Diablo® III

Read If You Need Help With Your Barb, Part II

Hello!

I added you as a friend, you have given me advice in the past but now that I actually have gold I would like some help with gear. BigMighty#1301
Reply Quote
DBoy - first off great thread!

In your opinion what should I work on in my gear?

I feel a bit tanky but it allows me to farm act 3 pretty easy (maybe some weird molten/jailer/desecrator/arcane combo wrecks me at times) but for the most part I kill slow and steady

I have been trying to upgrade to a good command helm for another 8% block

I really need more dps - thoughts?

You have tons of health and resists and armor. Tons... You could probably sacrifice a few vitality gems and replace them with strength gems. If you upgrade your gems to + 46.

+24 in chest
+4 pants
+92 in ammy and ring
(+120 str total)

while losing 88 vitality (3080hp)-Leaving you with 57k(plenty). If you can upgrade your helm to helm of command with ANY str(80?) at all, even if it does not have AR, I would think it would easily (in combo with above) raise your dps by 3500? You will lose some vitality there as well and possibly some AR, but you could substantially raise your dps by switching some gems and one piece of gear.

Apologies, I'm no DBoy, just my opinion.

"Opinions are like kittens; Always giving them away."--Modest Mouse

Edit:
Also, put your better vitality gem in your helmet 1% of your vit = 492hp where as +4 vit = 140.
Edited by CTwit#1736 on 8/14/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a question about my barb, i currently have a nice 2h and my dmg is about 65k unbuffed. I was wondering if you or any1 could take a look at my 2h and tell me wut stats i would need on 2 1h weps to give me a decent dmg increase. Im thinking about goin dual weild since the price of 1h weps are about to go down some.
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy, I'm clearing A4 without too much trouble at the moment, but I certainly am not able to truly farm A3. A run takes me at least an hour normally, which is far to long to be efficient. I've also hit somewhat of a brick wall upgrading my gear, and am finding it very hard to get good upgrades for my items in a reasonable price range. What would you recommend upgrading first? And should I drop some stat for something else? I.e. the all res on the chest for a better chest Str/Vit wise.
Edited by Subjugglator#6394 on 8/14/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Met with dboy late saturday, I had 40 mill to spend and I just hit 60 on my barb and was waiting to see what kind of gear he got me. the whole process took about an hour and he was very helpful he took the gear set he bought for me and went to act 3 and was mowing mobs down with ease at one point he gathered 4-5 elite packs in one area and I teleported to him and died but I could watch as he took out all elite packs with ease using the gear he got me.

I had limited time to play so far but breezed through act 1 and almost done act 2. I should easily be able to do act 3 just watching what he did with the gear he got me. He even took time to teach me how to properly spec and play a ww barb so hats off to him.

I highly recommend his services, and obviously the more gold you have the better set he can get you. I think he got me around 48k hp, 43% crit, 1200 loh, 650ish, 43k dps, ~650 resists, almost 7k armor w/ buffs (all this with the crappy gems - 34str/50% crit ones!). If you get a chance definitely check him out.
Edited by Korupt#1771 on 8/14/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
DBoy187, I read your first thread and appreciated it. Would you please check my gear and/or spec and give me some input. I prefer sword / board and group tanking. I'm doing fine in act 2 solo but haven't ventured into act 3 solo yet but suspect I will fair alright against most elite packs. I'm getting rocked in act 3 group play. Thank you.
Reply Quote
great advice....would love some advice on how to get through act 3....stuck with my build I guess... I am only at 43k w/ 32k vit.... can I get there with 20m or so? can't afford more really. thanks for any info
Reply Quote
Does your ww barb have 100k dps with or without berserker mode?
Reply Quote
hey i tried to add you a few times.......try adding me alienwareben#1789
Reply Quote
After taking Doughboy's advice and going DW, I have noticed dramatic changes in my damage output and surviveability.

I look at the game differently, I see gear in a new light, I kill before I am killed, and tanking is for amatuers, I eat glass and ask for seconds!

Thankyou Doughboy

Spent 30 on the RWAH for a High Crit damage STR, VIT, Socket, Axe. I'm a little more squishy, but I blow stuff up once Wrath cooler is up.
Reply Quote
DBoy187, (or anyone who can help me!)

I would like some informations about what should I look for when buying an amulet or rings.
I know its all about balancing so here's the info:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SPOK-1551/hero/13370636

Current stats:
54.4k life
33.7k dmg
27.5% of crit chance (with ruthless)
146% of crit damage (with ruthless)
7% att speed
413 lowes resist
0 life on hit
172 life per sec

Can I afford to loose the all res im having on both ring?

My goal here is just to make a good choice on how to replace my amy and rings.
Reply Quote
DBoy187, (or anyone who can help me!)

I would like some informations about what should I look for when buying an amulet or rings.
I know its all about balancing so here's the info:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SPOK-1551/hero/13370636

Current stats:
54.4k life
33.7k dmg
27.5% of crit chance (with ruthless)
146% of crit damage (with ruthless)
7% att speed
413 lowes resist
0 life on hit
172 life per sec

Can I afford to loose the all res im having on both ring?

