Diablo® III

Important Security Update

So should I cancel my credit card or just change my password. Or both?
Reply Quote
Every company gets hacked. Get used to it people
Reply Quote
Definitely not a good look for a game where real money is used.....
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Lylirra
Please [url="http://www.blizzard.com/securityupdate"]click here[/url] to read an important security update about your Battle.net account.
This is important enough to be placed on launcher screen instead of that WOW ad.
Reply Quote
Do I need to change my password if I have an authenticator? Why u lock other threads how will I get an answer?
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:42 PMPosted by KINGofCRA5H
If you think this is Blizzard's fault then I feel sorry for you. This kind of stuff is going to happen NO MATTER WHAT. And it isn't just game companies either. Major corporations including the US Government get hacked and are being hacked with more and more frequency as of late

This. Nobody remembers when Anonymous hacked the FBI website during the SOPA protests? I must be the only person who doesn't expect blizzard to have FBI level security (which still ended up getting hacked). This crap happens. It sucks, but it doesn't just happen to blizzard- any high profile company runs a very high risk of hackers trying (and eventually possibly being able) to hack their systems for information. To people saying they've never played another online game that had their systems hacked, while I cannot confirm or deny it, what companies were those? If you were trying to get account information from a company, would you rather spend your time hacking some little 1m user company, or would you rather hack some multi million user company?
Reply Quote
Every successful money pit gets hacked now and then, the fact that Blizzard announced it is better than most companies.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Why
Do I need to change my password if I have an authenticator? Why u lock other threads how will I get an answer?

do you need to change it? no. should you anyway? yes.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Typhon
Definitely not a good look for a game where real money is used.....

It's not the game its the battle.net system that got hacked.
Reply Quote
Agree. ABSOLUTELY there is NO system that CANNOT be hacked.

I think the real problem is the fact that they've obviously kept a lot of people in the dark over the last week while they 'verified' what had happened.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Caillean
If you think this is Blizzard's fault then I feel sorry for you. This kind of stuff is going to happen NO MATTER WHAT. And it isn't just game companies either. Major corporations including the US Government get hacked and are being hacked with more and more frequency as of late

This. Nobody remembers when Anonymous hacked the FBI website during the SOPA protests? I must be the only person who doesn't expect blizzard to have FBI level security (which still ended up getting hacked). This crap happens. It sucks, but it doesn't just happen to blizzard- any high profile company runs a very high risk of hackers trying (and eventually possibly being able) to hack their systems for information. To people saying they've never played another online game that had their systems hacked, while I cannot confirm or deny it, what companies were those? If you were trying to get account information from a company, would you rather spend your time hacking some little 1m user company, or would you rather hack some multi million user company?

They didn't STEAL INFORMATION.
How do you not understand the difference?

They DDoS'd the FBI's EXTERNAL PUBLIC ACCESS WEBSITE.
Reply Quote
Unfortunate, but I appreciate the prompt and thorough response.
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:45 PMPosted by BuffetMaster
This only happened because of the RMAH.

All-knowing guru here, guys.

And what about companies that get hacked that don't even make games let alone RMAH's? Right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]