Diablo® III

Any good underrated movies out there?

So.... I'm looking to find something to watch. Problem is I have seen a lot of movies, and lately have to dig deep to find something I haven't heard of nor watched.
I'm looking for a crime/prison based movie but am open to older comedies/drama's etc as long as its good. If you have watched a movie that didn't get recognition let it be known here!

Thanks
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
Only two right off of my head in the crime/prison genre, but you probably have seen them:

American History X
Shawshank Redemption
Edited by Antiquarian#1163 on 8/13/2012 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/13/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Antiquarian
Shawshank Redemption

Thought that was only underrated initially. Everyone should know it's an incredible movie. I see it frequently on best movie lists.

I think Van Helsing is pretty good.
Reply Quote
Not gonna give specific names to a movie worth watching but I tend to purchase alot of the B-Movies from Walmart and online outlets ... $5.00 for 2 to 12 movies (usually on 2 to 4 DVDs). While many of the movies are crap, there are usually two or three in each compilation that are pretty decent.
Reply Quote
Being John Malkovich
Reply Quote
Moon
Reply Quote
Umm this isn't a movie, but if you like prison stuff, check out an older show called Oz. It's a tv series on life in a fictional prison. It deals with gangs, drugs, races and the characters are amazingly detailed.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Todd
Umm this isn't a movie, but if you like prison stuff, check out an older show called Oz. It's a tv series on life in a fictional prison. It deals with gangs, drugs, races and the characters are amazingly detailed.

Nice! I hadn't thought about that show in a long time. That was really good, they should all be available on DVD (if not Netflix). It was an HBO series IIRC...
Reply Quote
08/16/2012 11:44 AMPosted by RWDStarlet
Moon

try out Moon cause its really good, Sam Rockwell does a good job portraying a man stuck up on the moon for a couple of years.
Reply Quote
For a movie full of laughs try Littleman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vxUys8MSek about a midget jewel thief that has to pose as a baby to get his diamond back.

For a good crime fighter show while it isnt a movie this 13 part series is pretty good, set in the 1920's. Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_mEtOS8bE
Reply Quote
Equilibrium
Reply Quote
Equalibrium gets a huge +1 :)

For a good, crime/comedy that was totally missed try 'The Immortals' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113394/). Don't let the fact a modern Clash of the Titans wannabe has the same name. This is certainly one of my most enjoyed movies of the 90's.
Reply Quote
Memento. pretty unique movie is almost played backwards
Bound. made by wachowski brothers before matrix
Reply Quote
cabbyshack. its a classic.

has some inappropriate stuff unfortuinately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]