My goal here is just to make a good choice on how to replace my amy and rings.

You need more crit chance and crit damage, easy to achieve on rings, you could lose some life for sure.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Aruul
You need more crit chance and crit damage, easy to achieve on rings, you could lose some life for sure.

thanks for your input! Do you think I need some LoH too? I dont have any right now.
Reply Quote
Hey Dboy!

Just wanna make sure I am still on your list. Where we sitting at right now?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Reb

thanks for your input! Do you think I need some LoH too? I dont have any right now.

I dont think for a SnB barb, LoH isn't necessary.

IMO, you need to switch your AR from your rings to other pieces of armor. Rings are mainly used for hard to find stats like crit dam, crit chance, LoH etc. You want your rings to have good dps modifiers.

If you can find some AR on a helm and chest, that would be very helpful. Ar on the shield might be another option
Reply Quote
Hi Dboy. Hi replied in your earlier thread and tried to friend you in game but you got swarmed quick I am sure. Anyway, if you could take a look at my WW/TT Barb and let me know what you think. My main goal right now is to be able to farm Act 3 and I would love your advice on the biggest upgrades I can make to do that.

I've got 20mil to my name but don't want to spend it all since I want to keep a cushion of cash around for emergencies. I've searched the AH as much as I can but the upgrades I find don't seem that fantastic for what people are charging these days. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
I tried to add you ingame but didn't get an anwser
I read A lot of guide but I'm still Stuck on act 3

may you look my profile ? or add me in game so we could talk ?
I will tip don't worry ;)

Thanks
Reply Quote
Sorry Guys am getting over loaded with questions again so I will try to give you guys some different ways of looking at gear.

First of all it is very important to know how many stats each piece of gear can have.
These are the max stats for each piece.

Weapon: 350 Str - 350 Vit
Shield: 200 Str - 200 Vit
Amulet: 302 Str - 302 Vit
Rings: 178 Str - 178 Vit
Shoulders: 300 Str - 200 Vit
Helm: 200 Str - 200 Vit
Pants: 200 Str - 300 Vit
Chest: 200 Str - 300 Vit
Gloves: 200 Str - 200 Vit
Bracer: 200 Str - 200 Vit
Boots: 200 Str - 200 Vit
Belt: 300 Str - 200 Vit

It will be near impossible to get each piece of gear with max stats but it will help you understand that getting 70 Str on a shoulder,or 50 Vit on chest and pants, or no stats at all on weapons. This is not good....
First off I like to do a search I call half and half, Example: Shoulders can have 300 Str -200 Vit, So lets search for shoulders with 150 Str - 100 Vit along with some resist. This is how you want to search for each piece to upgrade, search for half the max stats it can possibly have and work down or up from there.

I know some people still wont be able to afford these types of stats on their gear, this is why I explained the budget builds and other ways of getting your stats. Since Shoulders can have so much Str why not get as much Str as you can on that piece along with all resist. You can make up for the Vitality loss on shoulders by getting a socket in you helm and by searching for 200+ Vitality on chest and pants. Even more than having mass Health is getting your EHP Up, Ehp means Effective Health Pool. If you dont have the resist and armor to sustain your Health then it doesnt matter if you have 100k Health your still going to get smoked in half a second. This is why its important to focus more on Str than massive amounts of health. Alot of people ask me why do I only recommend around 40k health and others are telling me I need around 50-60k, Well it would be great to have that much health and thats a goal to reach for in the future, right now just make sure you are getting your EHP up and DPS up, there for focus on your Strength and some resist.
Think about this for a second, but also take into consideration blizzard has made alot of mistakes in this game. Anyways, If barbarians need to have 60-100k Health why did blizzard only give us Pots that heal for 12,500 Health?

Now let me explain what happens when you reach my level of gear and what Strength can actually do for you. My dps is currently at 81,891 Unbuffed, My Shoulders have 188 Str - if I remove my shoulders my dps drops to 75,235. Now lets say I remove my Chest, Dps drops to 67,729. Ok now this is a substantial amount of DPS loss and I am ONLY losing Strength. It isnt like I can have Crit chance OR damage, OR Attk spd on my Shoulders and Chest, So why is this happening? Well Strength Increases your DPS by a Percentage, So my set at 2,200 Strength my DPS is increased by 2,200%. Now this isnt much by itself, But when you add the Extra crit chance, Crit Dmg, Attak spd and most of all the actual DPS on weapons your overall damage is going to skyrocket.

Everyone knows 1.04 is coming very soon and if the rumors are true, that inferno is going to get another nerf on some elites and even regular monsters what do you think this means?? This means even More DPS for barbs and less sustain.

PS: Don't bet your bottom dollar on this but, might be a good time to start buying the Highest Str/Vit Items you can find, before everyone starts realizing its gonna be more viable to stack those 2 stats rather than stacking Strength and all resist on every piece. Just hope 1.04 isnt another inferno nerf.
Reply Quote
Hi~

can i get some advice on what to do with my barb?

i got

40.5 crit chance
284 crit damage
5.2k armor
430-500 resists (i use superstition to make up for low resists)
17k dps (sux cuz of my offhand)
40k health

this is unbuffed, just passives
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]