Diablo® III

WhirlWind Disconnections.

(Locked)

stop disconnecting me when i whirlwind?

being kicked out of a solo game I create myself usually when i got 5 stacks up also...
irritating at best.

online only WOULD be fine IF i could actually play!
getting disconnected by a bug when i'm playing SOLO makes your online only policy truely cruel and not so likeable.
Edited by Teksuo#1706 on 8/17/2012 1:00 AM PDT
I 2nd this fix.
it happens to so many barbs .. yet they dont do nothing nor confirm they're working on it.. they seem to just don't care ... just because it dosnt happen to EVERY player.

well do your research and read your freaking bug report forum... you'll notice how huge this problem is and how it affects A LOT of barbarians...

so unfair ..wiz's had their disc problems solved and acknoledged... why not barbs?
you can't fix it? you can't find wtf is wrong? Why?
There is a solution for that in barbs forum... I can´t remember the link, but it´s something with vsync settings... in game options.
Never had that happen to me.
You're getting disconnected from WW'ing too much?!

Well now that's interesting. Haven't heard of that.

08/15/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Fenrir
There is a solution for that in barbs forum... I can´t remember the link, but it´s something with vsync settings... in game options.

Might make some sense, in Skyrim if you don't cap your FPS at 60 the physics goes bonkers and half the inanimate objects kill you if you run over them or open a door.
You're getting disconnected from WW'ing too much?!

Well now that's interesting. Haven't heard of that.

Might make some sense, in Skyrim if you don't cap your FPS at 60 the physics goes bonkers and half the inanimate objects kill you if you run over them or open a door.

ive tried every silly workaround suggested , vsync on or off, fullscreenwindowed, hardware class 1 thru 6, updated my NIC's driver to the latest jsut in case, sli on or off.. tried about every single combination of foreground background fps cap and also no cap at all.

i played 4 classes to inferno and the barb is the only one with disc problems, and ALWAYS when WWing a lot... no matter the video settings.

so tell me how it could be user error if my 3 other toons have not seen the problem?

also my setup is complete overkill for this game and i play more demanding game flawlessly at ultra settings... BF3 is a good example.. all day ultra no problem super smooth.

i7 2600k
16gb high performance ram
dual gtx 580 in sli
force 3 SSD
1100 watt psu
10mb connection wich works flawlessly on any other game..
never use any torrent thing never download huge files.
everything up to date drivers/firmwares/os

and more... i'm not alone! theres a ton of ppl whining about this in the bug report section.
so go figure..

wtf?
Edited by Teksuo#1706 on 8/15/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Blizzard Employee
Hey guys,

To help me out, I'd like to get some logs from players for research.

Please follow the steps below to get me accurate logs:

1. Play Diablo III until Whirlwind causes a disconnect.
2. Exit the game and do not re-launch it.
3. Go to the main Diablo III folder where you installed the game (usually Program Files\Diablo III).
4. Find the D3Debug.txt file in the main Diablo III folder and copy it to your desktop.
5. Open the file in Notepad and edit out your e-mail address.
6. Re-save the file.
7. Upload the new file to pastebin.com and link it back here.

Thanks guys!
Edited by Vasadan on 8/15/2012 11:38 AM PDT
OMG! THANKS FOR POSTING!! i love you. some kind of care shown! you rock.
I'm going to my gf's birthday dinner in a couple minutes so i can't do this now but i will for certain do it AS SOON as i'm back later this evening.

THANK YOU
i'll post the link this evening. and everytime it happens after.
Hey!

I also got this problem, only that I don't disconnect, I only experience the rubberbanding, which was said to be fixed.
It happens so many times, it just spoils the whole fun.
The fix for me is to use 'windowed fullscreen' in the video settings instead of just 'fullscreen'. With fullscreen I disconnect at least 5 times an hour, with 'windows fullscreen' I dont think I've disconnected yet.
It's probably a result of WW Barb's rolling their face across the keyboard.
Hi Vasadan, here is a pastebin of my log:
http://pastebin.com/ZZfc3BZ3

As mentioned, disconnecting happens every 5 minutes or so. It seems to happen with my Barbarian only. I'm testing my WD to see if the same thing happens but so far it hasn't. For me it started about 3 days ago. My connection would drop stating: The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server. Other people on the same network as me also plays online games (not D3) and their connections does not drop when mine does.
Blizzard Employee
Awesome, thanks Donatello! Quick question: Are you casting Whirlwind by clicking on your Action Bar and then clicking and holding your mouse to cast it? QA recently discovered a disconnection that can occur when casting channeled spells from your action bar by clicking and holding, not by pressing the number with your fingers.

If anyone else has logs, please post them in the thread.

Again, this is not a thread about "rubberbanding" or other issues. This is a thread about Whirlwind disconnections.
Hi Vasadan, thanks for looking into the problem.

I am actually not clicking on the action bar. I have my actions bound to QWER (instead of 1234) and I always press the key. For example: I have Sprint (Run Like the Wind) on Q, so I press Q first, start running with the left mouse button and then press the right mouse button as well for WW (Hurricane). I never disconnect when running between fights, it is often during the fight or on initiation that I disconnect.

In case it helps, my skill set is setup like this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhUkRP!bZY!aZZcYZ

PS: I can also confirm that this only happens to my Barb, I've just been playing an hour with my WD and had no issues.

PPS: I will try and help as much I can, I'm going to bed now but if you have any more questions please fire away.
Edited by Donatello#2188 on 8/15/2012 11:54 PM PDT
My Sprint is "4" and my Whirlwind is "1" so I can confirm that I get disconnected with the WW build even though I have WW and Sprint on the numbered keys on the action bar.

I will test out WW tonight and paste the info you requested into paste-bin tonight (even though i've slowly started to make my Demon Hunter my main...130k dps now..)

I use the (Hurricane) *WW with (Like the Wind) * Sprint build.

*Also 12% Movement Boots.
Edited by Recyclebin#1417 on 8/15/2012 5:00 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]