Diablo® III

2 Issues: bad startup error and crash on exit

Both of these issues are relatively recent -- since the patch that caused issues with the Mac loading screen.

1. After a computer restart, the first time I run Diablo I get the following error:

"We have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo III.

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8.0
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M"

However, the second attempt to start the game is successful. I've noticed that the card isn't listed on your not supported posted, nor is it listed on the support cards page (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo). I know others have had FPS-related issues with this card (my FPS isn't great, but I'm fine on low settings), so I know it's a fairly common card.

2. Without fail, upon exiting the game, Diablo III will appear to close just fine. If I have any other applications open (e.g. safari), they will be pseudo-repsonsive. However, within about 20 seconds, the computer will simply do a full, hard reboot and report a crash.

Here are my system specs -- it's about 2 years old. I run the game on an external ViewSonic VP2365 SERIES monitor, but have the same issues regardless of whether I use it on my external monitor or on the mac's screen:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0F
SMC Version (system): 1.58f16
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
However, the second attempt to start the game is successful. I've noticed that the card isn't listed on your not supported posted, nor is it listed on the support cards page (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo). I know others have had FPS-related issues with this card (my FPS isn't great, but I'm fine on low settings), so I know it's a fairly common card.

You're probably looking at the PC list and not the Mac list. Try looking here for a list of all supported Mac graphic cards: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-video-card-support-mac

I would also try some troubleshooting steps from our crash support article and see if it helps: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-lockups-and-crash-troubleshooting-mac
Reply Quote
Thanks. Your corrected link confirmed that my card is supported. However, per my post, I'm getting an error telling me that it is not supported. That's still an issue.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/12/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Calvor
Thanks. Your corrected link confirmed that my card is supported. However, per my post, I'm getting an error telling me that it is not supported. That's still an issue.

:(

Can you try deleting the D3prefs.txt file and see if it helps? The easiest way to do this:
    1. Open the Diablo III Launcher
    2. Click Options on the system menu bar
    3. Click Reset Game Preferences
    4. Press Yes to confirm the changes.

This should remove the D3Prefs.txt file and generate a new one. This should update the toggle for supported/unsupported graphics card and resolve the issue.
Reply Quote
Hello,

I just had the same issue. After checking the mac supported video cards list, I was perplexed to find my card was listed as supported. A simple google search brought me to this post.

For anyone else reading this, I can confirm that the instructions for resolution above (Reset Game Preferences) from Machkhan worked perfectly for me.

Thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]