Diablo® III

Important Security Update

Buy new password on RMAH.
Reply Quote
We take the security of your personal information very seriously, and we are truly sorry that this has happened.

Mike you are a liar, and not once since the launch of this atrocious so called Diablo game has your workers been upfront, or willing to participate in discussion with your customers. I have gone way out of my way to support your company over the past two years, and this is how you have re-payed my loyalty to you. I will never buy a product from your company nor do I take part in anything that has a Activision logo on it. You, and your company are truly pathetic. Good day to you sir.
Edited by Wendschlag#1633 on 8/9/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Rhyno

This. Nobody remembers when Anonymous hacked the FBI website during the SOPA protests? I must be the only person who doesn't expect blizzard to have FBI level security (which still ended up getting hacked). This crap happens. It sucks, but it doesn't just happen to blizzard- any high profile company runs a very high risk of hackers trying (and eventually possibly being able) to hack their systems for information. To people saying they've never played another online game that had their systems hacked, while I cannot confirm or deny it, what companies were those? If you were trying to get account information from a company, would you rather spend your time hacking some little 1m user company, or would you rather hack some multi million user company?

They didn't STEAL INFORMATION.
How do you not understand the difference?

They DDoS'd the FBI's EXTERNAL PUBLIC ACCESS WEBSITE.

While this is true, hopefully you see my point.
Reply Quote
That'd be funny if tomorrow they release a statement:

"The good news is that we've discovered only a small pool of people had their information stolen. Anyone who has a perfectly clean computer and is an IT wiz, please change your password".
Reply Quote
I'm sorry to say that I've now lost any confidence that I once had in you Blizzard.

I'm totally through with Blizzard, Diablo 3, Battle.net and any future games you put out.

I don't know why, but for some reason I expected my personal information to be at least safe with you and it's apparent that it wasn't.

I think it quite obvious and hope others do too now that we can't possibly use the RMAH because of these situations. There's just no way that you can be as big of a target as Blizzard is and not have people continue to crack into your servers and eventually steal our financial information.

I'm sorry, this is Diablo3 we're talking about, it's just not worth the chance anymore.
Reply Quote
Well, time to change your password and be paranoid.

Blizzard just opened themselves to a lot of problems. These claims that people have been making that their accounts have been hacked because of an issue server side just MIGHT have grounds now for formal proceedings.
Reply Quote
Are EU Players also affected? Since I auto login here too when I login into EU Battlenet Forums. ^^"

I've heared, that Blizzards Battlenet Servers are actualy very save and "fort-knoxy"... so how do these Hacker kiddies always find ways in such protected sytems so easily?
Reply Quote
08/09/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Rhyno

This. Nobody remembers when Anonymous hacked the FBI website during the SOPA protests? I must be the only person who doesn't expect blizzard to have FBI level security (which still ended up getting hacked). This crap happens. It sucks, but it doesn't just happen to blizzard- any high profile company runs a very high risk of hackers trying (and eventually possibly being able) to hack their systems for information. To people saying they've never played another online game that had their systems hacked, while I cannot confirm or deny it, what companies were those? If you were trying to get account information from a company, would you rather spend your time hacking some little 1m user company, or would you rather hack some multi million user company?

They didn't STEAL INFORMATION.
How do you not understand the difference?

They DDoS'd the FBI's EXTERNAL PUBLIC ACCESS WEBSITE.

Lol, doesn't matter. What's on the FBI's public access website to steal? Fact is it's a government controlled website which had (from what i read) some pretty complex security measures. What's on blizzard's end? Customer information. Be grateful that blizzard wasnt completely stupid like sony and left personal information and cc numbers unencrypted, or we'd all be screwed. As it stands, they've warned us that as of now, we pretty much have to change our passwords. If they had gotten cc numbers and personal information- blizzard is REQUIRED BY LAW to tell us that. Get over yourselves and change your passwords.
Reply Quote
Great, now my email is known and getting spam mail/phishing attempts which previously has been clean of it for THREE YEARS. Now I have make new mail and go through 20+ games changing passwords and such, ya thanks Blizz. Thanks alot.
Reply Quote
page doesnt exist? what does it say guys
Reply Quote
Wait, wait, so - they have access to:
My email address
My secret question answer
My authenticator info

So they don't have access to my password - they have access to EVERYTHING ELSE which (as we saw with Apple's social engineering compromise earlier) they can use to screw up my account.

This is not something a simple password change can fix!
Reply Quote
It looks like Blizzard cannot be trusted with confidential data, so I removed all my payment options from my account, but can't remove/change my address and real name information.

My question for Blizzard are now:
- If I delete my payment options, do you still keep the information in your DB, i.e. for reference or are they now completely erased from your systems?
- How can I change or better yet remove my RL information from the account page? Do you plan to offer such feature?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]