

So what I'm proposing is that the enchantress periodically tells you what way to go for the quest you're on (shes been trained by a prophet so wouldn't be too far fetched for her to realize it). She could say something like "Your fate lies to the north" or if the road splits "We must head left to reach our goal"

To balance it templar and scoundrel could give some hints aswell.
Templar could tell you which way the nearest champions/elites were "I sense a strong evil to the east".

Scoundrel could either guide you to resplendant chests and goblins, pick up gold for you (like DH ferret) or warn you of traps like falling logs and tell you when you can injure mobs with environmental stuff "Those monsters are right beneat that chandelier!"

If anyone else has some similar ideas to make followers more useful without boosting their fighting performance feel free to share :)
Edited by Pandadude#2245 on 8/8/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Pandadude
Scoundrel could either guide you to resplendant chests and goblins, pick up gold for you (like DH ferret) or warn you of traps like falling logs and tell you when you can injure mobs with environmental stuff "Those monsters are right beneat that chandelier!"

I really doubt the Scoundrel would share any of the gold he found.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
The scoundrel already finds goblins for you by shooting them when they are still way off screen.

Oh, did you mean so that you could kill them, too?

Satirical joking aside, I like your ideas, the followers are a bit one dimensional once they finish their story quests, although their interactions in camp can be amusing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]