Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.4 Class Previews

Great. Thank you for listening to us. Now... about those constant massive lag spikes that kill us through no fault of our own...
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Migrax
What's supposed to happen with magic find?

JW is gonna be doing a big post about that. They'll probably save it for last and it won't simply say "no more averaged MF." I think a lot of people will have a positive reaction to it. (Except people with 1B+ gold already and botters.)
Reply Quote
I really don't know what changed within the inner sanctum of Blizzard HQ, but I'm liking all the blue posts and relevant information we've been getting.

I don't know what caused the nearly 3 week stretch of silence from Blizzard but I hope it NEVER ever happens again.

I think a lot of work has been going over the past while, and the whole team had to get on the same page before they started coming out with any specifics or even hint at specifics.

That is why initially you saw a lot of 'friendly' blue posts about cats, music, etc. The community was saying they wanted interaction, but the CMs couldn't really do detailed stuff yet. Then of course people jump on them anyway so it was sort of lose-lose.

I don't find this process much different than other Blizzard releases. Which is what bothers me about all the negativity here.

Game comes out, feedback from community comes in, Blizz determines 'best fit' changes that overlap the largest segments of the community and releases. rinse and repeat til you have a stellar game.

The community has definitely gotten a lot better on both sides lately though
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Xane
When does the MF preview go up?
Reply Quote
Sweet! Looking forward to the Wiz blog. Glad you guys listened. It really felt like you forgot about us the last month or so.
Reply Quote
this looks really good for the max fury bash/cleave barb i was theory crafting!!! (and have been using...still in NM tho)
Reply Quote
Lylirra
Community Manager

08/15/2012 10:58 AMPosted by FireZombie
Is everything mentioned in the articles going to be the ONLY things changing? Or are we going to see more that a few skills buffed per class?

The previews are simply that: previews. They're not going to detail everything that's changing (this is what the patch notes are for), but instead will offer an overview of what you can expect to see. In general, each preview has some sort of focus -- they'll talk about a few specific changes with specific examples, but they'll also delve pretty deep into the reasoning and philosophies behind those changes. That's the trade-off.

Wyatt was pretty adamant in making sure these previews were more about providing explanations about what was changing rather than getting really granular with the details. After all, you'll get to see exactly what's been changed in the patch notes and when you play. While they are intended to give you an idea of what's coming, the previews are ultimately more about opening a window into the development process and sharing that experience with the community.

This implies that there could be nerfs waiting around the corner for the current most popular builds. Should we be prepared for the nerf bat?

Another nerf knocking me out of Act 3 farming would probably be my breaking point with this game.
Reply Quote
awesome!!!!
Reply Quote
All five heroes are getting buffed in 1.0.4, and we'll be posting previews for each class over the next couple of days to give you some insight into what's changing.

Wednesday (8/15):
  • [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923460/"]Barbarian[/url]
  • Wizard

Thursday (8/16):
  • Monk
  • Demon Hunter
  • Witch Doctor

As each preview is published, we'll update this post with a link, so be sure to stay tuned to see what improvements we have in store for your favorite character!

i don't understand this post, these are updates, the sky is turning red!
Reply Quote
This implies that there could be nerfs waiting around the corner for the current most popular builds. Should we be prepared for the nerf bat?

Another nerf knocking me out of Act 3 farming would probably be my breaking point with this game.

Whatever gave you that idea, especially after the blog went out of its way to tell us that the Tornado Barbarian build is not being nerfed?

I'd like to say I enjoy seeing the philosophy approach for the class overview -- if we know why a change is made, it's a lot easier to tell whether it's actually accomplishing its intended purpose.
Reply Quote
I'm so waiting for the Witch Doctor! Even though I've created 2 other characters since and haven't played him in about a month or so, he is still my favorite.
Reply Quote
Give me the Wizard blog plx

Btw, when is it 9/16 in the US timezone? How many hours left?
Reply Quote
Can't wait to see some monk fixes, desperate desperate need of assistance.
Reply Quote
I can't help but keep refreshing the OP in hope that the Wizard blog was just released, instead of playing the damn game...
I want to read it, dammit! >.<
Reply Quote
Oh, I'm also praying that Paralysis will do something, because I saw that passive and didn't realize that the proc coefficients made it lousy.
Reply Quote
please buff Paralysis
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Lylirra
The previews are simply that: previews. They're not going to detail everything that's changing (this is what the patch notes are for), but instead will offer an overview of what you can expect to see. In general, each preview has some sort of focus -- they'll talk about a few specific changes with specific examples, but they'll also delve pretty deep into the reasoning and philosophies behind those changes. That's the trade-off.

I interpret that to mean "Since the Barbarian Preview doesn't mention anything about the intent to change warcries its almost surely not going to contain sweeping changes to warcries." For example.
Reply Quote
08/15/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Hinary
Demon Hunter, SMOKE SCREEN IS BACK TO NORMAL

Damn you. I'd almost forgotten about the smokescreen nerf...this is all I'm going to be thinking about for the rest of the day.

08/15/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Google337
good job!! please bring back dh tentacles!

Hate to burst your bubble, but Nether Tentacles was bugged. It was never meant to hit multiple times on the same enemy. It's not likely they're going to "bring it back" because they didn't mean to make it that way to begin with.
Reply Quote
Give me the Wizard blog plx

Btw, when is it 9/16 in the US timezone? How many hours left?

Let's see...I think Blizzard HQ is in California. It's 2:36 in California as of this post, so about nine and a half hours till 9/16.

I don't think they're going to drop three patch notes right at midnight, though. They're probably going to post them at different times during the day, like they're doing with Barb and Wiz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]