Diablo® III

Tempest Rush Disconnect

Summary: Tempest rush is disconnecting a hardcore monk on a consistent basis.

Around 8 hours ago, my wife started playing her hardcore monk and was being consistently disconnected every 2-3 minutes. I was simultaneously playing with my own monk on my own machine with the same spec and was not having this problem, so we thought it must be a connection issue with her machine (we switched computers and my monk began having the same issue).

Eventually, however, we realized that the skill "Tempest Rush" was the cause of the disconnection issues, or at least, there was a very tight correlation. When she used Tempest Rush regularly, the disconnects came. When she didn't? No disconnects. What's more, these disconnects appeared to be occurring during Acts 2 and 3 more frequently, but almost never in 4 and only occasionally in Act 1. Possibly an issue with Tempest Rush being used against specific enemies?

MY THEORIES, UNNECESSARY TO READ: This was never a problem before, so I suppose the hotfix may have something to do with it? I've read just about every thread ever written about tempest rush bugs since the issues began, and it appears the disconnection bug is an OLD bug indeed. Perhaps the hotfix, in an attempt to reduce rubberbanding, undid another important failsafe that prevented the disconnections? Just my hypothesizing.
Reply Quote
I started up a monk a while back and was using tempest rush pretty consistently with no problems. I took a break when I hit level 10 to go back to my other characters and just started messing around with the monk again this week. Now, every time I use tempest rush, I disconnect. I don't have any runes slotted being only level 10. I'm on Act I, level 4 of the cathedral. As soon as I use the skill, I DC. Every time. So, I'm not sure what's going on either but I've taken it off my skill bar for now. Again, I was using this since I got the skill up to level 10 and never had this issue before, but that was about a month ago or so. Just wanted to add my 2 cents because I was searching the forums and only saw the issues related to the rubberbanding. So, your wife is not alone.
Edited by Baalice#1506 on 8/11/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Baalice, good to know we're not going crazy... We spent around 10 hours trying to resolve it, obviously because we didn't want her level 40ish hardcore monk to die from a disconnect. What's REALLY strange, though, is the workaround we discovered. We discovered it by accident, but apparently when you bind Tempest Rush to a mouse button as opposed to a keyboard key, you only get disconnected once every few hours, as opposed to once every few minutes. Still a problem, obviously, for hardcore but it would make non-hardcore games much more playable.
Reply Quote
Tempest Rush is disconnecting me regularly.

Seems to be a recent problem, probably started with the rubber-banding hotfix, but I'm not sure. I had it bound to my right mouse button.

Happens a few times per hour, makes the skill unusable.
Reply Quote
Try this:
Choose Tempest Rush with any rune.

Instead of using the keyboard to activate the skill, hit the skill with the left mouse button once. Then click and hold the left mouse anywhere on the screen.

Thats a 100% disconnect for me. Same with whirlwind for barbarian. Blizzard knows this, since i told the customer support (a month ago), but they seem to do nothing about it.

Can anyone verify/falsify this?
Reply Quote
I use Tempest Rush on my left click and D/c it might have to do with thunderclap and the alternation in between though... about every hour i can d/c between using these
Reply Quote
Bump for this.

I still have this issue, so I'm sure other monks may have it as well.

When are you fixing this? Kinda hard to play with this on hardcore.
Reply Quote
i had this issue until i turned off vertical sync

i had the same issues a while back with ww barb

hope this helps!

*edit* i forgot : in case you don't know where vertical sync is it's a video/display option found not only in diablo 3 but also in your local graphic card video settings that are generally found on either an ATI or NVIDIA control panel (sometimes a right click on desktop will get you the option to view vid card settings) its possible it can be off in diablo and on in vid card and still have this issue.
Edited by Uberd0rk#1671 on 11/30/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Uberd0rk

i have tried a week without vsync and it does not happen as frequent anymore - although it is kinda annoying to play with screen tearing as well -.-
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Hyrma

i have tried a week without vsync and it does not happen as frequent anymore - although it is kinda annoying to play with screen tearing as well -.-

lol i hear that, i had this running on a 46" w/o vsync and sometimes it would look like a waterbed or some psychedelic version of diablo 3
Reply Quote
I only seem to get disconnected using Tempest Rush in the Act 3 Stonefront area... usually happens while fighting elites with 5 stacks of nv while I'm looking for the key guardian. Had it happen today three times!!! Super annoying having to start my run over and over and over...

Oh, and I still rubberband with tempest rush quite regularly. :(
Reply Quote
I changed to a tempest rush build some weeks ago and also suffer of this problem. In average I would say every 30 minutes. Had disonnects before, but only very rarely. I think it has to do with the movement speed (having 24% on equipment, fleet fooded and the rune of TR that makes you move faster).

I play softcore, but it's annoying an lets me loose my faith in Blizzard, especially, since there is no feedback...
Very poor design...
Reply Quote
Same issue here, getting disconnected randomly when i use Tempest Rush with Tailwind. Not going to try without since this is a key factor to my TR build. Just made another post on the issue hoping for some reply.
And it's like @IncredibleOT said- It's annoying, especially when i try to stack up NV! ^^
Reply Quote
This sucks. I decided to start playing again and beat inferno. Tempest rush is a must for my build. I get disconnected all the time. So annoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]