Diablo® III

Fallen hero data (killer+location)

Does anyone have an idea how we can translate the killer ID + location ID into text?
"death": {
"killer": 219702,
"location": 154587,
},

Thanks!
Reply Quote
That seems to be the internal ids for the values.

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/npc/178300-dark-berserker

For example, my hero was slain in Wortham by Dark Berserkers.
{
killer: 178300,
time: 1339356749
},

So I assume to wait until we get either a static api for this, like for items or they change to killername.
Edited by mrdiablo#2937 on 8/11/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep, makes sense. Probably it will get replaced to the killername since there is no further reference on a specific beast elsewhere on the site, same for location. Hope this gets fixed soon! Cheers
Reply Quote
The killer is definitely a link to actor IDs which you can find by datamining. I'm not sure what location points to yet since it doesn't seem to match up to any scene or levelarea IDs that I have.
Reply Quote
I googled mine including the area where I died. Just found some bot forums including some configs containing it as worldId.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
We can look into create a data API for location and killer ids.
Reply Quote
You are too kind. It would be extremely helpful.
Reply Quote
Any Update on this? :)
Reply Quote
Hello @Straton,

Better than an API call to retrieve the location and name, a global "static resources" repository or API would be ideal. This would help us getting useful data such as:

- internationalised text so it would be easy to match item description with what players can see in-game for instance
- all sorts of pictures that we would obviously advertise as yours
- achievements

I reckon this is not that complicated to use data-mined information available out there. However, I don't believe this to be good practice and since your have the source, making it available in parallel - or on top - of the existing API sounds reasonable from a developer point of view.

By the way, where are we supposed to make proposal for API changes/modification?

Thank you for the API anyway, this is still better than nothing :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]