@DBoy,

I am looking for
50K HP
LoH > 1K
Unbuffed DPS > 50K
CritChance > 40% (With Weapon Mastery)
Buffed Armor >7K (With Impunity)
Buffed Resistance >700 (With Impunity)

Can you help me out gear up a WW Barb. What should be my budget for this set?
I have added you, but still waiting to get added on your end.
Edited by ragnakore#2796 on 8/19/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nice to know u from this post,bro..

i really like to maximize my dps and want it to be higher and higher.. what is the barb build that suits me?

also kindly inform me the minimum all resistance,armor, and max life to finish act 3 and 4 on inferno level.. fyi,the stats in my profile is not buffed by any active skill or follower.. thank u in advance,bro.. looking forward for your reply soon =).. and i also add u in game..
Reply Quote
Guys

What's wrong with my barb? Die in a3 quite alot. help/opinions much appreciated. cheers
Reply Quote
@DBoy,

I am looking for
50K HP
LoH > 1K
Unbuffed DPS > 50K

Hi mate.

You can check out my Barb, maybe you will get some ideas from it. I got similar stats to what you want and I spent around 40 mils for the whole set (Except gems)

And by the way, bump for DBoy, greatest guy ever, very kind and knowledgable.
Reply Quote
Hey Dboy,

Thanks for the update.

Your prediction was pretty spot on about acquiring heavy str/vit items. Seems like the will slowly phase out MF gear.

I am trying to build up some gold for you to work with as I don't have that much (<5 mill).

On a side note, with the new paragon system, will you be continuing this service? Seems like everyone will be back to playing the game to gain more paragon lvls.
Reply Quote
i need help!

adding you!
Reply Quote
Does this work for hardcore too? Just lost a 60 HC barb in A3. I still have 25 million to regear my new barb and am interested in this approach to try to get phys/fire/arcane over res all.
Reply Quote
Thanks OP and others for a very helpful thread. Aside from missing Fire resist, what should I focus on next (MH and OH weapons -add Crit Damage or LOH to allow swap to Emerald)? Thanks for thoughts and tips, been very helpful and made for enjoyable Act3 progress so far.
Reply Quote
OP: Thanks for this thread and guide. A lot of very good information.

I am curious, what route do you take when farming A3? I have started farming it recently, but I just start with the 'breached keep' and play through the entire Act solo. I bypass all the trash to kill elites. It takes about 1hr 20 min to do the whole thing, 3-4 trips to town. I only pick up ilvl 61+ (unless ring/amulet). Sometime I quit early depending on elites in the Tower.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is something more efficient. Maybe start at Rakkis crossing/siegebreaker and forget Ghom, but still clear the keeps, then proceed through the rest of the Act? Or start with the ballistae clear?

Any tips are appreciated!!

@DBoy,

I am looking for
50K HP
LoH > 1K
Unbuffed DPS > 50K

Check my profile for an example of this setup. Yours could basically match my gear, except chest/pants losing resist to gain many more stats (vitality). Some of my items are actually self found - amulet, helm, %life ring, boots, but the rest are all from AH. Cost of the remainder was roughly 40M for all combined (22M for weapons and gems).

One note is you can trade armor/resists for LoH. Meaning, the more mitigation you have, the more effective LoH becomes and the less LoH or steal you need. If you are going for a build healing mostly with skills, then you can worry more about EHP as a total, as skill based heals scale with EHP directly. I will say that my current barb is a bit squishier than I want, but the damage output is very good for solo farming A3. ~57k with battle rage and 80k with WotB thrive on chaos (would be 160k with insanity).
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy. You added me a week ago, but I've been on vacation and missed my turn.

I'm selling my wizard gear and rerolling a WW Barb. Could you please help me?

I currently have 200M and will probably have over 400M after I sell wizard.

Can I ask how much you spent on your gear? And what kinda of DPS am I looking at with a

200M or 400M barb?

thanks
Edited by TuoxiE#1471 on 8/21/2012 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe you can help me build an ww barb or something with my gear:). I have alot of good gear but it all together not work at all. The problem i think is that i try to build 654 different builds in one build and that is what i get, Nothing:).

Regards
ZyKLoN#2657
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy,

I added you in game and got accepted already, thanks. Today I just sold all of my gears and have 70 mils now. I would appreciate if you could help me to build a set to farm act 3 with around 125% base MF. And btw, do you think this is the right moment to buy MF gears or should I wait for a couple of days to get better deal? After the patch, I see that the price of MF stuff is decreasing kinda fast and people got very good drops today.

Cheers and see you in game!
Reply Quote
Has the suggested noob build changed any? Should I run with just normal frenzy build in act 1 to farm gold?
Reply Quote
As you guys all know the new patch is up and I believe everything I have said has been correct. If you guys are wanting gear now is the time to buy it, I imagine everything is going to go up in price over the next few months. Rubies have went up, radient star rubies have went from 16mill to 24mill and probaly will continue to go up. Even flawless squares have went to almost 2k, tomes also. This is because barbarians are the go to class currently. I have been experimenting tons with new types of gear and have come up with some very nice viable sets, I am working on a new gear guide and will post it soon, I know as soon as I do the gear is goin to skyrocket in price. The new patch really changed the entire game and I believe Mf should only be bought on very few pieces now since the max is only 300%.
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy,

thanks for the advice.

I have about 2.5 mil and would like to gear up my barb to be able to farm act 3. i'm using a typical frenzy build.

Just wondering if you can help out. Here's my profile.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jeanxxx82-6364/

Hope to hear from you soon bro.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy,

I added you in game last night, but remembered I should post on here as well. I should have about 5 or 6 million to spend. Also looking for build suggestions. I like to play solo and with a friend or two a lot of times.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Hey,

With my current gear I'm able to farm a1/a2 with relative ease but still have a rough time with a3 elites...what pieces of gear should I aim to upgrade to keep progressing?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Got any advice for my guy?
Reply Quote
Hi there Dboy, added you in game with regards to a ww barb set. Appreciate some help tks in advance
Reply Quote
Dboy,

I am looking to transition to a WW type build and could use your help. I have added you in game awhile back and emailed you also. Any help would be greatly appreciated when you get the time. I have about 7.5 million to spend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]