Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.4 Class Previews

Waiting for mah Wiz class preview :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/15/2012 10:58 AMPosted by FireZombie
Is everything mentioned in the articles going to be the ONLY things changing? Or are we going to see more that a few skills buffed per class?

The previews are simply that: previews. They're not going to detail everything that's changing (this is what the patch notes are for), but instead will offer an overview of what you can expect to see. In general, each preview has some sort of focus -- they'll talk about a few specific changes with specific examples, but they'll also delve pretty deep into the reasoning and philosophies behind those changes. That's the trade-off.

Wyatt was pretty adamant in making sure these previews were more about providing explanations about what was changing rather than getting really granular with the details. After all, you'll get to see exactly what's been changed in the patch notes and when you play. While they are intended to give you an idea of what's coming, the previews are ultimately more about opening a window into the development process and sharing that experience with the community.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Lylirra
Is everything mentioned in the articles going to be the ONLY things changing? Or are we going to see more that a few skills buffed per class?

The previews are simply that: previews. They're not going to detail everything that's changing (this is what the patch notes are for), but instead will offer an overview of what you can expect to see. In general, each preview has some sort of focus -- they'll talk about a few specific changes with specific examples, but they'll also delve pretty deep into the reasoning and philosophies behind those changes. That's the trade-off.

Wyatt was pretty adamant in making sure these previews were more about providing explanations about what was changing rather than getting really granular with the details. After all, you'll get to see exactly what's been changed in the patch notes and when you play. While they are intended to give you an idea of what's coming, the previews are ultimately more about opening a window into the development process and sharing that experience with the community.

Fantastic!
Reply Quote
Excited for Wiz, maybe can get back to glass cannon/caster style. WW is fun but it's not Wiz.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 10:47 AMPosted by ExCoRiO
I really wanted to believe this patch would save the game. So far it's borderline, leaning more towards not. Don't think me or any of my friends will be coming back unless inferno stops dropping such crappy loot while costing all our gold just to repair. I know 7 of my friends are completely done with D3 which I wish wasn't the case. Even more are done with Blizzard games in general. I really wish we could still play and enjoy the game, but it seems that time came and went. Still hoping for a reason to come back though, even though I won't be playing with many friends, if any at all.

You must be just awful if you're spending more than 5% of your total gold earned in a run on repairs...
Reply Quote
hmm This is very interesting sure hope everything turns out better then it was.
Reply Quote
What's supposed to happen with magic find?
Reply Quote

That's nice you know Lir. I'm a big fan of Blizz games, specially Diablo franchise. Like most of the people of scout the forums daily this become a sort of hobby. More then just a game. Seeing that you guys were able to handle all the qq. you have received and still keep to improve the game is one of the reasons I'm such a huge fan of you guys work!!!
Reply Quote
Is anything happening with skills like Ancient Spear and Ground Stomp? Nobody really uses these at all, apart from 1 AS rune in the ranged spec.
Reply Quote

I am excited about the upcoming WD changes. I can see why WD is the last preview because it probably takes the longest time. :P

I hope they are also going to look at Tactics and not just skills/runes.

Good job! The examples he gave are actually BETTER than what I was hoping for.
Reply Quote
Can't wait for the WD updates. I hope to finally be able to play my favorite class again!
Reply Quote
EXCITED.
Reply Quote
Hey Lylirra,

August began on a Wednesday, so what do you consider the 4th week of August? The week beginning the 20th, or the week beginning the 27th?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 11:18 AMPosted by TheKraken
You must be just awful if you're spending more than 5% of your total gold earned in a run on repairs...

You're really good at making assumptions. I made it to act 4 inferno pre-nerf. Didn't have too many issues until mid act 3. Either way, I don't often die but when I do repairs cost more than the gold I find per run.

Climb off that pedestal boy, you might fall and hurt yourself.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 10:47 AMPosted by ExCoRiO
Don't think me or any of my friends will be coming back unless inferno stops dropping such crappy loot while costing all our gold just to repair.

They've started dealing with that problem already. ilvl 61/62 weapons can now roll damage as high as a 63 (potentially) and we still don't know how Magic Find is going to change. Who knows? It might be something that blows our mind, and that's why Jay Wilson himself is going to address it =P

Edit: Oh, and repair costs are going down by 25% as well.
Edited by Jortalus#1344 on 8/15/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Monks better receive numerous buffs and not just buffing garbage skills but meaningful buffs to their passives. 3/4 of them are complete junk. +10% run speed? Really? Maybe add 20% attack speed to that and it may be viable. A bigger spirit tank? Maybe if it also adds 15% damage to all spirit draining attacks...
Reply Quote
damn the dmg buff on fury spenders... love it.
perhaps life steal won't be so useless now! :O
Edited by Razor#1728 on 8/15/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 11:44 AMPosted by TheMiggles
Don't think me or any of my friends will be coming back unless inferno stops dropping such crappy loot while costing all our gold just to repair.

They've started dealing with that problem already. ilvl 61/62 weapons can now roll damage as high as a 63 (potentially) and we still don't know how Magic Find is going to change. Who knows? It might be something that blows our mind, and that's why Jay Wilson himself is going to address it =P

Edit: Oh, and repair costs are going down by 25% as well.

Yeah, this is why I've had some hope. Personally, Diablo is by far my favorite franchise so I will most likely be trying out every new patch in the hopes of the game becoming as fun as D2 was for me. I'm just sticking with the pessimism as so far things haven't gone all that smoothly. I really hope that this patch will be as good as it sounds. If not, I'll have other things to busy myself with until some more patches roll out.
Reply Quote
Good stuff Blizzard. Clearly you all have been hard at work collaborating for new ideas to come up with to satisfy the Diablo 3 community. I look forward to this upcoming patch.
Reply Quote
Thumbs Up Blizz. xDD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]