Diablo® III

Lets be honest about PoE/D3...

(Locked)

Ok so I have been watching Kripp play PoE on his stream.. After watching him play I now know why people like PoE over D3.. alot of people complain about D3 and they complain about alot of different issues.. There is only 1 thing that PoE does better than D3 and because of these 1 thing every PoE fan ignore all of the flaws the game has, meanwhile they bash every flaw D3 has even if D3 does it better than PoE..

That 1 thing that PoE does very well is number crunching... PoE is very good at letting people manipulate stats (aka numbers).. Mostly do to the passive skill tree and the support gems.. now lets go down the list of other things in comparing these 2 games..

Graphics; I think its fairly obvious that D3 has the better graphics.. I am not going to get into it but no sane person will try to say PoE looks better than D3..

Controls: Again D3 feels and controls better than PoE... The animations and fluidness of the combat feels better with D3...

Loot: Ok here is a good one,, People complain about the loot in D3 and say upgrade drops never happen at lvl60 and all upgrades are from the AH.. Well after watching krip play PoE he hardly gets upgrade drom drops as well!! It seems like he has to barter on the PoE website in order to get upgrades.. Or he has to use a ton of mats to get lucky trying to change a normal piece if loot into something special.. So yeah both games dont drop a ton of upgrade loot at high lvls.. lol but PoE gets a pass on this because it does number crunching better..

End-Game.. A nother good one.. Everyone complains about D3 lacking challenging end-game content.. So watching Kripp he does random maps that drop as end-game.. The thing is the maps are are lvl 60 to 65 while he is lvl 75.. Watching him do these maps puts me to sleep.. If there is ever a time I cant sleep I will put on Kripps steam to watch him do these maps.. They are not even challenging.. He spams 1 skill the whole time and he hardly ever has to run ot think of a different strategy.. Its a joke and he plays on the hardest difficulty playing HC.. D3 inferno is more challenging than that... lol Yet PoE gets a pass on the lame end-game challenge because of the number crunching..

HC mode.. What a joke this is for PoE.. the devs call it hardcore mode.. Yet when you die you dont lose your character.. You just get a bump down to normal mode.. WTF? How is that hardcore exactly? At least D3 has a real HC mode...

I could go on but why.. PoE fanboys will just make crap up to make it seems like PoE is better but really its just a 1 trick pony.. If D3 had PoEs passive skill tree than PoE would be a complete joke...
Whats wrong does the truth hurt?
Sad but true... I actually paid for path of exile, and the state it's in right now is not better than D3

I can see a bright future ahead of it though!
Edited by Pantheon#1785 on 8/14/2012 3:18 PM PDT
I've paid for POE. Played through most of the first act, and haven't had a chance to do the rest. It's a very nice game - with some very interesting ideas. The visuals are a problem, while I like the dark feeling, everything is a shade of brown, and D3 kicks it's bum in that department. However I really like the character attributes tree, it's an elegant, interesting system.

What really bugs me though, is this tiny, indie dev team in NZ can produce something like this, whereas a behemoth like Blizzard, with all the money behind it has produced D3 which is only marginally better as a game in general, and worse in some systemic gameplay design issues. The POE team probably have about 5% - if that - of the budget of Blizzard, to develop - and let's forget about the marketing budget. It really is a disgrace.
Edited by Bohemund#1924 on 8/14/2012 3:30 PM PDT
What is all this poe crap? Its an absolutely terrible looking freemium game which has a retardedly overcomplex skill tree. Have fun with that.
Ok so I have been watching Kripp play PoE on his stream.. After watching him play I now know why people like PoE over D3.. alot of people complain about D3 and they complain about alot of different issues.. There is only 1 thing that PoE does better than D3 and because of these 1 thing every PoE fan ignore all of the flaws the game has, meanwhile they bash every flaw D3 has even if D3 does it better than PoE..

That 1 thing that PoE does very well is number crunching... PoE is very good at letting people manipulate stats (aka numbers).. Mostly do to the passive skill tree and the support gems.. now lets go down the list of other things in comparing these 2 games..

Graphics; I think its fairly obvious that D3 has the better graphics.. I am not going to get into it but no sane person will try to say PoE looks better than D3..

Controls: Again D3 feels and controls better than PoE... The animations and fluidness of the combat feels better with D3...

Loot: Ok here is a good one,, People complain about the loot in D3 and say upgrade drops never happen at lvl60 and all upgrades are from the AH.. Well after watching krip play PoE he hardly gets upgrade drom drops as well!! It seems like he has to barter on the PoE website in order to get upgrades.. Or he has to use a ton of mats to get lucky trying to change a normal piece if loot into something special.. So yeah both games dont drop a ton of upgrade loot at high lvls.. lol but PoE gets a pass on this because it does number crunching better..

End-Game.. A nother good one.. Everyone complains about D3 lacking challenging end-game content.. So watching Kripp he does random maps that drop as end-game.. The thing is the maps are are lvl 60 to 65 while he is lvl 75.. Watching him do these maps puts me to sleep.. If there is ever a time I cant sleep I will put on Kripps steam to watch him do these maps.. They are not even challenging.. He spams 1 skill the whole time and he hardly ever has to run ot think of a different strategy.. Its a joke and he plays on the hardest difficulty playing HC.. D3 inferno is more challenging than that... lol Yet PoE gets a pass on the lame end-game challenge because of the number crunching..

