Diablo® III

Android application

Hi,

I'm working on an android application showing character profiles. It's still a very early version, but I would appreciate your feedback.

Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.mevrad.d3#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwibWUubWV2cmFkLmQzIl0.

Things that are working right now:
  • displaying character list
  • displaying item icons and details
  • displaying attributes
  • In the near future:
  • displaying skills
  • displaying followers information
  • GUI
  • Reply Quote
    Save career/hero function! And a decent layout would help.
    Reply Quote
    Hi mevrad,

i just downloaded your app. The functions you implemented till now are working. I have just found the following things that you should look after:

-I opened a barbarian character with a shield equipped. When i click on the shield it says:
    3706.0 - ???? Block Amount

-Every item with one or more sockets in it says something like this:
    "+3.0 Sockets"
    "+1.0 Sockets"
    If im not missing something, items cant have like 2.5 Sockets so you should fix this.

-I would like it if you would save a history of the latest Battle.net IDs wich the user typed in, so i dont have to retype it everytime.

-And of course the GUI needs to be redesigned. There are many things that dont look that good. For example the hero list after you typed in your Battle.net id. In my case it shows 6 heros and if i try to scroll it looks like the control ends under the last hero but thats not the bottom of my screen, i hope you know what i want to say. But as you already mentioned in your post, the GUI needs some upgrade.

I hope my thoughts help you atleast a little bit. If one or more of my points is unclear, please ask and ill try to explain further.

Greets, Atrion.
    Reply Quote
    Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions! I am aware of the horrible look of the application, I'm working on it =P.

08/14/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Aveley
    Save career/hero function!

Will do, but probably not in the next version.

08/14/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Atrion
    3706.0 - ???? Block Amount

Corrected. If anyone wonders, there is no Block_Amount_Item_Max attribute, but there is Block_Amount_Item_Delta :).

-Every item with one or more sockets in it says something like this:
    "+3.0 Socke

Corrected.

-I would like it if you would save a history of the latest Battle.net IDs wich the user typed in, so i dont have to retype it everytime.

I was also thinking about it. Added. I will also add the possibility to favorite some battleTags to keep them on top of the list.

In my case it shows 6 heros and if i try to scroll it looks like the control ends under the last hero but thats not the bottom of my screen,

Sorry, I don't think I understand. Are some characters missing? The control should end after the last hero or at the bottom of the screen - in this case it is scrollable.

Once again, thank you for your suggestions!
    Reply Quote
    How do you find it on Android, designing UI's? I've been on iOS for 3 years now and have been avoiding Android for various reasons.. one thing i love about iOS is the fixed screen size.

Edit: And just an FYI, I made the D3 Spellbook app (with my good friend)... but not sure if we'll make another app for character profiles. I think the ultimate app would be an item/hero builder, but I don't think the API allows that much yet (or will ever?).
    Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 8/15/2012 7:34 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Hi again, related to the following:

Sorry, I don't think I understand. Are some characters missing? The control should end after the last hero or at the bottom of the screen - in this case it is scrollable.

There are no characters missing. The problem is, that when i touch the control with the characters in it and move up/down, it doesnt look right. If this behaviour is the way to go on Android apps, then forget what i said. But for me, it would feel better, if the control, i call it container, would always end at the bottom of the screen.

If you would sit next to me i could just show it to you. :-/

Atrion.
    Reply Quote
    Hi,

08/15/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Onetwo
    How do you find it on Android, designing UI's? I've been on iOS for 3 years now and have been avoiding Android for various reasons.. one thing i love about iOS is the fixed screen size.

I use dp (Density-independent Pixels) and hope it will look decent on all devices. You can also do different layouts for different screen sizes. In the future I will probably make tablet-specific version.

08/16/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Atrion
    There are no characters missing. The problem is, that when i touch the control with the characters in it and move up/down, it doesnt look right.

What device/ android version are you using? I've tried it on 2.2 and 4.0.3 and the control is not scrollable (it does't move) unless there is not enough space on the screen for the content to fit. If it is scrollable it should take all possible space. Are all your heroes visible without scrolling? Thanks for your help!

BTW there is a new version of the app available - some layout changes.
    Edited by mevrad#2178 on 8/17/2012 3:47 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I am using the Galaxy S I9000 with Android 2.3.3.

All of my heroes(6) are displayed and there is a small space at the bottom, would say just enough for another hero. If i touch the control and pull it down, the last hero goes behind this small space at the bottom.

I have used my awesome paint skills to make you an example. Normally it looks like this,
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-15643295/normalscreen.png.html

and when i scroll down it goes like this:
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-15643322/scrolledscreen.png.html

Btw, i've just downloaded your last update. Of course it could look a lot better but you are on the right way. I like the hero icons in the hero list. (The problem with the container is in this version too, just wanted to mention this.)

Greets, Atrion.
    Reply Quote
    WOW thanks for the detailed description! To be honest I couldn't reproduce this behavior on any of my devices/ emulators. Anyway in the next release the control will take entire screen, it should help :).
    Reply Quote
    I forgot to mention, that the same thing happens on the start page with the latest used Battle.Net ids.

I dont know if i am going too far but forgive me, im working as a developer and that are the kind of thing i see when im working on my own applications:
    When i click on one of my characters, i get the character preview with the items shown. You should look after this again. For example, the rings should be centered above the main/offhand. But thats really just some small thing i noticed.
    Edited by Atrion#1705 on 8/18/2012 2:01 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Web & Mobile Team
    Thanks for sharing!
    Reply Quote
    Hi,

I use dp (Density-independent Pixels) and hope it will look decent on all devices. You can also do different layouts for different screen sizes. In the future I will probably make tablet-specific version.

Ah, cool! I should also mention I like the animation power of iOS. Especially on newer devices heh.

Also to Straton: Keep up the good work, and awesome fast responses heh! So much fun seeing lots of blue posts. I guess as Diablo players we're all attracted to shinies ><
    Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 8/20/2012 2:42 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    awesome work ! love the app!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]