Diablo® III

Lets be honest about PoE/D3...

(Locked)

08/14/2012 04:02 PMPosted by SL4YeR
They love the D2 trading system which consists of everyone saying "WUW".."WUG"...

Better than being ripped off in the current trading in D3. Whether it be through hex editing the AH, or by someone using scripts in-game.

The funny thing is that currently PoE does not have their trading tool released yet, so people are saying what they want to trade with each other, meeting up, and dropping items on the ground from a distance. And it works. No trade window=no trade window to exploit.

I wonder why drop trading doesn't work in d3.
I prefer choices and control over my progression arc. Not being spoonfed. coddled and handholding. And then lied to about what i know to be or remember as "Fun". PoE destroys D3 in this area.

Obviously, upgrades become less and less commonplace as you reach the endgame in any game. But in PoE, again, you have choices. Ive found or crafted all of my gear and it was MUCH more rewarding than trading or auctionhousing it. Some players like this..

I guess it comes down to opinion but i fail to see how this:

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187/S0ny_B1ack/Templar2.png

..is dated antiquated graphics that D3s "warm-n-fuzzy KunFu Panda" look trumps.

Heres the tall and short of it.. I went ahead and paid for some of the micratransactions in PoE (Bank Tabs and Character Slots) and at the end of the day.. I dont feel shafted. I dont feel like the devs are lying to the playerbase at every turn. Taking their money and not listening to any of their feedback. Dropping "Ooh look.. a shiney" distractions like a 900 page MF Swapping thread. They arent stealth nerfing every other aspect of the game and outright lying about it or disguising it behind their interpret as "Fun"

What you see is what you get and the developers of PoE arent treating their playerbase like crap while outright lies spill out of their heads to protect their "business model"

08/14/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Kaotic
By the way, POE is nothing more than D2 with better graphics.

I'm perfectly fine with this..

Works for me, I liked D2... Scratch that, I LOVED D2, I "like" D3. I rarely play games I "Like" for very long, because usually games I "Love" take up all my free gaming time.

btw, like =! enjoy. I like Crysis 2 for its amazing graphics and interesting game play, but I hate FPS...
Ahh you can craft your own gear in D3 for upgrades.. PoEs "crafting system" is a game of chance just as much as it is in D3...
08/14/2012 04:07 PMPosted by SadisticIV
Ahh you can craft your own gear in D3 for upgrades.. PoEs "crafting system" is a game of chance just as much as it is in D3...

Wrong.. Spent millions and millions in D3 crafting and never got one single useable upgrade. You mustve been white and blue gear when you started crafting upgrades in D3. Probably 1/3 of my gear in PoE is crafted and its just as good as the gear i found as drops. My weapon is far far better than any drop ive found so far and i made it from a white trash seed drop. That one item i crafted trumps D3s entire crafting system.
Both PoE and TL2 will over shadow Diablo 3. TL2 is made by Runic Games. AKA they guys who where at one time Blizzard North. And While PoE is still only in early Beta it's so much more satisfying to play. Graphics are not everything and D3 only win on the Graphics front.

quiet, he he, I was trying to give D3 a break. We all know any good ARPG will overshadow it as its not an RPG, its just a linear action game. I truly hope POE delivers, as it will give rise to new little guys bringing down the major powerhouses who now produce crappy games to the masses. Yes the graphics on D1 sucked, but dang that first level 2 fight where the turbo charged butcher comes out of his room carrying a cleaver swinging it like Oblix...scared me to death.

Wrong.. Spent millions and millions in D3 crafting and never got one single useable upgrade. You mustve been white and blue gear when you started crafting upgrades in D3. Probably 1/3 of my gear in PoE is crafted and its just as good as the gear i found as drops. My weapon is far far better than any drop ive found so far and i made it from a white trash seed drop. That one item i crafted trumps D3s entire crafting system.