HC mode.. What a joke this is for PoE.. the devs call it hardcore mode.. Yet when you die you dont lose your character.. You just get a bump down to normal mode.. WTF? How is that hardcore exactly? At least D3 has a real HC mode...

I could go on but why.. PoE fanboys will just make crap up to make it seems like PoE is better but really its just a 1 trick pony.. If D3 had PoEs passive skill tree than PoE would be a complete joke...

your comparisons are fail since PoE is still in early beta where as D3 is full release so until PoE goes live you are comparing apples to oranges
I don't know. I liked PoE.
08/14/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Navigator
What is all this poe crap? Its an absolutely terrible looking freemium game which has a retardedly overcomplex skill tree. Have fun with that.

overcomplex? maybe for a 12 year old.

PoE is awesome. It takes thought. You get to progress an actual character build through the game. It is exactly what an ARPG SHOULD be.
Too much of a Top down view, I'm staring at my characters head the whole time...who the heck thought that was a good angle. Don't know if viewing angle can be changed, but I won't be playing the game long term if its like that, too weird for me.

Game play looks a bit choppy and slow. (apparently they keep updating this and working on it)

Stat and Skill distribution looks awesome, all be it, confusing to start with.

Definitely has an interesting darker outside feel, more mid-evil maybe, its hard to explain. It looks more realistic, where diablo, there isn't any guess you are in a fantasy. (dunno, personal taste, nothing anything tangible or needing to be argued).

I still think they are different enough games that 1 isn't going to ruin or overshadow the other. Just like I think Torchlight 2 is going to be good, but its not going to over shadow D3.
D3 is an Action game

PoE is a Role Playing Game with Action

D3= Action game with No choices

PoE= ARPG with a million choices

*People who love RPG's Love Choices

*Diablo3 is not a RPG

/Thread

My barb would like a word with you.

Why? You have gear with thorns on it? lol

Gear =/= character development
08/14/2012 02:05 PMPosted by SadisticIV
People complain about the loot in D3 and say upgrade drops never happen at lvl60 and all upgrades are from the AH.. Well after watching krip play PoE he hardly gets upgrade drom drops as well!! It seems like he has to barter on the PoE website in order to get upgrades.. Or he has to use a ton of mats to get lucky trying to change a normal piece if loot into something special.. So yeah both games dont drop a ton of upgrade loot at high lvls.. lol but PoE gets a pass on this because it does number crunching better..

Ah, so what you're saying is that trading and/or creating your own items is the same as using the AH? It's not. Also, as it has been mentioned before, the "upgrade path curve" will mean it takes you more and more time to get an upgrade. But at the very least you have the chance to make it yourself in PoE. Further, I would be under the assumption that many of the mats he used on some item would have created an item that would have been good for a different build. This is IMPOSSIBLE in D3. Since you cannot create a necro Barb for example. In PoE you can if you want to.

08/14/2012 02:05 PMPosted by SadisticIV
The thing is the maps are are lvl 60 to 65 while he is lvl 75

Maps go up to 69 currently. Maybe 70 but I'm not 100% positive. Further, map lvl is not equal to your level. For every level increase, the monsters get 10% bonus to life, damage, etc. Therefore getting increasingly harder on the higher end. And, honestly, at least they created an endgame where D3 did not.

I agree about standard HC mode honestly, BUT PoE has ladders, different types of game modes such as Cut Throat, where on occasion you will enter another players instance and be able to PvP. The player that loses drops all their items. Never see that kind of thing here since there would be too much QQ.

Graphics. Meh. They're not really that bad. Is D3 better? Sure. But if you ONLY play a game for graphics than I'm assuming you think ANY older game is worthless now. Since games that were released on SNES etc. have bad graphics. Graphics are not everything. Plain and simple.

Further, MANY of PoE's unique items blow D3s out of the water. Even after 1.04. There is one belt that PREVENTS being frozen 100% of the time. The MINIMUM % chance to blind enemy on the Blind gem is 6%. This of course gets higher the further you level it, or if you increase the gem's quality. 6% is what 3x higher chance than MAX D3?

As someone else said. D3=A (missing the RPG part) PoE=RPG (working on the better Action part)

D3 cannot be fixed. It has lost too many of its fundamentals. PoE devs have already stated that they will be changing the camera angle, as well as working on the graphics as far as attack animations are concerned. I know this, because the devs post REGULARLY on the forums.

Cheers

EDIT: I see someone found the ARPG quote. Thanks

Edited again for grammar
Edited by SL4YeR#1559 on 8/14/2012 3:59 PM PDT
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978458536
08/14/2012 02:56 PMPosted by SadisticIV
Whats wrong does the truth hurt?

Ya it does.

Many D2 haters and crybabies are the ones who expect D3 to be D2 with better graphics, which is stupid. They love D2 pvp which consists of 8 guys camping the act1 gate. They love the D2 trading system which consists of everyone saying "WUW".."WUG"...
By the way, POE is nothing more than D2 with better graphics.
08/14/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Kaotic
They love the D2 trading system which consists of everyone saying "WUW".."WUG"...

Better than being ripped off in the current trading in D3. Whether it be through hex editing the AH, or by someone using scripts in-game.

The funny thing is that currently PoE does not have their trading tool released yet, so people are saying what they want to trade with each other, meeting up, and dropping items on the ground from a distance. And it works. No trade window=no trade window to exploit.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]