Diablo® III

Thoughts

I've been obsessed with Diablo and Diablo 2 for many years, yada yada. I loved the story and experience.

Now that I've explained me, here are my thoughts about Diablo 3's story. Some of these I may go in depth with, but most will be blanket statements. Thoughts about the games mechanics I'll exclude.

- The Butcher shouldn't have come back
He was slain, he was meant to stay with the original Diablo game.
- Leoric shouldn't have come back
He was an interesting tale in the first game. Why is he back?

I feel that they've returned purely for the purpose of nostalgia. I didn't feel it.

- Tyrael became mortal
The idea in and of itself is a cool one. The execution was pour.
- I could not take Azmodan seriously.

After hearing the announcement for Diablo 3, Before I saw the first video's and screenshots, I recalled imagining what Diablo 3 would be like years ago while playing Diablo 2.

Drop a line if you feel this.
Diablo game play - Silent Hill atmosphere.

Perhaps not very original, just mashing names together to convey an idea in a way that can be understood and visualized.

- Diablo containing the 7 lords of hell
While I can get on board with this, perhaps not making Diablo the main focus would have been the interesting way to go? I've always thought of Mephisto being the the cunning leader.. even though the scripture in the Original Diablo game says that Diablo is the leader of the three.

- Adria has betrayed the light
...?

Going to make some Coffee then try to add some positive points on to this. :D
~Chears
Reply Quote
You drink coffee too slow...
Reply Quote
There's a good reason for that. There isn't anything really positive to say about the story.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 01:06 PMPosted by LittleDisco
There's a good reason for that. There isn't anything really positive to say about the story.

If only they hadn't chased of Melyria. I enjoy a good argument.

- Tyrael became mortal

The idea in and of itself is a cool one. The execution was poor.

True. He basically became a big key because they nerfed him to oblivion. He used to roll 40k dps, now he's just a big shield. Otherwise he tells you to do a bunch of stuff you could have figured out on your own, then doesn't realize that the bad guy has been with them all along.

08/10/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Dirox
Diablo game play - Silent Hill atmosphere.

Can you imagine ol' Diablo popping out and Triangle-what's-his-face just taking him out? That would have actually been scary. Cross-genre horrible story crossover, yes. But still kind of scary.

08/10/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Dirox
While I can get on board with this, perhaps not making Diablo the main focus would have been the interesting way to go? I've always thought of Mephisto being the the cunning leader.. even though the scripture in the Original Diablo game says that Diablo is the leader of the three.

Mephisto does kind of get the short straw... Doesn't quite seem fair, does it? That Diablo is such a super genius that he invented all this about the soulstones, engineered their capture (not once but twice) and saw the intervention of Heaven all as devices to help him... not succeed?!?!?!? Oracle is a little off there, Big D.
Reply Quote
- The Butcher shouldn't have come back
He was slain, he was meant to stay with the original Diablo game.
- Leoric shouldn't have come back
He was an interesting tale in the first game. Why is he back?
I agree with the Butcher at least. His appearance did not seem justified. I understand why it happened though. Blizzard missed out on Blizzard North's development cycle and wanted in on it.

Kind of the same deal with Leoric. His appearance was a little more justified as they went pretty damn far into is backstory throughout Act I.
Edited by Chris#1235 on 8/10/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Melancholy
If only they hadn't chased of Melyria. I enjoy a good argument.

I know. He was always such a good sport about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]