Diablo® III

WhirlWind Disconnections.

(Locked)

I just created a new thread to get the devs attentions.

Everyone is calling this a Disconnect.

My game client Stops Responding.

Are people getting DC'd or is the game Not Responding? I think there are thousands of people reporting this as a DC which may be sending the devs in the wrong direction.

This "crash" is different than our Furious Charge issue. With the Furious Charge, you can still click stuff. With the WW bug, the game is dead.

Also, on my thread I included a screen shot. I was at full rage and hadn't clicked any ability for at least 1 second prior to the game not responding.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u427/ClownfishSushi/WWCrash.jpg

It's is a Disconnect, no question about it, definitely not a game not responding. You get a message that says you're disconnected and you get dumped back to the main menu with your character shown.

If you're getting game not responding, that's either a hardware or installation issue. I suggest first trying to re-install. If that doesn't fix it, try swapping out PC parts if you know how and have extras... one at a time. I've never had the game stop working, except when skipping the last cutscene in act4 before diablo (in the pinnacle of heaven or whatever) But I think they fixed that bug cause I don't get it anymore.
I just created a new thread to get the devs attentions.

Everyone is calling this a Disconnect.

My game client Stops Responding.

Are people getting DC'd or is the game Not Responding? I think there are thousands of people reporting this as a DC which may be sending the devs in the wrong direction.

This "crash" is different than our Furious Charge issue. With the Furious Charge, you can still click stuff. With the WW bug, the game is dead.

Also, on my thread I included a screen shot. I was at full rage and hadn't clicked any ability for at least 1 second prior to the game not responding.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u427/ClownfishSushi/WWCrash.jpg

It's is a Disconnect, no question about it, definitely not a game not responding. You get a message that says you're disconnected and you get dumped back to the main menu with your character shown.

If you're getting game not responding, that's either a hardware or installation issue. I suggest first trying to re-install. If that doesn't fix it, try swapping out PC parts if you know how and have extras... one at a time. I've never had the game stop working, except when skipping the last cutscene in act4 before diablo (in the pinnacle of heaven or whatever) But I think they fixed that bug cause I don't get it anymore.

Well then in addition to the Disconnect issue, the devs need to look into the Game Not Responding issue. It's not my install and it's not my hardware. The fact that WW causes my game to crash and your game to disconnect have to be related.

Can we get more people speaking up about an unresponsive game, not just a disconnect?

Well then in addition to the Disconnect issue, the devs need to look into the Game Not Responding issue. It's not my install and it's not my hardware. The fact that WW causes my game to crash and your game to disconnect have to be related.

Can we get more people speaking up about an unresponsive game, not just a disconnect?

In addition to, yes. But they don't "have to" be related. In fact, they are most likely two completely different issues.

The issue that EVERYONE else here has is that a message box pops up while WW'ing that says something to the effect that your game connection has been lost and you have an "OK" button to click, which drops you back out to the menu screen. It's the same exact message you get if you idle for too long and the server terminates your connection from sitting around with no activity for too long.

It's also not dropping the game on the server, as I was playing with friends and able to re-join the same game that just disconnected me. I didn't check with them to see what it said on their side, but my guess is that it just says that I left when I got disconnected.
Edited by Migs#1845 on 9/16/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Is Blizzard working on this? Or they simply don't give a damn abt the feedback?
If Blizzard don't care... i shall boycott their every product.

No wonder Blizzard staff said that this game is broken and gamers will be disappointed.
ok sooooo

i havent had a DC in weeks...

what did i do you ask?

i put my game in windowed fullscreen.... havent had a DC since.

Blizz, you still need to get this fixed please
Edited by Ramxi#1224 on 9/17/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Blizzard Employee
Thanks guys, we're still working on it.

In the future, please don't spam and bump threads. Locking this down as the last few pages and posts are unhelpful.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]