What are we talking about here? Upgrades needed to do end-game or upgrades in general? Because you dont even need major upgrades in PoE because the end-game is a joke and not challenging.. So you can craft whatever and its good to go.. Now you can craft loot in D3 while in hell that will help you do Inferno act 1 and 2... Do you have set pieces and legendaries craft reciepes? Do you have all the major ilvl 62/63 reciepes? Obviously not...
Edited by SadisticIV#1814 on 8/14/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Seriously is there an endgame in POE besides figuring out the appropriate distance to do drop trading?
08/14/2012 04:31 PMPosted by SadisticIV
n PoE because the end-game is a joke

You're blasting the 'end game' of an unreleased beta and comparing it to the nonexistant endgame of a 3 month old game that the devs admit it dosent exist.

This is fun

edit: Well, i guess you didnt actually compare it to D3s but we all know the facts.
Edited by Agrumh#1250 on 8/14/2012 4:56 PM PDT
08/14/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Kaotic
Seriously is there an endgame in POE besides figuring out the appropriate distance to do drop trading?

Thats a mind-set endemic to D3. I havent heard of a single person getting scammed YET in PoE thru drop trading. It seems D3 has the perfect environment for that type of player so why would they leave to go to PoE?
08/14/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Agrumh

Thats a mind-set endemic to D3. I havent heard of a single person getting scammed YET in PoE thru drop trading. It seems D3 has the perfect environment for that type of player so why would they leave to go to PoE?

I'm sure they would. Predators will always go to where the fresh meats are.
I'm sure they would. Predators will always go to where the fresh meats are.

With one caveat. I dont think the developers in PoE would protect scammers like they do in D3 where not only is scamming protected its practically encouraged.
08/14/2012 04:09 PMPosted by AoxomoxoA
They had to Animate everything by hand they cant afford motion capture. So they also plan on improving the animations after dealing with core game issues, like balance, bugs and performance.

The animation is the only problem I have with PoE. I love the graphics, particularly for the indoor dungeons (Prison and Chamber of Sin are awesome) and the graphical style, but the animations are definitely a bit off. As I've said on some other post, if D3 modelers/animators had been put to work on PoE, it would be an absolutely incredible game. As it is, it's just a very good game indeed.

It's a shame that Diablo III doesn't hold that title.

I'm looking forward to this weekend's PvP and Hardcore race events. Things like these keep players coming back, give them a change of pace from endgame, and build a strong sense of community.

Meanwhile, D3 doesn't even have PvP three months after release... and yet it's a playable mode in PoE's beta.

Edit: Here's PoE's "Build of the Week" number 8, which is already double the number of interesting and viable builds in D3. I see your crit DH and raise you a wand-wielding triple aura Marauder: http://youtu.be/CqwdiOdYfkI
Edited by Alexander#6707 on 8/15/2012 5:38 AM PDT
If I were a Blizzard dev, I'd be embarrassed in a room of PoE devs. Talk about awkward.

Several years with a massive budget and group of teams to develop something that even (deluded?) fans, myself included, look at with a sad, resigned, disgust. RIP Diablo. RIP Blizzard. :(

There are, I think, 18 PoE devs who took 5-6 years to create a game with far more innovation and fun than we will ever see in Diablo 3 and they're still adding content quickly. And, without a greedy RMAH or a longstanding reputation, they've received over a million dollars from people who see the brilliance and quality in their game before it's even released for public beta and knowing that it will be free to play without pay to win.

PoE's community is far better too, btw.. comes with having a far better game with constant interaction with devs.

That said, I don't think it's really fair to compare D3 to PoE.. as I said before, D3 is as an ant squished under PoE's mighty boots.
i'm an ex player of diablo 3
it's been a long time since I left diablo to POE

and i can say that : when POE will be realease diablo3 will be deserted.
i'm an ex player of diablo 3
it's been a long time since I left diablo to POE

and i can say that : when POE will be release diablo3 will be deserted.

Technically, POE has released and didn't really make much of a splash.

POE will forever be held back by it's poor visuals and slow goofy combat. It's a niche game that is not designed to be a massive success.
Edited by FrodoFragins#1142 on 2/15/2013 10:04 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]